Blue Line vs. PLAT elite (boarding)

BettyNL

Exactly how are you seeing that you are assigned 'blue line'?

Do you have a boarding time scheduled?

When are you sailing?

Is all of this still not fully working thru the APP?

There seem to have been a lot of issues with all of these new post-covidcruise re-start features being implemented.

Edited by Wishing on a star

Priority boarding is stated as a Captain's Circle platinum benefit, meaning those that are platinum or elite levels are supposed to receive this. I have not read how this priority benefit works or is supposed to work with the new medallion class system. From reading many of the postings I believe that you have to choose your boarding group in the app.. As a platinum you should be able to choose one of the earlier times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BettyNL said:

Been assigned ‘blue line’ for boarding …. Am PLATINUM elite — no more ‘priority’ boarding privilege ??

BLUE Lane simply means you are missing something in the OceanReady pre-cruise section and will likely require some extra attention at check-in.  There should be priority check-in processing for both BLUE and GREEN Lane guests.  However, with the initial cruises, general boarding should be open as soon as processed at check-in and people will just be heading onto the ship and not held in the terminal waiting.

12 minutes ago, skynight said:

Priority boarding is stated as a Captain's Circle platinum benefit, meaning those that are platinum or elite levels are supposed to receive this. I have not read how this priority benefit works or is supposed to work with the new medallion class system. From reading many of the postings I believe that you have to choose your boarding group in the app.. As a platinum you should be able to choose one of the earlier times. 

Correct.  We don't know how the priority we have been used to is going to work in the next while.  Princess is aware of the issue, but there is no announcement yet as to whether Elites, Suites, Platinum will get some staggered advance opportunity to select Arrival Group ahead of the rest of the passengers.  I believe someone thought having priority within the Arrival Group would suffice, but they are getting the message that it doesn't really work well that way at all.  

In future, we may have earlier Arrival Groups with waiting inside the terminal when social distancing concerns lessen.  Right now, the CSO does have language about reducing having passengers hanging about in the terminal.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

BLUE Lane simply means you are missing something in the OceanReady pre-cruise section and will likely require some extra attention at check-in. 

Thanks for this.  I was confused about the blue lane thing.

2 hours ago, Kay S said:

Thanks for this.  I was confused about the blue lane thing.

My understanding is that the health portion has to be completed within the last few days before sailing. That asks questions like have you been around anyone who has tested positive for covid in the last 14 days etc. (hence the need to do it just days before sailing).  Once that is completed, I think you get a green light and you will go through the fastest line at check in that doesn’t require any assistance from port personnel.  If you are still in the blue lane, there is something about your docs that requires a person to assist you at check in.  Some people choose to pick their medallions up at the pier. They’ll be blue line. 

7 minutes ago, RRFan said:

Some people choose to pick their medallions up at the pier. They’ll be blue line. 

I did consider this for a moment as well.  But I think not.  I have completed the Medallion section and since we depart from Italy and live in Canada, no way to get the Medallion ahead of time so it is set for port pickup.  I am still in Green Lane with that setting.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, skynight said:

. From reading many of the postings I believe that you have to choose your boarding group in the app..

No , some of us are not using the app. There is a full thread about the phone in to get everything done. You do not need to send proof of vaccination you can present it at the pier. The misinformation and rumors are prevalent. There is a Medallion/Ocean Ready phone line who will give you accurate information and it's straight from Princess

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

No , some of us are not using the app. There is a full thread about the phone in to get everything done. You do not need to send proof of vaccination you can present it at the pier. The misinformation and rumors are prevalent. There is a Medallion/Ocean Ready phone line who will give you accurate information and it's straight from Princess

Thanks for posting this. 

15 hours ago, RRFan said:

My understanding is that the health portion has to be completed within the last few days before sailing. That asks questions like have you been around anyone who has tested positive for covid in the last 14 days etc. (hence the need to do it just days before sailing).  Once that is completed, I think you get a green light and you will go through the fastest line at check in that doesn’t require any assistance from port personnel.  If you are still in the blue lane, there is something about your docs that requires a person to assist you at check in.  Some people choose to pick their medallions up at the pier. They’ll be blue line. 

How many colors are there?

I've gone from green to blue recently.

Only two (blue/green).  It seems as though colors pop up randomly.  I stopped counting how many times my colors have changed.  Today...it's green.  Just waiting for ability to pick arrival time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

How many colors are there?

I've gone from green to blue recently.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Only two (blue/green).

Three: Green. Blue. Yellow.

image.thumb.png.3a5ca334052c97c11d7ead5ecea47607.png

See this page for details: https://www.princess.com/plan/oceanready/

Edited by MileHighAko
Added URL for details.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Thanks. 

They switched me for no reason to the Blue Lane.

I suppose when it gets closer to the sailing date & I complete everything I might get back to the Green Lane.

Oh there will be a reason.  You will have to login to the MC App and check your OceanReady steps.  Likely in the Personal Info & Docs section, but it should be obvious.  Might need to just go in and look at it if data is still good.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Oh there will be a reason.  You will have to login to the MC App and check your OceanReady steps.  Likely in the Personal Info & Docs section, but it should be obvious.  Might need to just go in and look at it if data is still good.

And this medallion is supposed to make everything easier.

All I see is aggravation before boarding so far.

I suspect the DR's will be a mess for the first few days. 

• Like 2

@RRFanfor our sailing on July 25, 2021 we gained access to the health questionnaire 9 or 10 days before sail away. Then a day or two later we gained access to the health document link where we uploaded pictures of our vaccination records.  I will post on our live from thread what happens the day before sailing and at check in with that. 

Getting ready for this cruise I’ve found that I will fill everything out under all the sections and then NEW stuff gets added. Sometimes my color would change back to blue letting me know to go look for something new that I need to do and sometimes it didn’t (disturbing). I am now in the habit of just clicking through and checking for new stuff. 

FYI. I have 4 more cruises after this Alaska one leaving Oct 27, 2021 through Jan 6 2022 and the ap is pretty wonky on all of them still. But the good news is it now works great on my sailing in 6 days. OMG. Six flipping days!!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

We r blue too   Probably because we chose to pick up medallion thingy at the port   We r on aug 22 sailing and no departure times available but since we r ezair and leave seattle at 11am on aug 29, princess should put us on one of first transfers to airport   I expect customer service to be very busy the entire cruise!    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beaglesandducks said:

We r blue too   Probably because we chose to pick up medallion thingy at the port   We r on aug 22 sailing and no departure times available but since we r ezair and leave seattle at 11am on aug 29, princess should put us on one of first transfers to airport   I expect customer service to be very busy the entire cruise!    

Probably something else.  Unless they are changing the lanes closer to sail date.  Out Medallions are set for port pick up and we are in Green Lane.

On 7/18/2021 at 3:00 PM, MileHighAko said:

Three: Green. Blue. Yellow.

image.thumb.png.3a5ca334052c97c11d7ead5ecea47607.png

See this page for details: https://www.princess.com/plan/oceanready/

So, are these the only three lines (lanes?). Or will their be G,B and Y lanes for elite/suite passengers, G, B and Y lanes for platinum passengers and G,B and Y lanes for all others, a total of 9 lines.

Hard to see Princess keeping their promise of priority check-in if only one set of G, B and Y lanes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caribill said:

So, are these the only three lines (lanes?). Or will their be G,B and Y lanes for elite/suite passengers, G, B and Y lanes for platinum passengers and G,B and Y lanes for all others, a total of 9 lines.

Hard to see Princess keeping their promise of priority check-in if only one set of G, B and Y lanes.

My thought is that Princess is just trying to keep their nose above water this summer on the roll out of this buggy app. Since anyone can select boarding group A, there may be no priority boarding unless they call for Elites & Suites in Boarding Group A first followed by Platinum's in Boarding Group A, followed by general boarding for group A, etc.  At times, we've been given a card with a letter on it to control the number of people boarding at one time.  Letter A's boarded first, then B's etc.  E&S's were given A's until they reached the max number they wanted boarding at a time.  The next E&S's that checked in got letter B etc.  General boarding didn't start until all letters were boarded.

I think they will come up with a way to appease E/S/P's because of the removal of perks they've had before. It costs them nothing to honor the priority boarding they've  promised (and haven't removed as of yet). Guess we'll all find out soon.  Hopefully the July 25 cruisers will be letting us know how it went.

11 minutes ago, RRFan said:

My thought is that Princess is just trying to keep their nose above water this summer on the roll out of this buggy app. Since anyone can select boarding group A, there may be no priority boarding unless they call for Elites & Suites in Boarding Group A first followed by Platinum's in Boarding Group A, followed by general boarding for group A, etc.  At times, we've been given a card with a letter on it to control the number of people boarding at one time.  Letter A's boarded first, then B's etc.  E&S's were given A's until they reached the max number they wanted boarding at a time.  The next E&S's that checked in got letter B etc.  General boarding didn't start until all letters were boarded.

I think they will come up with a way to appease E/S/P's because of the removal of perks they've had before. It costs them nothing to honor the priority boarding they've  promised (and haven't removed as of yet). Guess we'll all find out soon.  Hopefully the July 25 cruisers will be letting us know how it went.

YES, I am certain we will get reports, but I believe as someone completes check-in process, they will head right on board since the check-in timing is so late in the morning.  Since no holding in the terminal, forget the A, B, C cards and E/S "lounge".  They don't want a lot of people in the terminal at once even though all vaccinated.

• Like 1

Some time back, I sent a polite complaint to Princess about losing the free internet minutes. Yesterday, when I'd pretty much forgotten all about it, I got a reply.

This is what they listed out as benefits that I would still get. They didn't say anything about the other discounts, photos and such, since I'd said in my complaint that those were useless to us. It's pretty clear from the below that at one point in time one Princess Customer Relations person thinks that the way it's going to work is that we get an arrival group. And get priority boarding within that group. That certainly may change, but at one point in time, one Princess employee thought this is how it works.

• You will now have early access to Dine My Way benefits 
  • MedallionNet – this is the best Wi-Fi at Sea, fast, reliable, and unlimited.  Platinum and Elite guests will enjoy a significant 50% discount off any of our MedallionNet packages   
  • Priority boarding – Platinum and Elite guests will continue to enjoy the Platinum and Elite lounge and priority boarding within their arrival group  
  • Like 1