Live from the Majestic Princess - August 8, 2021

azbirdmom

2 hours ago, Donyb said:

Still looking for info on Chef's Table for this cruise. We are on next week and would love to do it.

It's possible to do if there is the demand.  Put your name on list upon boarding the ship by calling Passenger Services or Dine Line.  Follow up by speaking with a Head Waiter or the MD/DRO.

3 minutes ago, USERBOYD66 said:

Thanks, now I am wondering why I can't see signatures.  I did years ago!

It's in your settings....click onyour name in the upper right hand corner, and find account settings, then click on signature, there you will see a toggle switch to view signatures or not.

975170212_ScreenShot2021-08-12at10_23_36PM.thumb.png.19d46dc8c842f214958211e2b7baf128.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m posting it from my iPhone so will try  again from home. 

Her latest message is that they may be late getting into port tomorrow and even with the wind and weather they are loving their cabin. 
She will try again tomorrow in port to post again! 

• Thanks 1

Yay. I can finally get back on. After we left Lamplugh Glacier the wind really started howling. And after we exited Glacier Bay the rocking and rolling started. And I lost access to CC, The Medallion app and my email server but still had access to other apps. Very odd.

The captain came on a couple of hours ago and warned us that it would be rough until around midnight. He said he is trying to get us into Ketchikan on time but only if he can do it safely. Seas are rough and the wind is 28+ MPH and we are heading right into it. This is definitely the wildest weather we are experienced on any of our 7 cruises to Alaska. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, azbirdmom said:

Yay. I can finally get back on. After we left Lamplugh Glacier the wind really started howling. And after we exited Glacier Bay the rocking and rolling started. And I lost access to CC, The Medallion app and my email server but still had access to other apps. Very odd.

The captain came on a couple of hours ago and warned us that it would be rough until around midnight. He said he is trying to get us into Ketchikan on time but only if he can do it safely. Seas are rough and the wind is 28+ MPH and we are heading right into it. This is definitely the wildest weather we are experienced on any of our 7 cruises to Alaska. 

I called guest services over this issue shortly before we hit open sea again. I was told that this happens regularly when the ship heads up into Glacier Bay “due to location.” She assured me it would improve shortly and lo and behold, it did. 

The winds are intense! The swells got to seven to nine feet tall. Everyone walking the halls looks vaguely drunk as they try to navigate the pitch. roll, and yaw. I’m thanking my lucky stars for scopolamine patches. Wild weather. 

50 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Safe travels my friend. Enjoy dinner!!

The Majestic Princess passed to the dark side of the moon today for several hours. Internet access was non existent. I am not even going to try to blog tonight. I started the day in tears at 6am when my mom texted me that she thinks their community will be shutting down soon (part of it already is) due to the Delta variant and I shouldn’t fly to see her next week. 

I hate COVID. 

Anyway, G has a fishing excursion most of tomorrow, so I will have a chance to get caught up then. In the meantime, I will try to upload Patters and my favorite pic from today. Even rainy days offer some priceless views. 

• Like 7