Non-suite Elite breakfast

lenetere

There have been some cruisers who have been very generous with their time, posting "live from" on their cruises.  But I've not seen anyone who is Elite and not in a suite posting about the breakfast. (of course, may have just missed it!)  If anyone has cruised recently, especially on Equinox, and knows the particulars about the Elite breakfast, could you give some information?  Particularly, I'm wondering if it's continental, or full breakfast.  Do they serve specialty coffee?  What are the hours?

Thanks so much for any info.  Looking forward to my cruise(s) in 2 months!!  Lene

Yes they still have it daily from 8:00 - 10:00.    

It is not a full breakfast but going off memory -   Smoothies, Specialty coffee  - Cappuccino and Latte not sure if they offer others -

Bagels, Rolls, Croissant, pastries,.   Smoked Salmon , Fruit Platter,  Meat and Chees platters Yogurt    

Tell you what I'll do; we may be sailing on Sept 26. We are Elite Plus and not in a suite. We very much enjoy the elite breakfasts. I'll gladly tell you if this perk is still offered. But this is the caveat...we want to go one minute and don't want to the next minute. We have never felt so  unsure about any cruise before, but this one has us worried. However, we are leaning toward going right now, so I'll answer your question if we do go. Or perhaps some kind soul will beat me to it. 

7 hours ago, lenetere said:

There have been some cruisers who have been very generous with their time, posting "live from" on their cruises.  But I've not seen anyone who is Elite and not in a suite posting about the breakfast. (of course, may have just missed it!)  If anyone has cruised recently, especially on Equinox, and knows the particulars about the Elite breakfast, could you give some information?  Particularly, I'm wondering if it's continental, or full breakfast.  Do they serve specialty coffee?  What are the hours?

Thanks so much for any info.  Looking forward to my cruise(s) in 2 months!!  Lene

The Elite breakfast is held in the Tuscan Grill which offers great views.  The menu I would call is an expanded Continental.  Besides some special coffees, there were mimosas, bellinis, sparkling wine and Bloody Marys. Relaxing atmosphere.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, keesar said:

The Elite breakfast is held in the Tuscan Grill which offers great views.  The menu I would call is an expanded Continental.  Besides some special coffees, there were mimosas, bellinis, sparkling wine and Bloody Marys. Relaxing atmosphere.

Agree!

On our last Equinox cruise before lockdown we enjoyed the Elite breakfast on a couple of occasions. The menu was several plated options including a classic continental of cold meats and cheese, a salmon and cream cheese...There was one platter that was a bit of everything, my favourite.

We board Silhouette soon and hope it is the same. Much as we all like a few full breakfasts it is nice to have a lighter option some days in such a pleasant venue.

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

We board Silhouette soon and hope it is the same. Much as we all like a few full breakfasts it is nice to have a lighter option some days in such a pleasant venue.

It is the same. It was our first elite breakfast as we normally cruise Royal Caribbean.

Though I enjoyed it, my husband , who hates cheese and isn't a fan of hams or smoked salmon for breakfast, hated it.  We ended up going up to the buffet afterwards for him to eat.

I felt bad that so much food was wasted and we didn't go again 

Edited by sgmn

Hello,

The only time I have ever had a cooked breakfast at the Elite breakfast was on the Constellation and then it was only scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage in Ocean Liners. The fact the Sue Denning was CD may have been a factor.

What was missing on Silhouette in July was cereals.

Regards,

Cublet

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Agree!

On our last Equinox cruise before lockdown we enjoyed the Elite breakfast on a couple of occasions. The menu was several plated options including a classic continental of cold meats and cheese, a salmon and cream cheese...There was one platter that was a bit of everything, my favourite.

Just back from Silhoutte. Basically as described above but a few changes due to covid. All pre plated with various options. However the the plates are "options" we changed ours to: 1 plate 4 plain croissants, 1 plate smoked salmon with extra cream cheese, 1 x assorted croissants for the boss etc. Assorted jams and the most delicious marmalade. They will make up any combination you like. Also, if you ask nicely you can have toast. If you prefer margarine to butter collect it from the buffet the day before and bring it with you on day 1. Then ask if they will have it for you from the next day. It's a quirk in the system that only butter is automatically added to the Elite breakfast. Choice of smoothies depending on availability - no banana on our cruise.

Very few passengers participated which is a shame - not the great atmosphere you get on Transatlantics - just a pleasant relaxed breakfast with great views out over the stern

We are early risers and wake up hungry so we have a hot breakfast just after 7am. Then I will go to the elite breakfast about 9:30 and relax for a nice coffee and sometimes fruit or cheese. I don't like processed meats and try to avoid pastries while cruising so this limits what I would eat there. I wish they would still bring me goat cheese and a slice of papaya but they no longer have it

3 hours ago, gold1953 said:

We are early risers and wake up hungry so we have a hot breakfast just after 7am. Then I will go to the elite breakfast about 9:30 and relax for a nice coffee and sometimes fruit or cheese. I don't like processed meats and try to avoid pastries while cruising so this limits what I would eat there. I wish they would still bring me goat cheese and a slice of papaya but they no longer have it

Could you please drop off 2 lattes as you come back from breakfast 1. Skimmed milk please. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, lenetere said:

We are Elite members that sailed on the Edge 2 weeks ago.  We were in a concierge balcony & received a whole breakfast menu, with specialty coffees.

4 minutes ago, curtsfan said:

We are Elite members that sailed on the Edge 2 weeks ago.  We were in a concierge balcony & received a whole breakfast menu, with specialty coffees.

Was that because you were Elite?  Or Concierge?  

15 hours ago, chemmo said:

There was one platter that was a bit of everything, my favourite.

That’s the Ultimate Platter, which we had on Silhouette at the beginning of August.

Plenty for 2 people. It was served with a separate cheese platter as I am Dairy Intolerant.We had already shared the food before I took the photo.

EE2EECFE-7E46-4D20-9D1C-4FCA7A22BDA1.thumb.jpeg.82b3bf00d6da990af43a9a809e54fe13.jpeg

On 9/6/2021 at 6:46 PM, Jim_Iain said:

04d6d1ee46ad8feac7cfaa2209f18ef3.thumb.webp.6e444a686beb5bd3e5b07412fc585f58.webp

This is the free elite breakfast at tuscan?

I've never seen this menu and I'm on your 9/5 cruise.

What's a red smoothie?

What's an Omega 3 smoothie?

Edited by fstuff1

On 9/6/2021 at 6:25 PM, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Tell you what I'll do; we may be sailing on Sept 26. We are Elite Plus and not in a suite. We very much enjoy the elite breakfasts. I'll gladly tell you if this perk is still offered. But this is the caveat...we want to go one minute and don't want to the next minute. We have never felt so  unsure about any cruise before, but this one has us worried. However, we are leaning toward going right now, so I'll answer your question if we do go. Or perhaps some kind soul will beat me to it. 

We are also conflicted about our upcoming cruise.  We have  a few weeks to decide????

To OP   We do the Elite breakfast most days.,  can be a buffet which we prefer..with served ( excellent) coffee etc  or sometimes they bring stuff out in little tiered trays..eh.   not a full breakfast but quite enough for us

We have often gone from breakfast in the dining room to the Elite Breakfast and had only croissants, coffee, and a smoothie or mimosa.  

Our dislike of shipboard coffee extends to the point of our bringing instant coffee in addition to tea.  We have found the coffee in Luminae and Elite breakfast to be of our liking but not every day. 

6 hours ago, hcat said:

do the Elite breakfast most days.,  can be a buffet which we prefer.

Not seen a buffet for a number of years, it was the plated version on our Baltic sailing on Silhouette in 2018. Something to do with not being able to serve buffet style in carpeted areas. The brunch in MDR also no longer takes place.

19 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Not seen a buffet for a number of years, it was the plated version on our Baltic sailing on Silhouette in 2018. Something to do with not being able to serve buffet style in carpeted areas. The brunch in MDR also no longer takes 

Buffet on every TA up to 2019. Of course on TA's the numbers having the breakfast tends to be big, often spilling over to Quisine.