What Sandwich is everyone talking about on Allure?

26 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

When they first started serving the kummelweck, they had a nice au jus, which was really good.  Then, for some reason, they started serving this nasty thick brown gravy, which was truly horrible.

There are several choices including the gravy.

It's a roast beef sandwich on a Kimmelweck roll and RCL's version isn't as tasty as the ones made in Buffalo where they are known as Beef on Weck. Kimmelweck rolls are like a salted hard Kaiser roll with caraway.  

The best one I had on a ship was at the Splendour's Park Cafe up in the Solarium.  Still needing to know where on Voyager this is served for a cruise next year?

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

51 minutes ago, barb in ga said:

My favorite sandwiches from the Park Cafe are the grilled panini. They also have good soup--my fave is the mushroom which is almost as good as Chops.

Barb

My favorite soup is Potatoe Chives

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, harry0 said:

My favorite soup is Potatoe Chives

Dunno who does the soup recipes at RCI, but I don't think I've ever had one I'd rate less than "great."  I make it a point to eat all the soups.  🙂

Edited by mk-ultra
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Same here.  Lots of fat, very chewy, not very flavorful.  Nothing special to me either.

Yep . Overrated in my opinion . Try to get thin slices so you can chew through it .

Lays chips are good . I like the salad bar in Park Cafe too . I usually skip the sandwich line and go directly to the salad bar . They have this honey mustard dressing that i like . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Guess I must be weird.  It’s just a hunk of roast beef on a dry bun. Nothing special about it to me.  

I thought it was OK but the bun let it down.

The Reuben sandwich is better especially if you can get the mustard mayonnaise on it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Found that cafe 270 wasn't nearly as good as the Park Cafe.

We love Park Cafe of course, but we also love the vibe of Cafe 270.  It's not exactly the same, but we love the whole 270 area, the sandwiches they have in Cafe 270, and you can ever get bags of chips (not often seen on a cruise ship) as a snack.  The sandwich was so similar we couldn't tell the difference, but they have some other kinds of sandwiches as well that are also quite good.  Also, as some of mentioned, a good salad bar, but I wonder how much of that will still be available in our new era.

• Like 1