Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

17 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Got frustrated with the app and went on line and physically entered information.  Most of it took except could not add home airport as it didn't recognize it.  Guess I will still need help on that with someone at the Medallion desk.  Does anyone know what hours they operate the call center for the Medallion app?  Thanks in advance for your help.

What do you mean 'Did not recognize it' Did it say, 'Not in home area'? There are a couple of issues, one is a missing address as mentioned, also my TA had entered LAX with the booking, and I had her change to correct airport. Matter of fact I think I eventually had a Princess rep change airport.

8 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

What do you mean 'Did not recognize it' Did it say, 'Not in home area'? There are a couple of issues, one is a missing address as mentioned, also my TA had entered LAX with the booking, and I had her change to correct airport. Matter of fact I think I eventually had a Princess rep change airport.

I entered my home airport (which is on my flight info submitted to Princess) for Sacramento SMF.  The only items showing in the drop down menu began with "A" with no other options --- this is what I meant by not recognizing my airport. 

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

I entered my home airport (which is on my flight info submitted to Princess) for Sacramento SMF.  The only items showing in the drop down menu began with "A" with no other options --- this is what I meant by not recognizing my airport. 

The drop down is incomplete and only shows a limited number of thousands of worldwide airport code.  You need to key in your 3-character airport code.

OK, I was able to enter SMF.As Steeler says, the list is extended when you type airport code.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

OK, I was able to enter SMF.As Steeler says, the list is extended when you type airport code.

"Tedferg & Steeler":  I did everything correct but it was not taking--no extension of airport codes.  Put in a call to Medallion IT like I said (1 hour wait) and the tech was able to link to my home address so SMF would take --- it was a glitch she said on MY Princess profile and that is why it wasn't working --- it might of worked for you but it DID not work for me until Princess tech fixed it.

Also, the tech had to put in a work order to link my new reservation because it wasn't working on my phone --- I could enter information on my desktop but info did not transfer over to my medallion app on my phone only the "green lane" term transferred.  I should be all good once the reservation is linked to my phone (approx 72 hrs.)  Thanks to you both for trying to help, I appreciate it.

• Thanks 1

the tech was able to link to my home address so SMF would take --- it was a glitch she said on MY Princess profile and that is why it wasn't working

Good news! As I said, my TA initially chose the wrong airport for us but now that I think back. Princess CSR did have to fix it.

6 hours ago, Italy52 said:

"Tedferg & Steeler":  I did everything correct but it was not taking--no extension of airport codes.  Put in a call to Medallion IT like I said (1 hour wait) and the tech was able to link to my home address so SMF would take --- it was a glitch she said on MY Princess profile and that is why it wasn't working --- it might of worked for you but it DID not work for me until Princess tech fixed it.

Also, the tech had to put in a work order to link my new reservation because it wasn't working on my phone --- I could enter information on my desktop but info did not transfer over to my medallion app on my phone only the "green lane" term transferred.  I should be all good once the reservation is linked to my phone (approx 72 hrs.)  Thanks to you both for trying to help, I appreciate it.

For some unknown reason, I have the home address problem (at least I suspect so).  My profile is clean, but a new booking is not allowing me to enter in any home emergency airport, but does work for my wife.  As second pax, her page doesn't have the option to "apply to all pax".  Someday, I will call as it doesn't seem to be self-repairing.  Who knows why this would happen out of the blue when recent reservations have caused no such issue?

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

For some unknown reason, I have the home address problem (at least I suspect so).  My profile is clean, but a new booking is not allowing me to enter in any home emergency airport, but does work for my wife.  As second pax, her page doesn't have the option to "apply to all pax".  Someday, I will call as it doesn't seem to be self-repairing.  Who knows why this would happen out of the blue when recent reservations have caused no such issue?

Just don't understand why we still continue to have Medallion problems.  I also have a couple of bookings on RCI and their app works just fine --- at least for me. 

Silly question maybe….

I have the medallion class app and it seems to be working ok for most areas except the part where I can order my Medallion.  Our cruise is not until July so I am not to worried but was wondering if this is a known issue?  I am on a new iPhone that is at the newest iOS version.  I have tried numerous times to order my medallion and I get a blank white page when I click on “choose your medallion wearable”.  I can’t go back… the app just turns pure white and I have to force close it.  Tried Uninstall and Reinstall with no success.  Tried on my iPad and I get the same results.

thoughts?

27 minutes ago, Ricbr said:

I have the medallion class app and it seems to be working ok for most areas except the part where I can order my Medallion.  Our cruise is not until July so I am not to worried but was wondering if this is a known issue?  I am on a new iPhone that is at the newest iOS version.  I have tried numerous times to order my medallion and I get a blank white page when I click on “choose your medallion wearable”.  I can’t go back… the app just turns pure white and I have to force close it.  Tried Uninstall and Reinstall with no success.  Tried on my iPad and I get the same results.

I had a similar problem with the medallion order.  I just did everything else first, then went back a couple of days later and the order section worked. 

Update concerning my issue with linking my new reservation information on my phone:  Princess IT issued a work order yesterday around 3 PM and said to give the system 72 hours to correct itself.  Well, I checked this morning and my correct information is now showing on my phone --- you made me very happy today, Princess.

• Like 1

Can anyone answer this question for me:  If there are errors in my Ocean Medallion profile that I cannot fix, no matter what I do, can Princess fix it at the port?  For example, for "Personal Information" I entered "MALE" -- which is what I am last time I looked (LOL) -- but in the summary section it says "female."  In yet another part of this darned app it says for my gender, "undeclared."  I've tried to correct this countless times but the app will not cooperate.  It's almost to the point where I feel doubtful about ever cruising with Princess again after my upcoming cruise.  And having glanced through a video about this app it seems that Princess can track us on the ship everywhere we go.  I've got nothing to hide in that regard, but it feels kind of creepy, and likens Princess to Facebook in that both seem to try to get every little piece of information about you so they can profit from it. What "convenience" it purports to provide to cruisers I can do without.  sheesh!  

1 hour ago, Scubadoobie2 said:

Can anyone answer this question for me:  If there are errors in my Ocean Medallion profile that I cannot fix, no matter what I do, can Princess fix it at the port?  For example, for "Personal Information" I entered "MALE" -- which is what I am last time I looked (LOL) -- but in the summary section it says "female."  In yet another part of this darned app it says for my gender, "undeclared."  I've tried to correct this countless times but the app will not cooperate.  It's almost to the point where I feel doubtful about ever cruising with Princess again after my upcoming cruise.  And having glanced through a video about this app it seems that Princess can track us on the ship everywhere we go.  I've got nothing to hide in that regard, but it feels kind of creepy, and likens Princess to Facebook in that both seem to try to get every little piece of information about you so they can profit from it. What "convenience" it purports to provide to cruisers I can do without.  sheesh!  

The tracking is for COvid exposure purposes.  Cannot answer the other part of the question.

On 2/19/2022 at 5:30 PM, Steelers36 said:

The drop down is incomplete and only shows a limited number of thousands of worldwide airport code.  You need to key in your 3-character airport code.

I just had a look, and there are more than 9000 IATA airport codes.

This would be a crazy amount of data to put in a dropdown in a mobile app.

Better to just allow entry, and verify the input in the back end.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Scubadoobie2 said:

I'm not sure if they can fix it at the port but definitely go to Guest Services once you're on board and they'll straighten everything out.

I was also leery of the medallion pre cruise but wait until you see how wonderful it is when you're on the ship. You can order food or drinks from anywhere (including your cabin) and they'll be delivered. If you travel with family members you can see where they are on the ship instead of wondering for half a day where they are. And you just walk up to your cabin and the door opens. My husband , who initially was very negative about the medallion , said he never wants to sail without it again!

55 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We sail March 6.  Ours have been in transit for over a week - stuck at USPS in Jamaica, NY.  

Ours were also stuck in Jamaica for what felt like forever and then one day they just showed up .

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, floridababa said:

How long before the cruise should I expect my medallion ?

We (3 couples) sail on March 10th.  We were all notified February 18th that our medallions were expected to be delivered to Jamaica, Queens, NY for delivery by the Postal Service.  Today one couple located in Virginia received their medallions.  The delivery for our medallions was updated to departing Los Angeles today.  The medallions of the third couple, scheduled to be delivered to our home in Florida, are still sitting in Queens according to USPS.

When we sailed on January 2nd it took more than 1 week for the medallions to get to us.  IIRC we received them about 12 days before the cruise.

12 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

We sail March 6.  Ours have been in transit for over a week - stuck at USPS in Jamaica, NY.  

We had a similar situation.  The medallion was listed as being at the USPS in Jamaica before it finally arrived at our house.  Seems their progress report leaves much to be desired.

• Like 1

We currently on the Enchanted and both have late model Samsung cell phones with the latest operating system (updates automatically).  We both have had problems with the app.  Several times the cell phone would not connect to the internal WiFi so down to the internet cafe to have it taken care of.  Now mine works mostly but if I go into the program part to see what is happening on the ship the screen goes black and will not return to the app.  My only solution to get back into the app is to reboot the cell phone.  I have learned to not use that application.  

On the plus side I have been able to order food and drinks to both our stateroom and wherever we are sitting at the time.  One time the waiters were ignoring me so I ordered using the app and it worked.  Server came straight to the table without having to look for me.  

5 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

We had a similar situation.  The medallion was listed as being at the USPS in Jamaica before it finally arrived at our house.  Seems their progress report leaves much to be desired.

This morning the tracking info was updated to show they have arrived at our local USPS for delivery today.  It'll be interesting to see if the packages have been tampered with.  In the past few months we've had several envelopes and a couple of packages violated.  The envelopes all had cards in them.  One of the packages was ripped open and the invoice stuffed back in when the thief saw the book title was their genre.  

3 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

We currently on the Enchanted and both have late model Samsung cell phones with the latest operating system (updates automatically).  We both have had problems with the app.  Several times the cell phone would not connect to the internal WiFi so down to the internet cafe to have it taken care of.  Now mine works mostly but if I go into the program part to see what is happening on the ship the screen goes black and will not return to the app.  My only solution to get back into the app is to reboot the cell phone.  I have learned to not use that application.  

On the plus side I have been able to order food and drinks to both our stateroom and wherever we are sitting at the time.  One time the waiters were ignoring me so I ordered using the app and it worked.  Server came straight to the table without having to look for me.  

The main things we want out of the app are the ability to locate others in our party and to be able to text them.  We used it to find our way around the ship a few months ago on Sky but nothing else.

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

This morning the tracking info was updated to show they have arrived at our local USPS for delivery today.  It'll be interesting to see if the packages have been tampered with.  In the past few months we've had several envelopes and a couple of packages violated.  The envelopes all had cards in them.  One of the packages was ripped open and the invoice stuffed back in when the thief saw the book title was their genre.  

If you have not already, please report this situation to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.    Tampering with mail is a federal crime.

• Like 1