Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

Since I have had no issues with the app for all my upcoming bookings, I wanted to test out the web based version in hopes that if this was the fix for all those that have had issues with the app.  What I experienced was a very good for entering in information and getting through the process with all my bookings.

I thought, finally we have a method for all those that can't seem to get the app to work so we can get on with some real neat conversations about upcoming voyages, port information, great experiences and the like.  Let's hope.

6 hours ago, Grego said:

I wanted to test out the web based version in hopes that if this was the fix for all those that have had issues with the app.  What I experienced was a very good for entering in information and getting through the process with all my bookings.

Where were you able to complete the boarding process and sign up for dining on the web site?  When I try, I am told I must only do that via the app. 

9 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Where were you able to complete the boarding process and sign up for dining on the web site?  When I try, I am told I must only do that via the app. 

DMW is not on the website at this time - just the Personal Information & Documents section of Ocean Ready from the MC App. 

I've made DMW reservations for the same time every day, but it doesn't show up anywhere. I made reservations for the Crown Grill and that does show up.  Does anyone know how I can make sure we have reservations for the dining room? 

17 hours ago, bafinegan said:

I was able to scan my passport.  That scan shows my full name (first, middle and last name)as does the passenger data entry.  The passport entry only shows first and last name.  😜

When they ported our into to the app, they gave me a middle name (I don't have one - so Princess fixed me right up). They gave me DH's middle name 🤣

Tried to remove it from the app...nope.

Tried to remove it from the Personalizer...nope

Contacted PVP - he removed it. YAY!

Then, recently I checked out the new, "improved" web version of the app. It was baaack. At least, it allowed me to remove it. I'll keep an 👁️ on it to make sure it doesn't reappear.

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2022 at 2:05 PM, lost4sure said:

Still having trouble entering my first name on the travel document (passport).  It keeps saying "Your first name must be valid".  I enter just like on my passport, given names.  

Any suggestions!

Grace

I just went through this.  Somehow a space was entered at the end of my first name.  I deleted that and everything worked fine after that.  good luck!!

1 minute ago, Duluth-Cruz said:

I just went through this.  Somehow a space was entered at the end of my first name.  I deleted that and everything worked fine after that.  good luck!!

Now that you mention it, I think that I had a similar issue.  An extra space either in front or after my name. Once eliminated, it worked.

Maybe someone can help me.  I am sailing in March.  Tried to do the check-in on computer, but it's not working.  Tried to download the Medallion class app on my and my husband's iphones, but it say IOS 13 is required to download the app.  Tried to update our iphones.  Got a message that our phones can only be updated to IOS 12.55!!

Stuck.  What do I do now?  Can't check in and don't know if I'll be able to manage on the ship without the app.

Help

1 hour ago, hlperez said:

Maybe someone can help me.  I am sailing in March.  Tried to do the check-in on computer, but it's not working.  Tried to download the Medallion class app on my and my husband's iphones, but it say IOS 13 is required to download the app.  Tried to update our iphones.  Got a message that our phones can only be updated to IOS 12.55!!

Stuck.  What do I do now?  Can't check in and don't know if I'll be able to manage on the ship without the app.

Help

Check-in at the port OR call Princess (after you wait on hold for awhile) others have had success with that OR try the Chat feature on the web-site.

The only thing the app will do for you (that you can't do yourself) while on the ship is to order food/drinks to be delivered to you when you're out & about on the ship. You can still walk up to any bar/food venue and just order it yourself.

Lots of posters have said they'll be leaving the phone in the safe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Check-in at the port OR call Princess (after you wait on hold for awhile) others have had success with that OR try the Chat feature on the web-site.

The only thing the app will do for you (that you can't do yourself) while on the ship is to order food/drinks to be delivered to you when you're out & about on the ship. You can still walk up to any bar/food venue and just order it yourself.

Lots of posters have said they'll be leaving the phone in the safe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hlperez said:

Help

I  agree with jf/retired-rrt…. Don’t worry about the App.  Do what you can online ahead of time on the princess website.  They probably will call you a few days out to help you with the checkin, if you can’t complete it.  If you don’t get a green lane, the port will do it for you.  Only an extra 5-10 mins.

But, the app and the medallion are two separate things.  You don’t have to use the app to order room service, just call from your room.  
Your account, look on your TV or stop by guest relations.

Order a drink…stop at the bars, etc.

It’s just another tool.  

Just make sure you have all your documents at checkin, like passports, vaccination cards, covid test results and maybe make a copy

of your travel summary from the princess website.  You can print that and your luggage tags from the website.

• Like 3

I think things are improving.  My daughter's booking on the same cruise as we're on looks good now.  I believe that our issue is data-related and not an app problem.  Princess has one of their head geeks working that angle now. 

1 hour ago, Don9992 said:

I think things are improving.  My daughter's booking on the same cruise as we're on looks good now.  I believe that our issue is data-related and not an app problem.  Princess has one of their head geeks working that angle now. 

I think/suspect most of their problems have been data-related.  I don't know why they still have data issues after all this time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I think/suspect most of their problems have been data-related.  I don't know why they still have data issues after all this time.

Perhaps needles in haystacks, have to find and fix each one, one at a time. Perhaps errors introduced in mass data conversion from Personalizer to App storage systems.

However, my recent experience when it said my emergency airport was not in my home area. The problem was that address field was empty, a better error description would have led me to a solution more quickly.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Perhaps needles in haystacks, have to find and fix each one, one at a time. Perhaps errors introduced in mass data conversion from Personalizer to App storage systems.

However, my recent experience when it said my emergency airport was not in my home area. The problem was that address field was empty, a better error description would have led me to a solution more quickly.

Like Microsoft's "unexpected error" message. Wow, really?  The error was unexpected? Useless messages.

• Like 1

Here's a really good one.  I received an email that Princess cancelled an order for a medallion.  Worried that it was for my upcoming cruise, I contacted Live Chat.  Half way through (and checking Medallion Class App) I think I figured out that it might have been for a cruise I just cancelled.  I wanted to verify that I still had a Medallion on order for a very soon to be cruise:

Agent checked...order is fine for next cruise.  So I asked other questions since I had a live person on the other end.

Me:  I understand the battery doesn't last forever. What will happen on a b2b
Raymond 1:55:58 PM
Your medallion is only good for one voyage.
Raymond 1:56:13 PM
So if you have a b2b cruise, you also need to order medallions for the second cruise,
Me 1:56:50 PM
Do I have a medallion on order for the second one? How do I receive it if I am on the boat?
Me 1:57:52 PM
And if they send me two at one time, doesn't that defeat the battery issue?
You are not going to use the other medallion until the start of the second cruise, so barttery will not run out. Raymond
I gave up....