July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

1 hour ago, Informatics Nurse said:

For those of you who are doing "traditional' dining or one dining reservation for the whole trip- what restaurant is acting as the "traditional" dining room for your cruise? I'm trying to book one reservation, so we'll have the same servers- but it won't let me. I can book one reservation each night at the same time slot, with the same table size- but I have the choice of three restaurants. So I wondered if I put myself into the same location as the "traditional" dining room- if it would increase my odds of having the same servers.

If they follow the "old" TD system, it would be the Allegro. Deck 6 aft and the only way to get to it is the aft stairs from deck 7 or an elevator (usually 2 of the 4) that are available.

29 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If they follow the "old" TD system, it would be the Allegro. Deck 6 aft and the only way to get to it is the aft stairs from deck 7 or an elevator (usually 2 of the 4) that are available.

Thanks! That's where I booked them. I just have multiple reservations for the same night, rather than one. 

37 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@Informatics Nurseand @CruiseRaiderwhen I go into DMW the first option is “Reserve The Same Time Each Day”  for the same time each night. That’s how I put in a time and it gave me which MDR was available for the whole cruise. 
Now there’s one more thing I’ve done that I’m not sure if you’ve done so you may want to check. Under Ocean Ready go to My Preferences and go to Dining. Select that you want to eat in the same restaurant every night. 

Thanks! I tried that and it will tells me there are no reservations when I try it with all four of us.  However, I can make individual night reservations for any of the restaurants. I also tried charging the preferences, so who knows! 

Screenshot_20210722-181632.png

Screenshot_20210722-181448.png

2 hours ago, Informatics Nurse said:

For those of you who are doing "traditional' dining or one dining reservation for the whole trip- what restaurant is acting as the "traditional" dining room for your cruise? I'm trying to book one reservation, so we'll have the same servers- but it won't let me. I can book one reservation each night at the same time slot, with the same table size- but I have the choice of three restaurants. So I wondered if I put myself into the same location as the "traditional" dining room- if it would increase my odds of having the same servers.

I've had okay service when I've done dine your way- but the servers are less motivated to give exceptional service because you they never see you again. My brother and his wife are joining me in this voyage and i want them to love it! So I'm trying to do everything possible to make it an awesome trip for them. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the dining. 🙂 I appreciate it! 

I have sailed on Princess  several times.  I have never sailed on a Medallion ship.  But here is my suggestion  --  Book the same time every night, even if you have to do this separately .  On the first night ask the server to get his head waiter to come talk to you.  Tell the Head Waiter you want to sit at that table every night so you can have the same wait staff.  Tell him you have the reservations for the same time each night.  That may work.   

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@ThreeDancingMatthewswe have the same information every else does regarding testing. The Princess website Cruise health FAQs states what you’ve posted. So if you are not flying internationally the current protocol is no testing for fully vaxxed. However, the one thing everyone sailing this year should expect is that all health protocols are subject to change at a moment’s notice. By signing the passage contract you’ve agreed to it. I will accept getting tested before boarding if that changes between now and Sunday. 

Thanks, yeah- wasn't sure if you were getting more info in preboarding communications. Let us know what happens on Saturday! With the understanding that what happens next Saturday or the Saturday after might be completely different depending on how the CDC feels that day. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dskenn said:

I have sailed on Princess  several times.  I have never sailed on a Medallion ship.  But here is my suggestion  --  Book the same time every night, even if you have to do this separately .  On the first night ask the server to get his head waiter to come talk to you.  Tell the Head Waiter you want to sit at that table every night so you can have the same wait staff.  Tell him you have the reservations for the same time each night.  That may work.   

Thank you kindly, I'll try that.

On 7/18/2021 at 8:04 PM, ChangeOrder said:

For those interested in the Shooting Range, they only let 6 people book at a time, and it’s only open maybe six total times per the schedule. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d18a2dd007c5fda14d9415fa92e2b9a6.jpeg

This looks fun and I didn't know they had it on the ship. Thank you for posting. I'm going to try and get a slot for my trip in September. 

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I just got this from my PVP

2AE249B6-5BDC-4569-9A24-F30209E5595C.jpeg

If that's what we need to do, I will happily keep my mask on while in port and on the ship.  Safety is the most important thing and the Delta variant is brutal.

• Like 5

Question: Previously the option to purchase a pass for the Enclave was not offered in the Spa options and the wording in the FAQ made it seem like these areas would be closed. This also follows what I saw here. However, I am now seeing I can book a week pass for the Enclave and the wording in the FAQ section, while vague mentions "Yes, onboard spa operations and services will be offered on these cruises, but amenities may require reservations and capacity may be limited.

Do we think the Enclave will now be open? 

Let the games begin.  Good luck with Sunday's sailing.  There will be some hiccups; but once they get fixed; those sailing after you will have an easier time of it.  Cheers

• Like 2

If you are staying at the Doubletree sea-tac airport this may be of interest. It’s one of the two hotels Princess uses.  

Their airport shuttle runs every half hour from 4 am to 1 am. Go to island 1 or 3 any letter. 

I was doing my online check in today. The Hilton ap did not have a floor by floor map to see where your room selection was. I found this floor map online showing the main tower and the wings. 

I am really glad I called as the room I was going to pick ended up being right up against an elevator. She was very helpful and gave me choices that were not in the ap and let me know that one of the rooms wasn’t even in my category (king bed corner). She didn’t know why it was showing up. If room location is important to you you may want to call. 

888B7DEB-1295-4D0B-A3C3-BE59DA9A1B98.png

Good news,

I E-mailed my friends at the Port of Seattle about the Port of Seattle luggage Valet program and this was her response. 

Good Morning,

We are proud to announce that the port valet program will be a complimentary service offered to guests sailing to Alaska during the 2021 cruise season.

Enrollment and other operational details can be found at:

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Safe travels and kindest regards,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/17/2021 at 6:52 PM, dskenn said:

Hello,

I am going to go out on a limb here as I have never sailed on a Medallion ship.  I don't think there are actual reservations for the Princess Theater.   I think all the activities they are showing are kind of like the Patter that gets delivered to your stateroom the night before.  If they are limiting the number of guests they allow in the Princess Theatre then I could be wrong and I will let you know next week.

Typically on mega ships, theater reservations are for entrance to the theater ahead of those who do not have reservations.  Not at all for seat location.  Also a standby line normally exists for those who haven't reserved and they allow the standby line to enter the theater 10 or 15 minutes before show time.

19 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@Informatics Nurseand @CruiseRaiderwhen I go into DMW the first option is “Reserve The Same Time Each Day”  for the same time each night. That’s how I put in a time and it gave me which MDR was available for the whole cruise. 
Now there’s one more thing I’ve done that I’m not sure if you’ve done so you may want to check. Under Ocean Ready go to My Preferences and go to Dining. Select that you want to eat in the same restaurant every night. 

thanks!  I'm learning so much!! 

21 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

As @CruiseRaidersaid lots of answers are coming others on our roll call. Our roll call is public information if you want to know who they are. 

@ThreeDancingMatthewswe have the same information every else does regarding testing. The Princess website Cruise health FAQs states what you’ve posted. So if you are not flying internationally the current protocol is no testing for fully vaxxed. However, the one thing everyone sailing this year should expect is that all health protocols are subject to change at a moment’s notice. By signing the passage contract you’ve agreed to it. I will accept getting tested before boarding if that changes between now and Sunday. 

I have the same concerns as you about testing positive after traveling should I be required to test. Soooooo, out came my Kn95’s and my N95’s. I will wear a pretty cloth mask over one of those while traveling and especially on the plane. I will not take it on and off. If I do have to remove it I will wash/sanitize my hands when putting on a fresh mask. IOW back to full blown covid protection methods. I am also not going to stores or out in public the week before sailing. I am only around a very small fully vaxxed group of 5 family members. I honestly don’t want as much as a cold whilst on this trip. 

I just received this notification from Princess via email:

Due to increasing cases of COVID-19 in Alaska caused by the spread of the Delta variant, the local health authorities have recommended that all guests, including fully vaccinated persons, wear a face mask while ashore, particularly while indoors. Please be reminded that US regulations require all persons to wear a mask when on public transportation. Visit our CruiseHealth FAQ for more info on health protocols and travel requirements: https://*****/pcl_chfaq.

12 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I just received this notification from Princess via email:

Due to increasing cases of COVID-19 in Alaska caused by the spread of the Delta variant, the local health authorities have recommended that all guests, including fully vaccinated persons, wear a face mask while ashore, particularly while indoors. Please be reminded that US regulations require all persons to wear a mask when on public transportation. Visit our CruiseHealth FAQ for more info on health protocols and travel requirements: https://*****/pcl_chfaq.

We were just in Alaska doing a Gray Line land tour, and they were very casual about masks.  Including on the bus we were on for Anchorage to Kenai, and Kenai to Denali.  They were required on the bus tour inside Denali park, and the driver/guide enforced it.

• Like 3

When I checked in for my flight I got an alert saying this.  For those who have asked about early return flights using a Princess transfer this may be something to consider. 

Travel to/from Seattle (SEA)

Allow extra travel time:
Due to high summer travel volume, we anticipate longer than normal check-in and security lines. Please plan to arrive at the airport at least 3 hoursprior to departure if checking bags, and 2 hours prior to departure if you just have carry-on items. 

For morning departures, we recommend using SEA Spot Saver This indicates a link to an external site that may not follow the same accessibility or privacy policies as Alaska Airlines. By selecting a partner link you agree to share your data with these sites. to reserve an appointment time to clear security if you don't have TSA PreCheck.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

When I checked in for my flight I got an alert saying this.  For those who have asked about early return flights using a Princess transfer this may be something to consider. 

Travel to/from Seattle (SEA)

Allow extra travel time:
Due to high summer travel volume, we anticipate longer than normal check-in and security lines. Please plan to arrive at the airport at least 3 hoursprior to departure if checking bags, and 2 hours prior to departure if you just have carry-on items. 

For morning departures, we recommend using SEA Spot Saver This indicates a link to an external site that may not follow the same accessibility or privacy policies as Alaska Airlines. By selecting a partner link you agree to share your data with these sites. to reserve an appointment time to clear security if you don't have TSA PreCheck.

I'm a bit concerned about that early flight.  I may consider ordering a shuttle.  

I last cruised out of Seattle in 2019.  There were plenty of taxi's at the port and they have to charge flat rate to airport..  Suggest you use the Port of Seattle luggage program which is free to use.  Our luggage was picked up and we saw it when we arrive home in Cincinnati.  Great service.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

I last cruised out of Seattle in 2019.  There were plenty of taxi's at the port and they have to charge flat rate to airport..  Suggest you use the Port of Seattle luggage program which is free to use.  Our luggage was picked up and we saw it when we arrive home in Cincinnati.  Great service.  

Thank you , very helpful .