Live Edge Review - July 3-10, 2021

elf426

Disembarkation info - as I’ve mentioned we did self-assist, which queued in Eden. It was well staffed this morning which allowed everyone to just line up their bags and take a seat in the lounge. Beats standing in a stairwell. 

0F93776B-D98C-4FA4-97FF-8428874E0777.jpeg

ACE3C2B1-905E-4852-A214-74A166F803B6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Just now, Susanb10567 said:

Is there a big difference? I didn’t get a chance to look at both

Big? No I don't think so.

But I thought everything would be the same & it definitely isn't!

DH & friends will be interested in slightly different things than DM (doubt she wants to do the putting competition, but you never know!). We like to be busy but DM may be looking for more chill time on this cruise. I'm good either way!

10 hours ago, OtherFigment said:

The woman on the last cover looks like she's happy because she's plotting to throw the guy overboard. Just sayin.

Hello, "OtherFigment."

Please pardon our ignorance, but could you (or someone else) explain what is meant by the last two words of the quoted post, above: "Just sayin" ?

We are not familiar with that expression, so ... it would be helpful to us if someone could paraphrase it -- that is, express the same thought, but in other words, taking into consideration the context (the reference to the woman in the photograph and what she is doing).

Thank you!

@elf426 Thank you so much for this review! This is probably the first "live" I have ever read all the way through! I have cruise several times but July 24th will be my first time on Celebrity and I am beyond excited! 

Just a couple questions:

1. Cafe al Baccio - are the specialty coffees "free" I have the "Always Included" drinks and wifi and I am hoping to get some good coffee every day. I love a latte just like you!

2. The Solarium - is that part of the spa or can anyone enjoy it without a fee?

3. How many people would you say are on the ship? 50% capacity? Less? Did you have trouble ever finding a chair by the pool? Long lines at the buffet?

4. If I have a 3pm arrival time to embark but get there early, is that ok?

Again, that you for this informative review for a Celebrity first timer like me! 

2 hours ago, jg51 said:

Hello, "OtherFigment."

Please pardon our ignorance, but could you (or someone else) explain what is meant by the last two words of the quoted post, above: "Just sayin" ?

We are not familiar with that expression, so ... it would be helpful to us if someone could paraphrase it -- that is, express the same thought, but in other words, taking into consideration the context (the reference to the woman in the photograph and what she is doing).

Thank you!

Urban dictionary.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=just sayin'

Just now, TheTruth79 said:

@elf426 Thank you so much for this review! This is probably the first "live" I have ever read all the way through! I have cruise several times but July 24th will be my first time on Celebrity and I am beyond excited! 

Just a couple questions:

1. Cafe al Baccio - are the specialty coffees "free" I have the "Always Included" drinks and wifi and I am hoping to get some good coffee every day. I love a latte just like you!

2. The Solarium - is that part of the spa or can anyone enjoy it without a fee?

3. How many people would you say are on the ship? 50% capacity? Less? Did you have trouble ever finding a chair by the pool? Long lines at the buffet?

4. If I have a 3pm arrival time to embark but get there early, is that ok?

Again, that you for this informative review for a Celebrity first timer like me! 

I

1.  Any drink at Cafe al Baccio that is $9.00 or less (and that is all but a few), are covered by the Classic Beverage Package, which is what is in the AI.  Any over that limit, you would be charged only the difference plus 20% gratuity on the difference.

2.  The Solarium is for ALL guests

3.  Can only be answered by someone who is or has been on one of these first cruises 

4.  It is reported by passengers on Celebrity cruises thus far, that with the exception of suite passengers, check-in times are being followed.  Suite passengers have a dedicated check-in line.

Enjoy your first Celebrity cruise!

19 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

I

1.  Any drink at Cafe al Baccio that is $9.00 or less (and that is all but a few), are covered by the Classic Beverage Package, which is what is in the AI.  Any over that limit, you would be charged only the difference plus 20% gratuity on the difference.

2.  The Solarium is for ALL guests

3.  Can only be answered by someone who is or has been on one of these first cruises 

4.  It is reported by passengers on Celebrity cruises thus far, that with the exception of suite passengers, check-in times are being followed.  Suite passengers have a dedicated check-in line.

Enjoy your first Celebrity cruise!

To clarify #2, the solarium is for all guests over the age of 16. On our sailing it was a quiet, peaceful nugget of space on board. The loungers are padded, each chair has a pillow, servers will bring you frosty drinks…ahhhhhhhhh take me back!

#3 I can’t say the exact percentage but there were always loungers available and the only time I noticed lines in the buffet where the pizza place bc they couldn’t crank them out fast enough and whenever there wasn’t a server available at a station (which wasn’t that often, but was noticeable). Obviously there will be waits at the omelette station at peak times, just be aware of that going in a don’t let it sour your mood.

Thanks for all the great info!  Really enjoyed reading your review!

I’m curious about the chic nights.  Did most passengers ignore it or did they dress up more?  Our experience is that it is mostly ignored in the Caribbean but we have not sailed there in many years.  We sail next Saturday and all your info has been very helpful even though we have sailed the Edge once before.  

6 minutes ago, OtherFigment said:

Thanks, TeeRick! Pretty much sums it up, although I'm old and use it like almost like "imo", but with more of a humor slant. Apparently I need to rethink my humor!

I used to hear this from my kids.  It took me a long time to realize they were not complimenting me!😀

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Thanks for all the great info!  Really enjoyed reading your review!

I’m curious about the chic nights.  Did most passengers ignore it or did they dress up more?  Our experience is that it is mostly ignored in the Caribbean but we have not sailed there in many years.  We sail next Saturday and all your info has been very helpful even though we have sailed the Edge once before.  

I saw one tux. The second formal night a guy came in wearing shorts and a T-shirt (gasp! Record scratch! Heads turn!). I joked to my husband that food would never taste the same again and my cruise was ruined. I wore a cocktail dress both nights and my husband wore slacks and a button down shirt (no tie or jacket). In comparison, other nights I wore black pants and a “nicer” top (what is that even) or a cotton dress. 

2 minutes ago, 39august said:

Elf thanks so much for taking your time to post all this information. Are there still live orchids or other flowers in the public ladies' restrooms?  I so love that touch of class. 

Truthfully I have no idea. While I didn’t notice them (and they could have been there) I thought the projected lights/flowers in the sink were pretty. Also, if I’m the only one that noticed them, I do NOT have any drugs to recommend hahahaha. My husband says he doesn’t remember any sink-light-flowers in the men’s rooms. So I might be hallucinating. Yay!

13 minutes ago, elf426 said:

I saw one tux. The second formal night a guy came in wearing shorts and a T-shirt (gasp! Record scratch! Heads turn!). I joked to my husband that food would never taste the same again and my cruise was ruined. I wore a cocktail dress both nights and my husband wore slacks and a button down shirt (no tie or jacket). In comparison, other nights I wore black pants and a “nicer” top (what is that even) or a cotton dress. 

Everyone dressed very casual It was looking like a rccl cruise, shorts and T-shirt, I had a sports jacket first formal ( celebrity doesn’t call them formal anymore) , skipped it for second. 

11 minutes ago, elf426 said:

Truthfully I have no idea. While I didn’t notice them (and they could have been there) I thought the projected lights/flowers in the sink were pretty. Also, if I’m the only one that noticed them, I do NOT have any drugs to recommend hahahaha. My husband says he doesn’t remember any sink-light-flowers in the men’s rooms. So I might be hallucinating. Yay!

I forgot about those. You weren't hallucinating; I remember them now.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jg51 said:

Hello, "OtherFigment."

Thank you!

You owe me a beer!  Just sayin'

image.thumb.png.881dc0dd8acc859f3ef7b0e8a24ff488.png