Horizon 7/10

BlerkOne

Blerk, I meant to ask you. When you were at Guest Services everyday, picking up a paper copy of the Fun Times, did you have to wait to get it? Another way of putting it....were the lines very long each day you went to pick it up?

9 hours ago, surfone said:

There is a cruise review on Redditt on a couple who sailed on the Horizon July4th week.  They did their review and causally mentioned they were both vaccinated prior to cruise and they tested positive after returning home from the cruise.  They think they could have caught the virus on the airplane or airport prior to cruise embark.  They said the day before getting off ship they begun to feel bad but did not suspect COVID.  It of course can happen will in the future.  Hopefully they will recover.  They did say they were surprised Carnival had them shoulder to shoulder in one of the restaurants on debark day (guessing it was the holding area prior to debark)  good thing most were vaccinated. 

But they were vaccinated also and still were sick!  Safe to say probably others will test positive also.

Edited by funinthesun1964
x
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

Blerk, I meant to ask you. When you were at Guest Services everyday, picking up a paper copy of the Fun Times, did you have to wait to get it? Another way of putting it....were the lines very long each day you went to pick it up?

Not at all. We go after supper maybe around 9:30-10pm. No lines.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, surfone said:

There is a cruise review on Redditt on a couple who sailed on the Horizon July4th week.  They did their review and causally mentioned they were both vaccinated prior to cruise and they tested positive after returning home from the cruise.  They think they could have caught the virus on the airplane or airport prior to cruise embark.  They said the day before getting off ship they begun to feel bad but did not suspect COVID.  It of course can happen will in the future.  Hopefully they will recover.  They did say they were surprised Carnival had them shoulder to shoulder in one of the restaurants on debark day (guessing it was the holding area prior to debark)  good thing most were vaccinated. 

Do other cruise lines test before disembarkation? I'm surprised Carnival doesn't. It almost seem like they don't want to know if people get Covid. It's certainly harder to do contact tracing when everyone is home.

6 hours ago, cruises42 said:

Do other cruise lines test before disembarkation? I'm surprised Carnival doesn't. It almost seem like they don't want to know if people get Covid. It's certainly harder to do contact tracing when everyone is home.

CDC guidelines for "fully vaccinated" cruises state that fully vaccinated passengers do not have to test before disembarkation.  All Carnival cruises so have have met this standard; therefore, they don't have to test.  I'll keep my mouth shut about the rest, don't really want to go there... 🤐

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Are people allowed to sit and order drinks like before Covid at Alchemy?  Or do you have to order through an app or waiter?  Thanks for your review during your cruise!

Yes it's been reported alchemy bar was busy but yes you can sit at the bar, if you can find a empty seat.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, surfjock27 said:

Thanks for answering all these questions!

I know that all staff are in masks, does that include the performers?
I am referring more so to like the guitarist that performs in Pig & Anchor.

Happy Cruising!

Not while performing, but they are physically distanced from passengers.

6 hours ago, mac21902 said:

Are they selling white Hennessy onboard the Ship?

Maybe...maybe not. If you cannot find it on board your ship, I suggest you find it at a local liquor store in one of your port of calls, since White Hennessy is predominantly sold in the Caribbean nation/islands you will be visiting. A good chance you will find it there.  Perhaps at a better price as well.  

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Probably

10 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Maybe...maybe not. If you cannot find it on board your ship, I suggest you find it at a local liquor store in one of your port of calls, since White Hennessy is predominantly sold in the Caribbean nation/islands you will be visiting. A good chance you will find it there.  Perhaps at a better price as well.  

Thanks! We always buy a few bottles and bring it back as gifts.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:41 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

CDC guidelines for "fully vaccinated" cruises state that fully vaccinated passengers do not have to test before disembarkation.  All Carnival cruises so have have met this standard; therefore, they don't have to test.  I'll keep my mouth shut about the rest, don't really want to go there... 🤐

Local health authorities are supposed to report to positive cases to the CDC that have a within 5 days cruise ship travel history.  Ymmv, looking at you Florida.

On 7/15/2021 at 9:01 PM, funinthesun1964 said:

But they were vaccinated also and still were sick!  Safe to say probably others will test positive also.

The Vaccine doesn't auto immune you from catching COVID or one of its variants.  It does reduce the severity if you do catch it.  And as far as I can tell, has prevented deaths from those vaccinated who do catch it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mac21902 said:

Are they selling white Hennessy onboard the Ship?

12 hours ago, Joe817 said:

So, stupid question that is only tangentially related to the thread:

What is so special about White Hennessey, other than it isn't available in the US (apparently)?  Is it that much better than other light cognacs?  Or is it a case of "I can't normally get it, therefore I will hoard it when I can?"

Seems like a weird way to market a product:  we won't sell it in the US (a major market, to say the least), but will sell similar products (all the other Hennessey cognac types) in the US so you know it isn't a case of being unable to sell in that market, and that way you have to buy it on cruises/vacations to the Caribbean!

• Like 1