Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

10 hours ago, Duluth-Cruz said:

Update: I’m in the app now. Yes, it was the same username and password as princess.com!

question: Are we now obligated to use our phones on board? I’ve always enjoyed turning off phone, throwing into safe, and being untethered during the cruise. 

Nope. Turn it off and stick it in the safe if you like.

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2022 at 9:50 AM, Roberto256 said:

They probably told the developers: "make it work like the app"!

I tried the web link on my phone and it did not work but when I tried it on a Windows 10 PC it did work. Seems using the web link on a phone may still be broke. 

God help me!!

I have used the App before, had the green lane blah blah. That cruise was cancelled and I have booked another. Went to the App and wouldn't recognise my password so I reset it. I used the same one that I use to get into the Personalizer/my account etc. Now I can't access the App at all! Does it take some time after you reset it from the email they send?

Or should I just forget it and do all the details for the new cruise on the desktop. The App had all my passport info etc and everything seemed fine until just now.

Thanks for any clues/answers.

22 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

IMWTK: why is is a Money Pit??😉

We started trying to do this family cruise pre covid.  This is the fifth iteration.  Along the way people have been added, cabins have been added and upgraded, transportation and hotels also.  Now excursions are popping up.  Even with FCC from cancelations my wallet continues to take a hit.

It's a reference to the Tom Hanks movie of the same name.  Not a hit against Princess at all - it just kept coming to mind as things progressed.  We even got a door magnet for it.

My fault for coming up with the idea of a family + cruise in the first place.  😀

image.png.8e1817d5c0d9aafff268838a788ae0d1.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Paccruise said:

How do you Log out on the Ocean Med app?  I have over 70 days to do.  I don't want this always running.

Thanks

I don't see any logout option. With all the problems users have experienced, if it is working, I would tend to back away and leave well enough alone.

16 minutes ago, Paccruise said:

How do you Log out on the Ocean Med app?  I have over 70 days to do.  I don't want this always running.

Thanks

Click on the picture in the upper left corner which will bring you to the next page.  There is a “sign out” option at the bottom

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Paccruise said:

Thanks

On the Home page that lists all upcoming cruises (My Journeys) and your next cruise at the very bottom of the menu below Medalllion Net is Sign Out (in red).  On my phone I have to scroll down to see it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Paccruise said:

Thanks

Tap on your picture in the upper left corner and sign out at the bottom of the page.  One of the Ocean Navigators I've been dealing with said they tell everyone to log out unless you're actively using the app otherwise you're leaving yourself open to potential security risks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paccruise said:

Thanks

I wish I had that problem. After using the App for some time, now I can't even log in! If I try to use the Web based check in option I can't log in to that either, yet I successfully log in to my Princess account to get to that stage. Go figure.

I was hoping someone here would have a miracle cure but it looks like I have to call Princess. Hours of my life gone that I will never get back!

A big "Thank You" guys for all the help.  I was able to log out.  Yep my concerns were all the information available and its safety.  That was one of the reasons I did not put my credit card information in it.  I will do that at the last minute.  If I can not input it I will do that at the port.  

I had been avoiding Ocean Med due to all the problems I have been reading about.  This will be my first cruise since Covid.  I had a lot of cruises cancel including a dream trip in 2020.  So I am hoping this one is a go.  I just came back from a trip to Hawaii.  My daughter lives there.  I had no problems with Covid rules and did not get Covid.  

1 hour ago, Paccruise said:

A big "Thank You" guys for all the help.  I was able to log out.  Yep my concerns were all the information available and its safety.  That was one of the reasons I did not put my credit card information in it.  I will do that at the last minute.  If I can not input it I will do that at the port.  

I had been avoiding Ocean Med due to all the problems I have been reading about.  This will be my first cruise since Covid.  I had a lot of cruises cancel including a dream trip in 2020.  So I am hoping this one is a go.  I just came back from a trip to Hawaii.  My daughter lives there.  I had no problems with Covid rules and did not get Covid.  

I am not tech savvy at all and I have had no problems with the app.

16 hours ago, leck57 said:

I wish I had that problem. After using the App for some time, now I can't even log in! If I try to use the Web based check in option I can't log in to that either, yet I successfully log in to my Princess account to get to that stage. Go figure.

I was hoping someone here would have a miracle cure but it looks like I have to call Princess. Hours of my life gone that I will never get back!

I had used the Medallion App on my tablet and was Green Lane.  I just saw the comments about their being a web page so I just went to check it out.  I was not able to log in using my Princess log in data.  But when I used the name, booking # option I was in and everything looked good.  Even though there was a glitch in our flight data it still had a green check and I was able to go in and provide the new data (flights have been changed 3 times already and we have 6 months to go :-)

16 hours ago, leck57 said:

I have the same problem:  the usual princess.com log in did not work on the web based app.  What did work was the second log in option:  first name, last name, booking number, date of birth.  Give that a try.

We are on page 91!  I would not doubt that this has been mentioned, but Im not sure how to search fro an answer.

I have deleted the ap from both my iphone and ipad 3 times each today!  The ap seems to hang up and you can not go forward or back!

Currently, I navigated to step 4 of the check in process to enter my arrival plans.  I have 3 cruises booked, and after I click on the closest one to enter the info, it either turns the screen white, and just stays that way or it 'loads'.  The iphone 'loaded for 3 hours'.  The I pad is now doing the same thing.  I can close the ap, fortunately, but when I open it back, it is still 'loading'.  

Any ideas on alternatives to deleting the ap and going all the way back to the op store and starting over?

Is this a common problem?

I do not believe there is a way to wipe clean the app (unless you do a hard reset) which I don't think you want to do.

By deleting the app, the data will be retrieved when you upload the app again.  I have tried to edit and leave blank sections, but it tells me that I have to replace it with something.

Good Luck.

12 hours ago, f-mattox said:

I have the same problem:  the usual princess.com log in did not work on the web based app.  What did work was the second log in option:  first name, last name, booking number, date of birth.  Give that a try.

Thanks. I had already given that a try. Even when the App was working fine for me, every time I tried the booking number way to log in it never worked yet my email/password always did.

13 hours ago, sirclean said:

We are on page 91!  I would not doubt that this has been mentioned, but Im not sure how to search fro an answer.

I have deleted the ap from both my iphone and ipad 3 times each today!  The ap seems to hang up and you can not go forward or back!

Currently, I navigated to step 4 of the check in process to enter my arrival plans.  I have 3 cruises booked, and after I click on the closest one to enter the info, it either turns the screen white, and just stays that way or it 'loads'.  The iphone 'loaded for 3 hours'.  The I pad is now doing the same thing.  I can close the ap, fortunately, but when I open it back, it is still 'loading'.  

Any ideas on alternatives to deleting the ap and going all the way back to the op store and starting over?

Try the web page version: if it works for you, you'll be able to get into the "green lane". So far, the things it won't do include Dine My Way (not there at all), arrival groups (but I'm not close enough to do that yet).

Two ways to log in (just like the app) - (1) Princess.com log in and (2) using booking #, name, DOB, etc.

It worked on my computer both ways (YAY!), others have trouble with one but the other way works AND for some that doesn't work either. Go figure.

It's worth a shot.

14 hours ago, sirclean said:

Before deleting the app, go into your phone's settings. There should be a section for apps. Go into it, click on the MedallionClass app, and then delete the data and clear the cache. That way, after you get rid of the app and then download it again, your phone will be a blank slate.

But you may find it easier to do all this on the new pc web version of the app. Go into the main page of your booking at princess.com and where it says to download the app there is now also a link so you can do it online.

lost4sure:  See if this works like mine did.  If you passport has under first name like mine.  It has both my first name and middle name.  Every time I enter both it was not valid.  So I deleted middle name and left only first name tried it.  Mine Valid than.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paccruise said:

lost4sure:  See if this works like mine did.  If you passport has under first name like mine.  It has both my first name and middle name.  Every time I enter both it was not valid.  So I deleted middle name and left only first name tried it.  Mine Valid than.  

Hello Paccruise,  

Thanks!  I wanted to delete my middle name to see if it will work.  I didn't dare because it should always match to the name on the passport - the government manifest. Before, covid, I saw a couple was denied boarding because the wife's name did not match to the passport ( he can go but not her).  Needless to say, he didn't board as well. 

7 minutes ago, lost4sure said:

Hello Paccruise,  

Thanks!  I wanted to delete my middle name to see if it will work.  I didn't dare because it should always match to the name on the passport - the government manifest. Before, covid, I saw a couple was denied boarding because the wife's name did not match to the passport ( he can go but not her).  Needless to say, he didn't board as well. 

I can recall fighting with the app over name entry and passport details, but I don't recall the exact fix.  I do see that we now have first-middle-last in the passenger data, and first-last only in the passport entry.  It seems somewhat broken, but par for the course with this app.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, curmudgeon98 said:

I can recall fighting with the app over name entry and passport details, but I don't recall the exact fix.  I do see that we now have first-middle-last in the passenger data, and first-last only in the passport entry.  It seems somewhat broken, but par for the course with this app.  

I was able to scan my passport.  That scan shows my full name (first, middle and last name)as does the passenger data entry.  The passport entry only shows first and last name.  😜

• Like 1

I tried scanning the passport as well with only the front camera option (selfie).  Not possible to scan with glare of the passport picture, I also did take a photocopy of the page to avoid the glare.  I tried placing the passport on table to scan and also the camera on the table to scan the passport.

Also the security picture is an issue.  Took selfie and won't work.  Took picture to gallery and download won't work.

The medallion order to be pick up at terminal and credit card payment works. Go figure!

I did uninstall and install multiple times and turn off and on my android phones as well.