Diamond Drink Vouchers

2 hours ago, jonbgd said:

does this mean on CoCo Cay and Labadee?

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Might be earlier this thread, but I read no the free vouchers cant be used on coco cay.

Yes the vouchers can be used at CocoCay and Labadee.  There was confusion on the first sailing but that has been rectified

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

You are allowed to take on a dozen (not a full case) of standard 17 ounce water or soda at embarkation.  I go through that much bottled water in less than 3 days...run out in the middle of a one week cruise.  

I have never had a problem taking a case . 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

This has been hit or miss for us. Sometimes they give you a receipt with no balance, sometimes they give you nothing but the drink. I carry singles with me for this reason. If I get a receipt, I can add a couple bucks to the bill. If I don't get a receipt, I can leave a couple singles on the bar.

Same with me.  Seems hit and miss if they give a "zero" receipt.  I finally gave up and simply carry ones around with me to tip in cash in all instances.  They brighten up immediately, as they do appreciate it.  Too many simply don't tip at all with the drink packages and vouchers.  😞 

17 hours ago, TheMiz said:

You were lucky.  I have seen them refused.  It is still a rule to take on just the allowed 12 bottles.  I am a guest on their ship...I follow their house rules.  

It wasn't that long ago that RCI finally let us take the water on at all...I don't want to see that go away.  

Edited by island lady

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

You were lucky.  I have seen them refused.  It is still a rule to take on just the allowed 12 bottles.  I am a guest on their ship...I follow their house rules.  

It wasn't that long ago that RCI finally let us take the water on at all...I don't want to see that go away.  

I was talking about water.  

11 minutes ago, mdnewcruiser said:

Do children and teens get drink vouchers if they have diamond plus status? My kids enjoy mocktails and soda.

6 minutes ago, MomtoCCC said:

I'd like to know this as well.  

No

23 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

whenever I get dollar bills as change it goes into my cruise tip pouch. I know I could just get change there, but it gives me something to look forward to…… 

I do exactly the same. I’ve got envelopes full of singles now. I haven’t counted but I figure there’s at least $200 worth there now. I’m set for my next couple of cruises. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Pat your post is spot on and for sharing info for those requesting how to bring water on, on embarkation day.  👍Not how to get away with smuggling more. Thanks. 

19 hours ago, TheMiz said:

Give an inch, take a mile. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheMiz said:

I was talking about water.  

So was I.   Where in my post, that you quoted me on. was I not talking about water???  🤨

In the past RCI would not let us take on bottled water at all.  I don't want to see that allowance of the 12 bottles of water go away.  I enjoy taking on my 12 bottles of Dasani on during embarkation day.  So I follow their  rules of allowances and appreciate it.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Pat your post is spot on and for sharing info for those requesting how to bring water on, on embarkation day.  👍Not how to get away with smuggling more. Thanks. 

Give an inch, take a mile. 🙄

Thanks.  And agree with both points.  🙂 

46 minutes ago, crosby99 said:

Have the drinks vouchers been confirmed now for all cruises or is it just Adventure?

Trying to decide whether it is worth cancelling our drinks package on Anthem next week

Confirmation  received for my Freedom  cruise in July.

1 hour ago, crosby99 said:

Have the drinks vouchers been confirmed now for all cruises or is it just Adventure?

Trying to decide whether it is worth cancelling our drinks package on Anthem next week

I have an Oasis cruise booked in November which will be our first diamond voyage. I too will cancel my drink package if it’s still a practice. I guess I’ll wait till it gets closer to the cruise before I do any cancelations. 

This is a great thread. Thanks for the info.

bon Voyage to all

djp

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Any idea what the diamond and diamond plus benefits for under 18s are?

I seem to recall a discount at the arcade and maybe some other minor things. They are mostly the same for all levels. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dpal2208 said:

I have an Oasis cruise booked in November which will be our first diamond voyage. I too will cancel my drink package if it’s still a practice. I guess I’ll wait till it gets closer to the cruise before I do any cancelations.

I'd wait till the last minute, especially if you got a good price. i like the new policy but who know how long this will last.  if it stays, i would see them converting Diamond lounges to other use space.

4 hours ago, crosby99 said:

You can cancel a drink package even if you started to use it ,they just charge you for the drinks you bought .so you could wait till on board. Money will be refunded to your as obc 😇 The cut  off for the cruise planner is two days before sailing. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 1:09 PM, read2learn said:

This was posted 6/28 on RCCL C&A update .

Enhanced Benefits

We’re excited to now offer our Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members additional beverage vouchers for drinks up to $13. Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six vouchers. These can be used at any bar, at any time, in the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour or in our private destinations. Consider it happy hour all day long!

Diamond lounge is now first come first serve - limited capacity and you must use your vouchers during happy hours. So the only reason to go to the DL is for finger food. 

• Like 1

Two questions that I do not recall being asked and answered:

1. Do the vouchers work the same way as the drink package in that if your drink is over $13 do you pay the difference plus gratuity or do you have to pay full price and not use the voucher?

2.  Has an updated, 2021, drink price list been posted?  I have ones from pre-COVID sailings but cannot recall seeing prices for 2021. 

Thank you in advance for your responses.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:35 PM, crosby99 said:

Yes the 4-5-6 voucher policy is in force on Anthem. Because it’s 🇬🇧 sailing the value of drinks allowed is up to $14

ps: don’t waste them on water lol! 

• Thanks 1