Does anyone read the question posted?

kicia

This is regarding the question I posted about getting a refund for a fully paid cruise.

People gave lots of answers but not to my question.

Specifically, for anyone who had a July or August cruise, paid in full, and cancelled, did you get a refund or a FCC?

My cruises are in September, October and November and we don't know the protocols for those yet.  If they require vaccines, we will have to cancel. The only people that can actually answer this are those who had July and August cruises that were fully paid and cancelled by the guest.  Several Carnival employees have told  me that  the cancellation policy has not been changed by COVID.

Thank you!

John Heald said this morning if you have an upcoming cruise but cannot due to the vaccination policy, you should reschedule or talk to them about a refund. But also the protocols are not yet posted for future months. But maNy people have stated for the remainder of this year the vaccination policy is likely to be in place. (I suspect it will be in place for the next year also for adults.) 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

34 minutes ago, kicia said:

This is regarding the question I posted about getting a refund for a fully paid cruise.

People gave lots of answers but not to my question.

That happens a lot - small detours on the way to your answer. Have patience !

Tom

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That happens a lot - small detours on the way to your answer. Have patience !

Tom

Now you did it.  Oh wait - now I did it too...  

To OP - call Carnival, if anyone knows the answer to your question it will be them - and a lot of people will answer your questions incorrectly here.  Good luck.  Welcome to 'Thread Hijackers Anonymous'.  It's what we do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I don't know for certain, but from reading, my understanding is that if you cancel, you are faced with the normal cancelation policies. If Carnival does not approve exemption for unvaxxed, they will refund or give FCC (I think it is the customer's choice). Because cruising is a fluid situation for the next many weeks, what is valid today is different or changed tomorrow. 

Okay, so this is also not the answer you are looking for either, but it is getting closer. 

I have 4 cabins booked for Sept out of Galveston. At least one of my cabins will not have anyone vaccinated (ages 15 - 45) and they will not vaccinate. This room is 75% paid so not PIF. Carnival let us move final payment out to July 21.

I spoke with someone from resolutions and was told that if when they announce Sept. protocols and vaccinations are required, they should be able to get a full refund or move funds to another cruise.

If they decide to cancel prior to the final pymt  date(that was moved out), they would lose $50 pp for the admin fee. The remaining could be moved to a FCC.

The carnival person also said, if protocols have not been announced by the FP date to see if the FP date can be moved out again.

I hope that was not too confusing.

Edited by EmmasNana
  • Thanks 1

I  understand that no one knows what will  happen in the future.  That is why I am asking if anyone that cancelled a July or August cruise after final payment was able to get a refund or FCC.  Carnival has already told me that the cancellation policy has not changed due to COVID but I want to know what actually happened for these cruises.  That would give me a heads up on what will happen - maybe.

You can contact the Horse's Mouth and get a definitive answer. Because they barely know what is going on for cruises next week they don't have the information for months from now. Protocols will change with every week and even more so if something happens on a ship. They have only had 2 sailings in the US so far. The more successful they are, the more they can loosen some of the protocols. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

I spoke with someone from resolutions and was told that if when they announce Sept. protocols and vaccinations are required, they should be able to get a full refund or move funds to another cruise.

If they decide to cancel prior to the final pymt  date(that was moved out), they would lose $50 pp for the admin fee. The remaining could be moved to a FCC.

The interesting word here is SHOULD. That implies that they have not really committed to that yet. They could have said WILL  instead of SHOULD.

6 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

The interesting word here is SHOULD. That implies that they have not really committed to that yet. They could have said WILL  instead of SHOULD.

Yeah and next time they will TRY to get it right 😞 

OP, the simple answer is no many do not read the question or choose to answer what they want on your time. I had a professor who would write RTQ on returned essay exams when a student strayed off topic. RTQ = Read the Question. 

4 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Yeah and next time they will TRY to get it right 😞 

OP, the simple answer is no many do not read the question or choose to answer what they want on your time. I had a professor who would write RTQ on returned essay exams when a student strayed off topic. RTQ = Read the Question. 

LOL about the professor and his reply.

I once had a college class where basically everyone got a lower grade than all of us normally received. One of my fellow classmates asked the professor why the grades were so poor. And his answer was , "You all wrote wonderful answers. You just did not happen to answer the questions I asked." That was from either 1966 or 1967, and I still remember his exact words.

I'm booked sept 11 and had my travel agent ask for a extension as I wanted to wait for protocols. He said he was told no. Answers here said they got it. So even carnival is inconsistent. 

Call back if you dont like first answer. 

19 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

To OP - call Carnival, if anyone knows the answer to your question it will be them

which is what i said too. but there was a few questions posed so to say that one of them wasnt answered is technically true i guess.  People will always respond to the portion that they actually know about so be prepared for many answers not just one.  For instance there are always questions posed that only need one answer yes or no and yet you will get 50 posts saying that is many different ways and of varying length.  I always feel like posting "short answer no long answer see previous 50 posts" lol

• Haha 1

We are in the same position.  We have two cabins booked for Mardi Gras 10/2.  My son and his wife have four children.  Three of the children are from a previous marriage.  Their father (Dr. in physical therapy and his wife RN) are adamantly opposed to the vaccine.  So, we find ourselves in quite a spot.  We are not anti vaxxers, as I get the flu shot every year; however, I am hesitant on this vaccine. Only because (and I have thought this from get beginning) it was not tested long enough.  I will take it, if it means the only means to traveling.  I just think this situation will cause us trouble, as I do believe the vaccine will be required for sometime.  We can try for an exemption, but I suppose that is a gamble as well.  I am seriously invested and interested in how this all will play out.  

31 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm booked sept 11 and had my travel agent ask for a extension as I wanted to wait for protocols. He said he was told no. Answers here said they got it. So even carnival is inconsistent. 

Call back if you dont like first answer. 

Responding since my cruise date (9/12) is almost the same as yours.  Texted my TA to ask for an extension nearing my 6/14 due.  She responded “I was able to extend your due date to 7/14 with no further grace periods.”

Just like you, I wanted to see Carnival sail again before I fully committed.  Funny thing is-she later asked me to pay earlier than that because she realized that my extended due date conflicted with one of her monthly vacations (sigh).

I had an instructor once (grad school) where the instructions indicated that nobody should answer the first 5 questions. Well, a lot of people lost points for not following the instructions !! Honestly, I can't recall where I fell in that "test" !!

Tom

• Haha 1

You created a very narrow of possible respondents. Only people who 1. Had a July or august cruise and 2. Chose to cancel. I’m sure some of the people are out there and reading this forum; but in the meantime if they don’t see and respond quickly your thread drops down to the bottom of the page and gets fewer views. Surprised you find people responding with September cruise (like yours) irrelevant.

• Like 1