Crystal Blocks now discontinued

2 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

I only have a few, but I love crystal. I have them with several crystal golf trophies that my husband has won over the years. One day I hope each of our children will use them as a paperweight and remember our love for cruising.

I have mine stack up in a pyramid. When the setting sun shines on them, they throw a prism out. I also have 2 blocks that I got the HD and Captain to autograph

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Existing stock will be issued but Royal is no longer ordering any new blocks.

Oh no, I was so close for my third one.😕  Now they are collector's items.

We passed on the two we earned, but I don't mean to "yuk" anyone's "yum." It breaks my heart a little to see this go away, but I suppose it's another expression of how RC has been changing the substance of its brand over time. 

Now, losing the reduced upgrades. That might really hurt. 

39 minutes ago, dswallow said:

The sailing where you earn the 140th point, and each sailing where you earn a multiple of 70 additional points.

Thanks for the info. That sucks since we aren’t due to get our second one until our cruise in January on the Allure. They will probably be gone by then. I really wanted some more. 😢

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I call BS  on the "60% of passengers left them on the ship".

Me too.  I lugged two of them home from Europe one year when they played catch-up.  I had to throw out all my clothes and buy new when we got home.  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

What about the "pointy" blocks (AKA Stratum)?   Will those still be ordered...or did they go away as well?  

I was wondering the same thing.  If the C&A point recognition blocks are no longer given, I would assume the Pinnacle stratums to recognize point levels will also be gone?  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

We passed on the two we earned, but I don't mean to "yuk" anyone's "yum." It breaks my heart a little to see this go away, but I suppose it's another expression of how RC has been changing the substance of its brand over time. 

Now, losing the reduced upgrades. That might really hurt. 

Hey, I miss the Shipshape stuff that they gave out for walking around the ship's track.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

In the end I guess I'd rather see them cut, rather than something I really like.

Stay tuned, next announcement will probably be for something you really like.

• Like 3

Anyone that doesn’t want theirs I’ll gladly trade a ride from PE to FLL in exchange for one. Yes I know I can buy them cheap from ebay, but I would also get to meet some people. I have a Denali so luggage shouldn’t be a problem. 😁

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Hey, I miss the Shipshape stuff that they gave out for walking around the ship's track.

I still have about $50 bucks left.  At least I think they are still in the drawer. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Anyone that doesn’t want theirs I’ll gladly trade a ride from PE to FLL in exchange for one. Yes I know I can buy them cheap from ebay, but I would also get to meet some people. I have a Denali so luggage shouldn’t be a problem. 😁

Throw in a visit to the Orchid showcase and I'll take you up on that offer.

2 hours ago, Garmy4 said:

Will miss the blocks along with all the other perks Royal is reducing to any top tier C&A member.  And yea, 60% leaving is total BS!

We also will miss the blocks and agree the 60% seems crazy.

Edited by lovesthebeach2

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm still shopping for mine! I meant to buy one last month but have just been too busy.  

Long live the formal night!

Formal night on a cruise is one of the few times we get to, “Put on the Ritz” anymore.

We look forward to it and will continue to dress in our finest.  

• Like 1