Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

11 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

You sail very soon so I'd not mess around with the card if you're still green lane and have a QR code.  You might want to take a screenshot of that.  If you run into a problem at the pier, then you could just present the new card.  I've run into this recently with one of my cards when the card changed numbers due to a fraudulent charge.  Utilities and other services started getting billings rejected.  I should have kept a list of who is using my cards for what so I could have notified them of the new numbers.   🤦‍♂️

yeah, I had a couple of amazon orders in process that they notified me and I had to update with new card info - which I would easily do if I knew the Princess app would cooperate 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

At bottom of Princess Home Screenimage.png.dda684c5ea53aa039bee05717aafef54.png

Thanks, but None of that shows on the home screen for me.  Not to worry as I don't need it, I was just pointing out that for some reason chat is not being made available to everyone...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Thanks, but None of that shows on the home screen for me.  Not to worry as I don't need it, I was just pointing out that for some reason chat is not being made available to everyone...

It's not showing up for me on my Mac either.

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

DW and I are green lane for our March family cruise.  I don't seem to be able to do our Arrival Group yet, though.  The voice in the back of my head keeps saying we won't be able to do that until 30 days out.  Is the voice right

Which port do you cruise from? We were able to do ours at 74 days out for Majestic from San Pedro.

DW and I are green lane for our March family cruise.  I don't seem to be able to do our Arrival Group yet, though.  The voice in the back of my head keeps saying we won't be able to do that until 30 days out.  Is the voice right

I was able to select for my sailing from FLL about 50 days out.  It seems to be different for each sailing, no hard and fast rule.

18 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Hmmm...none of it shows?

If you have the website display at max, maybe it's "hidden" off screen. Maybe try to make you top & bottom margins smaller. Worth a shot.

18 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Which port do you cruise from? We were able to do ours at 74 days out for Majestic from San Pedro.

Ft Lauderdale.  We sailed from there just after Thanksgiving on Sky and would get a msg about groups not being available until closer to the sailing date.  Didn't get that this time.  No bigee.

• Like 1

Seems it depends on the ship too.  
I was able to do it about 46 days from

FLL for Jan and about 45 days out from the Feb cruise.  Some have said 30 days it opened.

If you are on your roll call, people like to post when it opens. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

We have a cruise on the Enchanted Princess leaving from Fort Lauderdale on March 10th.  I was able to book our Arrival Group on January 10.  I might have been able to do it a week earlier but we were on the CB and I didn't even think to try.  We are elite and are traveling with my brothers and spouses (one is platinum and the other is Gold or Ruby).  I thought that might make a difference but they were able to pick their group the same day when I told them to give it a try.

Well, the live chat button at the bottom appeared this afternoon, but when I try to use it I get a message saying all agents are busy and to try later!  

I've uninstalled the Medallion app on my phone several more times, giving it 24 hours in between installs, and it keeps telling my information (my name and birthday) don't match what they have on file, but it is EXACTLY what is in my profile on their site.   I've tried logging in with the booking number but then it asks me to give my name and birthday and they don't recognize me - arrrrgh!

I hate to go to the port for a 25 day transatlantic without a boarding pass but I'm really stymied.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Ft Lauderdale.  We sailed from there just after Thanksgiving on Sky and would get a msg about groups not being available until closer to the sailing date.  Didn't get that this time.  No bigee.

I had been told 20 - 30 days by HQ a long time back.  Obviously, some voyages are coming out sooner.

In the past, folks reported access in that range.

45 minutes ago, flahagan said:

Well, the live chat button at the bottom appeared this afternoon, but when I try to use it I get a message saying all agents are busy and to try later!  

I've uninstalled the Medallion app on my phone several more times, giving it 24 hours in between installs, and it keeps telling my information (my name and birthday) don't match what they have on file, but it is EXACTLY what is in my profile on their site.   I've tried logging in with the booking number but then it asks me to give my name and birthday and they don't recognize me - arrrrgh!

I hate to go to the port for a 25 day transatlantic without a boarding pass but I'm really stymied.

if you don't have a travel agent, try requesting help from a PVP (or whatever the new name is). I had a wrong name issue and contacted a PVP and he fixed it.

7 hours ago, casandbliz said:

Do both myself and my husband need to have the Medallion app downloaded to our phones? Or can just one of us have it with both our info in it?

You can do it from one phone. I have one ID and I see DW info as well as my info. I can enter all her info, Passport etc. Now, if you want to act separately, both have to create an ID and do separate login, but you can use one phone/App.

I sail on 8 Oct.   I will most likely log into the app 60 days prior once my final pmt is made.  I think in the next ten months, the app will have several updates; so why bother messing with it until 60 days prior to my cruise.  All the best to everyone using this app.  I've been on two ocean medallion cruises and both were pretty much perfect using the app.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

if you don't have a travel agent, try requesting help from a PVP (or whatever the new name is). I had a wrong name issue and contacted a PVP and he fixed it.

I have been a bit mystified that using travel agents for these medallion frustrations are so rarely mentioned in this blog.  Is this because most people don't use agents, or is this something that is exclusively to be handled by the passengers?