LIVE Geoherb's Solo Cruise on Majestic Princess, August 22, 2021

geoherb

14 hours ago, Purple Galinule said:

Hey! Jean and Glen. It's Mel and Jeanne from Colorado Springs. We are going to be on the Majestic on Sep 19th. Hope to see a bird or two, so let us know what luck you have. We hope you have a GREAT cruise and we will be watching for your posts.

Now I wish we were sailing with you guys.

We’ll let you know what we see.  The forecast is rain all week so the birds might be sheltering.  We’re hoping for the best.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, geoherb said:

The roll call for this cruise has been fairly active, although there's not a meet and greet scheduled for our cruise. I will encourage the other participants on it to post here as well. According to my cursory look at available cabins after people got our cabin assignments, there will be about 400 empty cabins. I'll find out when the Captain's Circle hostess announces the numbers for each level next week.

If anyone books the thermal suite, I would appreciate knowing whether you found it worth the cost.  I believe eve with a cruise-long pass, it is limited to 2 hours per day.

If anyone remembers to look, I would appreciate knowing whether the bars stock Hpnotiq blue liqueur or Curacao blue liqueur.  (We have a blue cocktails list we'd like to sample on glacier days).

Thanks in advance for any info.

• Like 2

I flew on Alaska Air, also a nonstop flight. It left Raleigh-Durham at 7:25 and we made it to the gate before 10. I had forgotten about the tram to take us from one area of the airport to the baggage claim. But it was a quick ride. My suitcase came down the luggage carousel just a minute after I got there. I rearranged things so I would have my bottle of wine in my backpack like Princess requests. It made it safely. My luggage is hard-sided and I wrapped the bottle in a gallon Ziplock bag and a neoprene wine holder plus packed it wrapped inside my sweatshirt. 

There were plenty of Princess reps at the airport to direct us. The first one told me it would be an hour or more before the next bus left. Thankfully she was wrong. I had about a 15-minute wait. They take your checked luggage in cargo trucks and hand out colored slips of paper to let you know which group you're in. I was in the lime group. They were finishing the pink group as I got there, and then there was a purple group. 

Traffic to the port was light. That's a great thing about a Sunday departure. We made it to the port around 11:45. The line for the health screening (allowing them to see our proof of vaccination, Covid test, and health questions) and passports was fairly long. But by the time I made it through there, I went up the escalator for security screening and then directly on the ship. People who did not have their medallions and ones that were in the blue or yellow lanes had to stop to check in.

Cabins were ready when I boarded. I headed to mine, watched the safety briefing, unpacked my backpack and headed down to lunch in the dining room. I requested to share a table. No one showed up for around 5 minutes, so the waiter took my order. I had just started eating my ravioli appetizer when a couple joined me at the table. They were very nice--locals from Seattle. They liked the looks of my ravioli and both ordered that for their appetizers. I had the salmon for my main course. The wife did the same, and the husband had the sliced beef medallions. They both had the souffle for dessert. I had a fruit plate. I try to limit myself to one dessert per day--and I know I'll be getting the flourless chocolate cake tonight.

My minibar setup was ready in my cabin. They must be out of some things. I received two Cokes, two Sprites, two tonic waters, four bottled waters, two Dos Equis beers, and eight Sky vodkas. I have not received the upgraded bathroom amenities. 

There was a paper welcoming me back that included the schedule of Elite events. The Platinum, Elite, and Suite lounge will be 4:30 to 6:30 in the Hollywood Conservatory every night except for when we're in Glacier Bay. The Captain's Circle Party is that evening. The Grapevine wine tasting is tomorrow afternoon at 3.

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, hooked_on_cruising said:

I am also on this cruise.  I believe I met you and your DH on the Crown in 2019.  It was in the Piazza competition for Martinis.  He was also concerned about using the wi-fi calling to be able to stay in contact with his mother.  See you on board tomorrow.  

Tanya from Alabama

It was great to run into you in line this morning. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, CynCyn said:

if possible, can you post pictures of the elusive room service menus?

I'll be looking for them. They're not on the TV. I haven't been able to get them to come up on my phone either. But I'll keep trying.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I bet you’re here at Sea-Tac with us right now!  Have a wonderful time and safe and  healthy travels. I think you wanted the cutoff numbers for MTG and top 3, but DH never got back to Tina to get them. Sorry about that. 

Thanks. I enjoyed the info you posted from your cruises. 

• Like 1

@geoherb  Thanks for checking in.  I am wondering how many will miss this cruise because of Henri?  Linda is currently impacting Hawaii.  Grace left destruction in Mexico.  Time to settle in and enjoy this week.  Sorry the weather will not be as pleasant as the first few cruises.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I bet you’re here at Sea-Tac with us right now!  Have a wonderful time and safe and  healthy travels. I think you wanted the cutoff numbers for MTG and top 3, but DH never got back to Tina to get them. Sorry about that. 

Can you tell me if Princess is doing the most traveled events yet?

• Like 1

Not sure if it has been posted on the previous Live From Majestics, but perhaps some one could stop by the gym and get a copy of the Fitness CLass schedule - Pathway to Yoga, Spin, Boot Camp, TRX, etc. Also, does the Majestic have rowing machines?

Thanks! We cruise in September and that is one of the first things I check out after boarding.

Edited by billco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@geoherb  Thanks for checking in.  I am wondering how many will miss this cruise because of Henri?  Linda is currently impacting Hawaii.  Grace left destruction in Mexico.  Time to settle in and enjoy this week.  Sorry the weather will not be as pleasant as the first few cruises.  

I'm glad Henri stayed east of North Carolina. I hope the people coming from the northeast did not try to fly in this morning like I did. I was willing to take the risk, though, and it worked out for me. I remember one cruise when several people did not make it to Fort Lauderdale in time. We flew down a day early, but our luggage did not make it until the middle of the night. We met a family on that cruise whose luggage did not catch up until St. Thomas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyelash said:

If anyone remembers to look, I would appreciate knowing whether the bars stock Hpnotiq blue liqueur or Curacao blue liqueur.  (We have a blue cocktails list we'd like to sample on glacier days).

They'll definitely have blue curacao on board, but maybe not at every bar.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hooked_on_cruising said:

I am also on this cruise.  I believe I met you and your DH on the Crown in 2019.  It was in the Piazza competition for Martinis.  He was also concerned about using the wi-fi calling to be able to stay in contact with his mother.  See you on board tomorrow.  

Tanya from Alabama

Hey Tanya!  Geoherb told me he saw you while waiting in the rope lines to board the ship!  Enjoy your cruise!  😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

My minibar setup was ready in my cabin. They must be out of some things. I received two Cokes, two Sprites, two tonic waters, four bottled waters, two Dos Equis beers, and eight Sky vodkas. I have not received the upgraded bathroom amenities. 

They still don't have the mini bars worked out yet?  They didn't have scotch or Perrier on our August 8th cruise and the rest was a bit disjointed too. 

IMG_4266.thumb.JPG.2a46fe03617a27acea956754455b6868.JPG

IMG_4267.thumb.JPG.a2bb9230ef0f9f3c8a92ec2fd6a9321d.JPG

And as for the upgraded bathroom amenities all we got was what's in the picture below - no gold bag.  Have a great cruise!

IMG_4262.thumb.JPG.15d19c3d3f25ffd79452d4790faceab0.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billco said:

Not sure if it has been posted on the previous Live From Majestics, but perhaps some one could stop by the gym and get a copy of the Fitness CLass schedule - Pathway to Yoga, Spin, Boot Camp, TRX, etc. Also, does the Majestic have rowing machines?

Thanks! We cruise in September and that is one of the first things I check out after boarding.

There are two rowing machines, but one is out of order. Here are the classes. The ones with asterisks cost extra. I did not write down the footprint analysis, detox seminars, etc.

Day 2
7 a.m. Abs class
8 a.m. Stretch & release
9 a.m. Tour de Cycle*
10 a.m. Yoga*
4 p.m. Pilates*
5 p.m. Total body conditioning
Day 3
7 a.m. Abs class
8 a.m. Stretch & release
9 a.m. TRX Suspension training*
Day 4
7 a.m. Morning stretch
8 a.m. Abs class
9 a.m. Pilates*
5 p.m.  TRX Suspension training*
Day 5
7 a.m. Morning stretch
8 a.m. Abs class
9 a.m. Tour de Cycle*
10 a.m. Yoga*
6 p.m. Total body conditioning
Day 6
7 a.m. Morning stretch
8 a.m. Abs class
9 a.m. Tour de Cycle*
Day 7
7 a.m. Abs class
8 a.m. Stretch & release
9 a.m. Tour de Cycle*
10 a.m. Yoga*
4 p.m. TRX Suspension training*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, geoherb said:

There are two rowing machines, but one is out of order. Here are the classes. The ones with asterisks cost extra. I did not write down the footprint analysis, detox seminars, etc.

Day 2
7 a.m. Abs class
8 a.m. Stretch & release
9 a.m. Tour de Cycle*
10 a.m. Yoga*
4 p.m. Pilates*
Day 3
7 a.m. Abs class
8 a.m. Stretch & release
9 a.m. TRX Suspension training*
Day 4
7 a.m. Morning stretch
8 a.m. Abs class
9 a.m. Pilates*
5 p.m.  TRX Suspension training*
Day 5
7 a.m. Morning stretch
8 a.m. Abs class
9 a.m. Tour de Cycle*
10 a.m. Yoga*
6 p.m. Total body conditioning
Day 6
7 a.m. Morning stretch
8 a.m. Abs class
9 a.m. Tour de Cycle*
Day 7
7 a.m. Abs class
8 a.m. Stretch & release
9 a.m. Tour de Cycle*
10 a.m. Yoga*
4 p.m. TRX Suspension training*

Thanks so much! Looks like most cruises. Hope they get the rowing machine fixed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billco said:

Thanks so much! Looks like most cruises. Hope they get the rowing machine fixed.

We had this on a previous cruise. Is it still available on the Majestic? I'm not so sure they had the location right.

Princess Secrets to a FATTER Stomach Fitness Center.jpg

Edited by milogurd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, milogurd said:

We had this on a previous cruise. Is it still available on the Majestic? I'm not so sure they had the location right.

Princess Secrets to a FATTER Stomach Fitness Center.jpg

No, but every cruise has secrets to  a flatter stomach.

• Haha 3