Diamond Drink Vouchers

3 hours ago, seabeew said:

The Diamond Lounge on  the Adventure of the Seas sailing out of Nassau had the usual appetizers. They were served by an attendant. The coffee machine was also staffed. 

thank goodness the coffee machine is still there…… although I may not get it the same way I used to make it for myself.

Espresso/cappuccino/ expresso/foamed milk on top.

• Thanks 1

I searched and didn’t see this. The Diamond Lounge coffee machine that RCI is now serving from…are they requiring the vouchers for those coffees now? Anyone who has recently sailed know? 

Asking because I would get the coffee card, if so. Gotta save those vouchers for more expensive drinks. 😁

Thanks! 

• Like 1

We are coming upon Diamond too, end of November. Are the vouchers good for the fresh orange juice in the Windjammer (not the free stuff, but the good stuff)? I’ll drink alcohol some days but not every day, and it would be nice to get the quality orange juice too.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not if you are thirsty and appreciate your bartender who treats you right .....where it actually counts.  😉 

thats exactly now we feel. We’ve always treated the bartenders and servers very well.  They deserve it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

I searched and didn’t see this. The Diamond Lounge coffee machine that RCI is now serving from…are they requiring the vouchers for those coffees now? Anyone who has recently sailed know? 

Asking because I would get the coffee card, if so. Gotta save those vouchers for more expensive drinks. 😁

Thanks! 

Vouchers are not needed for coffee in the Diamond Lounge on Adventure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This was posted 6/28 on RCCL C&A update .

Enhanced Benefits

We’re excited to now offer our Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members additional beverage vouchers for drinks up to $13. Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six vouchers. These can be used at any bar, at any time, in the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour or in our private destinations. Consider it happy hour all day long!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Oxo said:

You would think RCI employees and clients would NEVER go against Official Policy. 

And C&A members would never complain if Royal enforced the official rules

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, seabeew said:

Vouchers are not needed for coffee in the Diamond Lounge on Adventure.

Appreciate it! 🙂 Only time I frequent the Diamond Lounge is to read and have a couple morning coffees. Such a nice quiet place to enjoy as I ‘wake up’. 

3 hours ago, crusinpeg said:
3 hours ago, SlightDraw said:

Help me on this. I get the beverage package. As a diamond member, how do these drinks benefit me?

Just a thought, you buy a  beverage package and you are diamond these drinks should discount the beverage package. 

It might not benefit you.  But for lighter drinkers there will be no need to purchase the package.  Most days I can't see myself going over the allotment but even if I did by one (or two) it would be cheaper to just pay for them than buy a package.  Saves me quite a bit

I made Diamond on my recent cruise so this is all new to me. Can anyone tell me how the vouchers work on the seapass card? Do you tell your bartender when you want to use a voucher? Let's say I want that lovely fresh-squeezed OJ in the morning but I want to pay for that because it will be less than the 4 alcohol drinks I will have later in the day, should I point out that I don't want to use a voucher? How about tipping? I can picture it being easy to take care of your servers within the Diamond Lounge, but is there a gratuity charge built into the vouchers? Will that $13 dollar drink be charged as $2.40 or should we have singles to tip with?

Is the coffee available in the Diamond Lounge all day or just the morning? I usually get either the coffee card or the refreshment package but the vouchers sound great to me. 

21 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I made Diamond on my recent cruise so this is all new to me. Can anyone tell me how the vouchers work on the seapass card? Do you tell your bartender when you want to use a voucher? Let's say I want that lovely fresh-squeezed OJ in the morning but I want to pay for that because it will be less than the 4 alcohol drinks I will have later in the day, should I point out that I don't want to use a voucher? How about tipping? I can picture it being easy to take care of your servers within the Diamond Lounge, but is there a gratuity charge built into the vouchers? Will that $13 dollar drink be charged as $2.40 or should we have singles to tip with?

Is the coffee available in the Diamond Lounge all day or just the morning? I usually get either the coffee card or the refreshment package but the vouchers sound great to me. 

Yes you can tell your server not to use a voucher for whatever you want to pay for

No tips are added cash is always welcome.  Not sure  if they give you a zero slip to sign where you can add a tip

So far coffee is being served in the lounge starting a 7am  don't recall the cutoff time.  Not self serve

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

thats exactly now we feel. We’ve always treated the bartenders and servers very well.  They deserve it. 

Exactly.  You are already spending thousands on the cruise...no problem bringing on a couple of banded packs of dollar bills to spread around.  😉 

• Like 2

On 7/4/2021 at 10:09 AM, read2learn said:

These can be used at any bar, at any time, in the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour or in our private destinations. Consider it happy hour all day long!

does this mean on CoCo Cay and Labadee?

11 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Take your own. 

You are allowed to take on a dozen (not a full case) of standard 17 ounce water or soda at embarkation.  I go through that much bottled water in less than 3 days...run out in the middle of a one week cruise.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Might be earlier this thread, but I read no the free vouchers cant be used on coco cay.

thats what i thought but reading the new C&A release it mentions private destinations

23 hours ago, island lady said:

Exactly.  You are already spending thousands on the cruise...no problem bringing on a couple of banded packs of dollar bills to spread around.  😉 

whenever I get dollar bills as change it goes into my cruise tip pouch. I know I could just get change there, but it gives me something to look forward to…… 

• Like 2

Another new to diamond question...Do the vouchers carry over to the next day, or do I need to use all 4 in one day? It would be nice if I have one or 2 from a port day to carry over to a sea day. ☺️

3 minutes ago, papajak said:

Another new to diamond question...Do the vouchers carry over to the next day, or do I need to use all 4 in one day? It would be nice if I have one or 2 from a port day to carry over to a sea day. ☺️

They will not carry over, as renee said use them or lose them. No stacking. 

23 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

This has been hit or miss for us. Sometimes they give you a receipt with no balance, sometimes they give you nothing but the drink. I carry singles with me for this reason. If I get a receipt, I can add a couple bucks to the bill. If I don't get a receipt, I can leave a couple singles on the bar.

49 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

This has been hit or miss for us. Sometimes they give you a receipt with no balance, sometimes they give you nothing but the drink. I carry singles with me for this reason. If I get a receipt, I can add a couple bucks to the bill. If I don't get a receipt, I can leave a couple singles on the bar.

I don't wait for the receipt:  I give them the tip wrapped around my card when I order the drink and tell them to use the D+ voucher for it. 

Also, I said this on another thread discussing the new policy for C&A drink vouchers:  what's not to like?  I now have 5 drinks of any kind I want under $13 spread over 24 hours (or midnight, not sure).  I like sparkling water during the day, and I like a few manhattans in the evening, and I like a glass of Prosecco with dinner.  It's all win-win to me.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1