Diamond Drink Vouchers

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Or just pay the $2 and save your vouchers for 

Thanks for your advice.  I have enough sense not to use a 13.00 drink voucher for water.  I was only asking a question.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Cut back, how so. FWIW, you were never entitled to take water out of the lounge. 

We and many others took bottles of water from the DL. Just like you were never allowed to go out of the DL with a Drink. The DL Host even brought the water to those who just came in for water and stood by the door.

• Like 2

I really can't fathom how anyone can  think that the drink voucher system is NOT an enhancement even if you have to pay a couple of bucks for water or get the water package .  Must be the really heavy drinkers that don't like it.🍹 Cheers

I hope it ends up being permanent

Edited by molly361
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I really can't fathom how anyone can  think that the drink voucher system is NOT an enhancement even if you have to pay a couple of bucks for water or get the water package .  Must be the really heavy drinkers that don't like it.🍹 Cheers

I wish I could find the previous voucher tread where it really got heated. FYI - we and others are not heavy drinkers. You always have pros and cons on any change. We are in favor of the vouchers.  However, others may not be.

Open forum - discussion.

Spend your vouchers as you like. 

Water $2 Drink $13. What's your choice?

• Like 2

Help me on this. I get the beverage package. As a diamond member, how do these drinks benefit me?

Just a thought, you buy a  beverage package and you are diamond these drinks should discount the beverage package. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Maybe heavy water drinkers!

Edited by crusinpeg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Oxo said:

We and many others took bottles of water from the DL. Just like you were never allowed to go out of the DL with a Drink. The DL Host even brought the water to those who just came in for water and stood by the door.

I agree with John that it is a no, no. But, we have both always got a bottle of water to go. We always do early MTD so we drop in the DL when the C&A HH first starts have two drinks each, some cheese and are gone by 5:45. Once the DL severs get to know us the server would bring us each a bottle of water (without asking) with our last drink. Now don't tell anyone. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I was actually going to edit my post to add heavy water bottle hoarders😇

"Hoarders"  really?! Maybe I'm nieve but are people that spend thousands on cruises really going to hoard water?

1 minute ago, crusinpeg said:

"Hoarders"  really?! Maybe I'm nieve but are people that spend thousands on cruises really going to hoard water?

We always like to have a few bottles stashed in the cabin cooler for the next day for when we are in port. 😇

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I agree with John that it is a no, no. But, we have both always got a bottle of water to go. We always do early MTD so we drop in the DL when the C&A HH first starts have two drinks each, some cheese and are gone by 5:45. Once the DL severs get to know us the server would bring us each a bottle of water (without asking) with our last drink. Now don't tell anyone. 

We won't tell. Just ensure we keep this to ourselves. 

HAPPY CRUISING!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Oxo said:

But it was never an official policy

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, SlightDraw said:

Help me on this. I get the beverage package. As a diamond member, how do these drinks benefit me?

Just a thought, you buy a  beverage package and you are diamond these drinks should discount the beverage package. 

There is always a discount once onboard, it just isn't cheaper than purchasing it in planner. Not even with 40% pin discount

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

Our experience is that the attendant keeps bottles of water on hand in the suite.  We usually have 4 or 6 bottles on hand.  If it runs low we either ask, or just grab some in the lounge.  We used to also grab them at bars.  I don't think I was ever charged.  Of course, all of this is pre-covid.

When I would think about it, which was not often enough, I would ask bartender in SL for a bottle or two before we left.  But I always added a couple of bucks tip for them.   

• Like 1

Just now, island lady said:

When I would think about it, which was not often enough, I would ask bartender in SL for a bottle or two before we left.  But I always added a couple of bucks tip for them.   

If you think about it, that's kinda pricey water.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

If you think about it, that's kinda pricey water.

Yes, Costco sell 40 bottles for $3. But I could not find Costco on any ship.

Can't win them all. 

• Haha 3