Diamond Drink Vouchers

We are new to Diamond level and taking our first cruise as such.  I'm reading now that instead of 3 drinks posted on your card, that there are vouchers to be used on "any" bar.  Does this apply to ordering wine in the MDR?   Also what about specialty coffees?  Can you use the vouchers for that?  We are debating ordering one drink package for him and a refreshment package for me as I don't drink very much.   Any info would be appreciated.

Sue

2 minutes ago, shofer said:

We are new to Diamond level and taking our first cruise as such.  I'm reading now that instead of 3 drinks posted on your card, that there are vouchers to be used on "any" bar.  Does this apply to ordering wine in the MDR?   Also what about specialty coffees?  Can you use the vouchers for that?  We are debating ordering one drink package for him and a refreshment package for me as I don't drink very much.   Any info would be appreciated.

Sue

There are no physical vouchers, they are added to your sea pass card. Hit and miss in MDR, but we have never not been able to get a drink in the MDR or show rooms on any ship over the last few years. 

13 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

There are no physical vouchers, they are added to your sea pass card. Hit and miss in MDR, but we have never not been able to get a drink in the MDR or show rooms on any ship over the last few years. 

I guess each ship is different because we have no issue with either the MDR or shows with the card.

• Like 2

Pre-Covid We were able to get a drink in the MDR, if we were there before 7:30, even tho Happy Hour was til 8/8:30. 
I know on a few ships the DL Cappuccino Maker wasn't working properly and we received a letter in our stateroom that they added 1 specialty coffee on our SeaPass per day. 
Post-Covid it is anyone's guess right now. I would wait until there have been a few cruises from the US to get an idea of what might become the new norm

If you are looking at the prices of the Deluxe/Refreshment Package and it is a good price now, book it. You can always cancel it or cancel it and repurchase it if the price goes down. 

27 minutes ago, shofer said:We are debating ordering one drink package for him and a refreshment package for me as I don't drink very much.   Any info would be appreciated.

Sue

It may of changed post covid, but I believe if one person in the stateroom has a drink package everyone over 21 must also have the drink package to avoid sharing one package for multiple people. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tyro1 said:

It may of changed post covid, but I believe if one person in the stateroom has a drink package everyone over 21 must also have the drink package to avoid sharing one package for multiple people. 

If you call they will allow the second person to purchase the refreshment package.  It has been like this for a couple of years at least

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, shofer said:

Sue

Since you don't drink much  why not just get the refreshment package for yourself and let your hubby use your vouchers.  each D member will get 4 per day.  even buying a couple extra drinks will be a lot cheaper than the delux package

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I guess each ship is different because we have no issue with either the MDR or shows with the card.

I guess I don't talk to good, I should not of said never not. I am from the South, South California. Like you we have never been refused a drink in MDR or the show rooms. happy cruising 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Since you don't drink much  why not just get the refreshment package for yourself and let your hubby use your vouchers.  each D member will get 4 per day.  even buying a couple extra drinks will be a lot cheaper than the delux package

I'm glad you picked up where Bob left off 😄
You always have the right answer 

My brain doesn't work the same as it did pre-stroke... Altho, I am not sure how well it worked back then either. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

I guess I don't talk to good, I should not of said never not. I am from the South, South California. Like you we have never been refused a drink in MDR or the show rooms. happy cruising 

i

I think I read it wrong……enjoy!

22 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

I guess I don't talk to good, I should not of said never not. I am from the South, South California. 

I never considered southern California as being from the South🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

I never considered southern California as being from the South🤔

Me either... I grew up in SoCal and spent most of my adult life there! Never once did I think of myself from the south. 
Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I am not saying there is anything wrong with being from the south! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Same here-for the past few years. The only place they couldn’t be used was the robot bar. 

m

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Thanks that sounds great. Since we don't drink alcohol will they work for soda, coffee, juice?  

FYI, I am pretty they are only good during happy "hour" 5 to 8/8:30.

15 minutes ago, OSUZorba said:

Seriously? Is that new?

Yep. It has been posted on CC that the DL will not be doing the evening C&A HH and instead D will get 4 drinks, D+ will get 5 drinks and P will get 6 drinks loaded on the Seapass card daily to have anytime and anywhere.