July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

1 hour ago, wondertwinsmom said:

Thank you to AF-1 and you for mentioning the port valet luggage program and posting the link for it! We are first time cruisers and would have had no idea about this. It sounds like a great way to alleviate a little stress and we are always all for that! Looking forward to all the little tidbits of information coming from these first cruises. We are on the September 5 sailing and are so excited!!

Glad to help. That's one of the great things about the roll calls. 

Enjoy your first cruise on 9/5. Hopefully, you'll catch the bug many of us had. We're on the 8/8 sailing. Can't wait after having seven cruises (now eight with our Feb 2022 New Zealand cruise canceled this week) canceled since COVID. 

4 hours ago, Informatics Nurse said:

Hi Kathy- I'm not on this cruise, but I think I have a solution. Somewhere in the many threads I am following someone mentioned that they found other solo travelers and they linked their reservations in the app. Then they booked a table for six of them each night. In the app, you are able link reservations, so you can do activities and dining together. I do know that is possible, because I've linked my cabin with my brothers- and I booked us a table for four. Good luck and bon voyage!

Thank you.....lol

• Like 2

The July 25 th Majestic Roll Call is also a good source. Mention of Health Form being updated & boarding times is helpful. 
Thanks to OP & other members on this first cruise of 2021 for sharing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Well this is new. When I opened the medallion ap this morning I can now rate my onboard experience. 

3ECF5487-869C-4FD5-84EC-CA8AF7FB7A31.png

Remember Princess knows where you are onboard ... so, if you give a thumbs down, they'll find you ... and who knows what'll happen then!

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, PalmDeserter said:

When you get settled, can you send a message about who is the maitre d?   And also if you can find out,  will Carlos Oscar be on the next voyage, too?  He's very funny!

So happy to be living vicariously through you!

Please find out how long Carlos Oscar will be on.  Hopefully, he will still be on the Majestic for our cruise (Sept. 5).  He is extremely funny without being crude.  So refreshing.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

10:30 and on board!

I didn't even think that they were boarding that early.  Mine has the earliest boarding at 11:30 but it's great you got onboard even earlier.

How was embarkation?  And how thorough was the checking of vaccination proof?

16 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

10:30 and on board!

Hello,

Could you find out the situation in the gym regarding the changing rooms with  sauna or steam please? Are they closed?  Thanks very much.

6 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I didn't even think that they were boarding that early.  Mine has the earliest boarding at 11:30 but it's great you got onboard even earlier.

How was embarkation?  And how thorough was the checking of vaccination proof?

Not surprising. Keep in mind they are the very first group to board so they don't need to wait for passengers to disembark.

• Like 4