Roast Beef Sandwich at the Park Cafe

8 minutes ago, tjcletsgo said:

We will be traveling on the Voyager so the Seas but they don’t have a Park Cafe.  Is there any place else we can get the “weck’ sandwich?

Roast beef, roasted peppers with olive tapenade sandwich at Promenade Cafe on Voyager. happy cruising

My first one disappointed.  I haven't had one since.  Never understood all the excitement about it.  If you like overdone gristly roast beef, this one's for you.  I couldn't even chew the meat.  The bun is good though.  We'll be on Allure soon, maybe I'll try again.  BTW, you can only get it on Oasis class.

21 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

My first one disappointed.  I haven't had one since.  Never understood all the excitement about it.  If you like overdone gristly roast beef, this one's for you.  I couldn't even chew the meat.  The bun is good though.  We'll be on Allure soon, maybe I'll try again.  BTW, you can only get it on Oasis class.

And on Radiance and Vision class ships (both classes have Park Cafes up in the solarium.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When they first started doing the beef on weck at Park Cafe, they had a nice au jus with it....which was very good.  Then, for reasons unknown, they started serving it with a thick, nasty gravy...which was horrible.  I almost never get it anymore.  

2 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

When they first started doing the beef on weck at Park Cafe, they had a nice au jus with it....which was very good.  Then, for reasons unknown, they started serving it with a thick, nasty gravy...which was horrible.  I almost never get it anymore.  

Horseradish 👍

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Im not a fan of that sandwich either . I find its a bit chewy also .

I like the salad bar in the park cafe though . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Thank you BecciBoo! I had the same experience. First time was a major disappointment, and tried again on Harmony and was pretty much the same. Maybe we've been unlucky with cuts of meat and will have to keep trying.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Not gonna lie - didn't know about this and now am mighty interested!  Will be on the Independence this fall.  Not sure what class of ship that is but have to know: WHERE CAN I GET A WECK ON THE INDY?

Freedom class = Promenade Cafe.

I'm eagerly counting down the days till my August 13th  Ovation cruise and the first thing I'll do on board is get a BBC and a Kummelweck! I agree they are not always consistent but more often that not it's a great sandwich!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, karmamule said:

I appreciate this post because I've never heard of this sandwich before. (First-time cruising on Royal). Now I'm curious and will have to try one on our upcoming Allure cruise.

AND,  don't miss free breakfast at JR or the awesome salad bar lunch on sea days in MDR.

2 hours ago, Baowen said:

I'm eagerly counting down the days till my August 13th  Ovation cruise and the first thing I'll do on board is get a BBC and a Kummelweck! I agree they are not always consistent but more often that not it's a great sandwich!! 

i'll be doing exactly the same on Serenade August 23rd

• Like 1