July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

22 minutes ago, Kbwhat53 said:

Quick question - I cannot remember entering info for our vaccination cards yet we have green lane. Was there a place to put that info? Senior moment here!

Some folks are getting a prompt to upload a copy of their vaccination card. Other folks aren't getting it. I got it but it didn't work and now it's gone from my app again. Others who got it had it successfully take their upload. If you checked the box stating you are vaccinated you will get a green check mark. I'm not going to worry about it. If the option comes back again I "may" give it another try but it's not worth stressing about.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Some folks are getting a prompt to upload a copy of their vaccination card. Other folks aren't getting it. I got it but it didn't work and now it's gone from my app again. Others who got it had it successfully take their upload. If you checked the box stating you are vaccinated you will get a green check mark. I'm not going to worry about it. If the option comes back again I "may" give it another try but it's not worth stressing about.

I ran out and bought a lottery ticket (not) on the day that I was able to upload my vaccination card.  Does anyone really have an explanation for this disappearing act?  It seems very random and foolish to allow some but not others when it is a document that you must have in order to cruise.  

Then again, a "card" in the hand is worth more than 2 "photos" on an app.

Will Princess accept QR codes from "vaccine passport apps"?  My sister-in-law went to Honolulu with her QR approved Safe Travels code.  Got to the hotel and the front desk told her she had to quarantine for 10 days....because....the hotel did not have a QR reader.  I will travel with both my card and phone.  I sure hope Princess agents will be patient with all frustrated passengers.

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

I ran out and bought a lottery ticket (not) on the day that I was able to upload my vaccination card.  Does anyone really have an explanation for this disappearing act?  It seems very random and foolish to allow some but not others when it is a document that you must have in order to cruise.  

In what area did you get the prompt to upload the card. We are sailing in October and I have not found that section yet...

On 7/18/2021 at 11:57 PM, caribill said:

I see at least one event is already full and this is probably before a majority of passengers even know it existed.

I wonder how many Princess staff members it will take at all the events to make sure that all who signed up for an event can enter before those who did not sign up in advance. Not easy to do for an event such as MUTS.

not a newbie, but what is "MUTS"  ?

Movies Under the Stars.  There is a huge screen that can be seen from the Lido Deck.  It runs .....ALL day long with movies, specials, concerts, etc.  At night, they show movies and pass out blankets/popcorn.  VERY loud (in my opinion).

I wonder if I stop to have lunch at one of the window tables...will they ask me if I have a reservation or can't sit?  Or will I need a ticket to walk past the pool area to get my ice cream cone?

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Haha 1

On the Alaska cruises if you want to watch "MUTS" be sure to bring your arctic fowl weather gear. It get really cold up on deck when the ship is running at 25 knots. I know I won't be out there watching a movie. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

On the Alaska cruises if you want to watch "MUTS" be sure to bring your arctic fowl weather gear. It get really cold up on deck when the ship is running at 25 knots. I know I won't be out there watching a movie. 

I can vouch for that!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

They put out blankets on the lounge chairs and pop popcorn

27 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

Luckily, they usually show them on the TV the next day.😁

• Like 1

Great thread, stoked folks! I was not aware of live threads but I'm totally onboard with the concept. Read the July 25th roll call (all 26 pages) then this thread as well.  I didn't read every word, but i spent a few hours on and off today. DW and I will be on the September 26th sailing of the Majestic at the fantail end of the 2021 Alaska season. I will be paying close attention to the questions and your posts in the next couple of weeks.

You folks are going to have a great time meeting each other in person. Have a fantastic cruise!!!

• Like 2

Wow turn my back for a day to finish name tags and invites for our M&G and this thread went off the rails. 

@cr8tiv1 and @tuputtsyour questions about the vaccine QR code and buffet are both answered on the Princess website FAQs under Cruise Health. 

@Host CJSKIDSthanks for trying. I will just hand write in the names. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

I have a lightweight wind resistant down blanket that I took last cruise. It was awesome for sitting out on the balcony and using for MUTS. Picked it up for $20 or so at Costco. 

It packs into its own little bag and hardly takes up any space in my suitcase. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Wow turn my back for a day to finish name tags and invites for our M&G and this thread went off the rails. 

@cr8tiv1 and @tuputtsyour questions about the vaccine QR code and buffet are both answered on the Princess website FAQs under Cruise Health. 

@Host CJSKIDSthanks for trying. I will just hand write in the names. 

Looking forward to your posts!  Once on board be sure to enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1

@kml246and @Steelers36 and anyone who may have read my earlier comment about starting a new live thread after embarkation. I have decided to just keep it simple and just keep posting to this thread. It’s not that big a deal and I don’t want any confusion with two different threads with similar names for those on our roll call. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

So here’s a new twist in Journeyview. I had signed up for the Sail Away Celebration and when I went to check this morning the Sail Away Event had changed and my reservation with it. I think it must have just happened as very few were signed up. Now I’m off to check all my events. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@kml246and @Steelers36 and anyone who may have read my earlier comment about starting a new live thread after embarkation. I have decided to just keep it simple and just keep posting to this thread. It’s not that big a deal and I don’t want any confusion with two different threads with similar names for those on our roll call. 

No worries here. We've been keeping up with the thread. Whatever's easiest for you. We all appreciate you doing this. 

Kevin

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Informatics Nurse said:

Thank you kindly! I'm impatiently waiting for the activities to show for my trip- but this helps with planning for dinner times. Now I'll wait for the menus, so I know which nights I'm going to try the special restaurants.

We don't have access to the menus yet, either.  

BTW, I worked in informatics for almost a year. 

• Thanks 2

Thanks so much for doing this! Heading out on the Majestic on the 8th of August, and it's my wife's first cruise, so I'm anxious to make sure it's a good experience for her. Excited to see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

So should I expect to see stuff in JourneyView in the app beginning July 25th (14 days out from our trip)? Just want to make sure we're on the ball.

Also, I'm interested to know about masks onboard. I feel like I've heard a lot of conflicted information, especially since these Alaska cruises are supposedly vaccinated, from what I've understood. 

Thanks again! Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

• Like 3