PRINCESS PROMISE 1

casofilia

We have just received the latest edition of the  PRINCESS CIRCLE magazine.

On page 2 there is a piece with the title PRINCESS PROMISE with a 1 for a note.

It says  "If you're not satisfied with our onboard service, we'll make it right."

On page 3 there is the same title and a longer description again with a 1 for a note.

The note 1 at the bottom has :-

"Princess Promise only applies to cruises departing up to 31 December 2021"

Does this mean that if you are travelling on a cruise in 2022 and anything goes wrong Princess will no longer "make it right"?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

@caribill

Here is the whole piece on P3.   Nothing about Covid.

image.png.6a5755c7483295a78033af1180b56e8a.png

Thanks for posting. Gives more detail. Sounds like they really want to assure their passengers who are some of the first to resume cruising that they will make it worth it. 
no idea what happens after this 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, casofilia said:

@caribill

Here is the whole piece on P3.   Nothing about Covid.

image.png.6a5755c7483295a78033af1180b56e8a.png

Thank you for posting the whole thing.

That is really funny.

If you have a problem on new year's eve, you better skip the celebrations, and race to the purser's desk

to get it resolved before the deadline.

And, in my mind I imagine on 01-January-2022 a lot of surly crew no longer holding back.

🙂

• Haha 1

Hasn't the Princess Promise been on the website for quite a while under the Cruise with Confidence Policy? I have no problem with Princess making a dated statement on their commitment to fixing onboard problems. I think people on CC have too much time on their hands.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/princess-promise/

Edited by billco
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, billco said:

Hasn't the Princess Promise been on the website for quite a while under the Cruise with Confidence Policy? I have no problem with Princess making a dated statement on their commitment to fixing onboard problems. I think people on CC have too much time on their hands.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/princess-promise/

pretty sure I had seen that somewhere before ... nothing new

• Like 2

IMO, it's an extra level of marketing assurance for the Return to Sea period and sailing under certain pandemic restrictions.  Obviously, they expect 2022 to be different.

I do agree that it looks pretty lame in a summary extract in the Circle publication.  As far as I am concerned, the basics of the Promise have always been there with Princess.  A responsive crew who try to resolve a situation in the fairest and best way possible.

54 minutes ago, Magellan321 said:

Oh lord from the amount of 😪 going on the FB pages.... don't let them see this! We will never be able to get thru the line at passenger service of complainers.

Thank goodness for Crew Call ... if it's operational.

Thanks for the humor!  I do note the qualifier “when they can”.  In years past one of the complaints on the ship was that if something was wrong the standard answer from crew at the desk was “we have to contact the office and we’ll get back to you when we have an answer” (a couple of days at least).  No response often on a 7 day cruise.  Looks as if Princess is trying to be more responsive.

1 hour ago, roamerfromtexas said:

Thanks for the humor!  I do note the qualifier “when they can”.  In years past one of the complaints on the ship was that if something was wrong the standard answer from crew at the desk was “we have to contact the office and we’ll get back to you when we have an answer” (a couple of days at least).  No response often on a 7 day cruise.  Looks as if Princess is trying to be more responsive.

I had that "we'll get back to you response" once on an OBC issue. They did get back to me and found in my favor. It was on a 7 day cruise. Actually it was from the second person I contacted at the purser's desk. The first just said no.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magellan321 said:

Oh lord from the amount of 😪 going on the FB pages.... don't let them see this! We will never be able to get thru the line at passenger service of complainers.

I totally agree.  When I was in high school (many many years ago) the grocery store I worked at started a similar satisfaction guarantee for the meat department with double your money back if not satisfied.  It was an absolute nightmare with people returning steaks that were fully cooked and 3/4 eaten claiming they were not satisfied.  That guarantee did not last two weeks with hundreds of pounds of perfectly good meat thrown in the garbage.

If Princess makes this guarantee permanent you can expect them to lose a ton of money with passengers complaining about not being satisfied with everything from speciality dining to mixed drinks seeking a refund. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I totally agree.  When I was in high school (many many years ago) the grocery store I worked at started a similar satisfaction guarantee for the meat department with double your money back if not satisfied.  It was an absolute nightmare with people returning steaks that were fully cooked and 3/4 eaten claiming they were not satisfied.  That guarantee did not last two weeks with hundreds of pounds of perfectly good meat thrown in the garbage.

If Princess makes this guarantee permanent you can expect them to lose a ton of money with passengers complaining about not being satisfied with everything from speciality dining to mixed drinks seeking a refund. 

Exactly! When Walmart offered it... nightmare!