Are there plenty of drinks under the $9 threshold? Thanks.

interapid

Yes, a ton!!!  You can get many frozen drinks including Pina Coladas, Daquiris, Mudslides,  Margaritas and my personal favorite the French Caribbean.

You can get any of the following liquors with a mix:

Beefeater

Bombay

Bacardi and flavors

Captain Morgans

Malibu

Myers

Don Julio

Absolute

Smirnoff

Titos and flavors

CC

Jim Beam

Johnny Walker Red

Dewars

Segrams 7 & VO

and many more

All kinds of beers

Bottled Water, quite a few coffees at Cafe Bacio, Soda, and Teas

• Like 2

DW and I have used the CBP since its inception and have never seen the need to upgrade. I think that the conventional wisdom it to try it for a day or so and if you aren't pleased, then upgrade on board. Also, remember that you can pay the difference between the $9 ceiling and the price of a more expensive drink, plus gratuity, so if you buy just the occasional drink over the CBP ceiling, it's still less expensive than upgrading. 

• Like 4

Depends on your tastes. 

For me, I need the wine on Premium list.

For DH, Classic is fine (beer & frozen drinks)--probably the only thing he MIGHT want once in a while is Baileys; he can just pay the difference.

Here is the list:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/05_07_SP_Beverage-Package-Flyer_051721.pdf

Edited by KKB

I agree that there are many choices.  We usually upgrade, though, for three reasons:  1) we like martinis and they are always over the limit, 2) we prefer the wine choices on premium and 3) for the convenience.  Honestly, if it weren't for the convenience part we probably would save $$ keeping classic and just paying the difference as we are regular, but not huge, drinkers.  

• Like 2

We like the fact that with Celebrity (unlike with some cruise lines) not everyone in the cabin needs to upgrade to premium, so the wine drinker in our family upgrades and the other who mostly only drinks mixed drinks but hates martinis stays with classic. 

• Like 4

I always like to upgrade because I prefer some better Cognac and single malt scotch.  But the bummer about upgrading is that we used to find a limited selection in the higher shelf stuff we desired.   There is much to say for not upgrading, saving some money, and just adapting to what is available which is still a darn good selection.

Hank

A BT that served us on many cruises told us that the classic was the best package as 90% of the drinks that the passengers order are covered under the classic.   Most drinks during the day at the pool are classic drinks.  

The premium martinis and drinks at the World Class Bar are over the limit but then you only have to pay the difference if ordered plus 20% gratuity 

There are also beers and wines that cost more.   Even on the premium pack some cost more.  

Unless you really like something not covered there are many drinks covered.

if you find that you want to upgrade you can do it during the cruise and pay for the remaining days before the last 3 days.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

What?  You have to pay for Pelligrino?  That's pretty much most of the non-alcohol drinks for me.  I assume they will at least give you free club soda from a tap?

You have to pay for all carbonated drinks. Club soda from either a tap or a bottle is not free.

FWIW I don't think I have ever seen soda served from a gun on an S class ship? Everything is bottled or canned. Plenty of choices under the $9 limit and the bartenders usually look at your card to make sure you choose something within your package. We upgrade for the wine, sparkling water, World Class Bar options and martinis. They usually, although not consistently, will have some Vitamin Water type options as well. 

24 minutes ago, jaapie said:

Sodas in a can or on tap are included in classic.

I hope you are right as it was what I was assuming was the case.

We don't drink pop (soda) but so like spritzers (wine and club soda) or just a soda water with a bit of juice. 

This seems to indicate sodas are non-premium bottled water are included...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/05_07_SP_Beverage-Package-Flyer_051721.pdf

Edited by rodndonna

17 minutes ago, crbnlvr said:

Regarding the 20%... Is this "per check' now - so each round?

I think before it was based on the total package price....

20% on the cost difference between classic and premium..per drink if not on premium…

51 minutes ago, crbnlvr said:

Regarding the 20%... Is this "per check' now - so each round?

I think before it was based on the total package price....

If you upgrade, it will be added to the package price.

If you stay on classic, it will be charged for each overage.

(IE if you order a $12 drink, you will be charged $3 plus .60)

Just being able to drink Peroni for me and Champagne for the wife instead of Prosecco puts us clearly in the Premim package slot.

Fresh orange juice at breakfast and San Pellegrino water is a bonus.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:39 PM, micheleata said:

Yes, a ton!!!  You can get many frozen drinks including Pina Coladas, Daquiris, Mudslides,  Margaritas and my personal favorite the French Caribbean.

Ooh, What's a French Caribbean? 🍹

On 7/17/2021 at 9:11 AM, jaapie said:

Sodas in a can or on tap are included in classic.

Can confirm, as I currently have a Diet Coke in my hand. 

We don’t drink, and the only thing Classic didn’t cover was fresh juice at the Spa Cafe. We can live with that.