Taking on bottles at embarkation

Dorset Cruiser

28 minutes ago, Dorset Cruiser said:

Are bottles still allowed at embarkation?

Bottles of wine, yes, one per adult passenger and it must be consumed in your cabin.  Any additional bottles are charged a $20 (?) corkage.  It used to be $15, but I believe is was raised.

Bottles of spirits or beer, no.

Edited by msmoger
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, msmoger said:

Bottles of wine, yes, one per adult passenger and it must be consumed in your cabin.  Any additional bottles are charged a $20 (?) corkage.  It used to be $15, but I believe is was raised.

Bottles of spirits or beer, no.

Sorry, I am really asking about bottles of water or soda.  Understand Princess might have recently changed the rules and now only allows cans?

Following this too.  I usually take on a Dr Pepper in a screw-top bottle in my carryon bag (unopened).  Is that a problem now?  Or I sometimes get one in port and take back on. I don't drink a lot of soda but when I do, I don't want Coca Cola (that's all they have onboard).  

You can pre-purchase water from Princess for delivery to the room prior to the cruise.  It's not the same price as the supermarket but it wasn't very expensive and you don't need to carry it with you.  It was something like $7 for 12 16.9oz bottles, just check out the cruise planner it's listed.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Dorset Cruiser said:

one per adult passenger and it must be consumed in your cabin.

Just want to clarify.  You CAN consume that free (no corkage fee) bottle in the cabin without any charge.  But you do not HAVE to consume it there.  You can take it to the DR, for example, and they can assess the corkage fee.  If you take it anywhere already opened, there is no corkage fee. 

43 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Just want to clarify.  You CAN consume that free (no corkage fee) bottle in the cabin without any charge.  But you do not HAVE to consume it there.  You can take it to the DR, for example, and they can assess the corkage fee.  If you take it anywhere already opened, there is no corkage fee. 

OR you can pour it into a glass (in your cabin) and take it anywhere on the ship.

Hmmm...what if you poured 3 or 4 glasses worth into one of those big drink tumblers, took it to the MDR and asked for a glass??🤣

• Haha 2

Or bring the bottle into the Piazza and drink it with a friend before dinner. My friend and I did this on our last girls cruise. We always brought our final glass of wine into the dining room.

15 hours ago, ghgeckos said:

Or bring the bottle into the Piazza and drink it with a friend before dinner. My friend and I did this on our last girls cruise. We always brought our final glass of wine into the dining room.

The actual policy is if you bring any free bottle, as opposed to a marked corkage paid bottle, to any public area you are subject to the corkage fee. The waiters probably missed it, did not pay attention, or did not wish to ask. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, happycruiserco said:

Thanks for posting official verbiage.  Can we bring our empty plastic

water bottle which I use for the gym, etc?  

Empty bottles are allowed.

They contain nothing Princess sells.

4 hours ago, happycruiserco said:

Thanks for posting official verbiage.  Can we bring our empty plastic

water bottle which I use for the gym, etc?  

That's exactly what I intend to try?

We also use them to take water to the beach & then dispose of them. 

2 hours ago, pms4104 said:

I think the Issue is more single-use plastic than what's in the bottle.

In that case maybe they should ban any item a passenger has in a single use plastic container, even if not bottle shaped.

2 minutes ago, caribill said:

In that case maybe they should ban any item a passenger has in a single use plastic container, even if not bottle shaped.

has Princess banned themselves from selling single use plastic water bottles ? - I know there were some postings about water in cardboard containers with resealable lids ?

It's face it, Princess has banned bringing on of plastic bottles to keep down the smuggling of liquor. It involves lots of checking by security & from what I've seen, they don't have the time to check every bottle.

I'm surprised they haven't stopped the allowance of wine carried abroad (like HAL) since it makes for easy smuggling. 

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

has Princess banned themselves from selling single use plastic water bottles ? - I know there were some postings about water in cardboard containers with resealable lids ?

We will not know until Princess sails again.

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

That's exactly what I intend to try?

We also use them to take water to the beach & then dispose of them. 

6 hours ago, pms4104 said:

I think the Issue is more single-use plastic than what's in the bottle.

We get the starter water package and re-fill bottles from the tap for a while.  At least we get more than a single use out of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

Princesses environmental page says by the end of 2021.

https://www.princess.com/aboutus/environmental-responsibility/

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 9:21 AM, voljeep said:

Based on pax's pix, it would seem not ... during the pause, I believe Princess was trying to source replacements, but I don't believe they actually implemented a change.