I resent the way Royal treats its Junior Suite Guests

adolfo2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

From what I've seen, the suite level cabins are not experiencing reduced capacity.

Now one change is potentially less Pinnacle guests since they also appear to be needing to make reservations on a day to day basis.

The question now is do Pins trump JS pax for those daily reservations 

I've asked that before as well.  Consensus ( from Pinnacles) is yes, JS gets priority.   Sailing B2B on Harmony next month, I think I'll hang out at the CK door just to see the fireworks!  I'm sure there is some entitled passengers who thinks  he/she has priority over everyone. 

M

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, orville99 said:

Empathy is not at issue. However, equity theory is dripping all over the original post. I suggest you go back and re-read it. The OP not only wants full access to CK, but also the Suite Lounge, Suite sun deck, and all of the other Sky class suite benefits. It would be like me demanding all of the Star class benefits when we book a sky class suite. Would I like a Genie, unlimited specialty dining, an unlimited drink package, etc. - sure I would, but I'm adult enough to understand that those perks come at a cost. If you are not willing to pay the piper, don't complain about the tune he's playing.

This exactly.  

Cough it up...or shut it up.  😉 

• Like 5

Sailing in all types of suites and similar type accommodations for 20+ years.

Whether Concierge, Junior, Sky, Royal, Grand and other staterooms on both Celebrity and Royal the differences and extras in each are clearly stated.

Bigger, room(s), better bath or shower, shampoo, better veranda, butlers or concierges and restaurant choices are all part of the stated fares and YOU make the selections from columns A and B. 

Sure, maybe Royal should eliminate the suite part like X did when they added concierge class as a bridge from a regular veranda to a true suite with butler. 

Caveat emptor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

From what I've seen, the suite level cabins are not experiencing reduced capacity.

Now one change is potentially less Pinnacle guests since they also appear to be needing to make reservations on a day to day basis.

The question now is do Pins trump JS pax for those daily reservations 

OK...here is a question for you I had not thought about until now.  Yes, Pinns have to make reservations for dinner...but are they allowed in CK for breakfast and lunch if not in a suite?  

This is one of the most ridiculous posts/complaints I’ve seen recently…

We have sailed in Junior suites and Full suites and both are nice rooms to enjoy on a vacation. The amenities included with these cabins are very clear. If you want full suite amenities, then book one.
Don’t whine about  something you didn’t pay for. No one owes you something.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Remember the old ships when the only way to have a balcony was to be in a junior suite or above? 

On our first cruise (1981 - HAL Veendam NYC to Bermuda) I don't remember there being any balconies - we thought we were in heaven just to get a cabin with a porthole🛳️

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...here is a question for you I had not thought about until now.  Yes, Pinns have to make reservations for dinner...but are they allowed in CK for breakfast and lunch if not in a suite?  

No reservations, but limited capacity from what I can tell

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

There were a few Pins (around 8-10 total) in CK for breakfast when we were on Allure last month. We never ate lunch there but whenever one of us popped in to get a few beers or waters during the day, several of those same pins were still there.

• Like 1

Just now, orville99 said:

There were a few Pins (around 8-10 total) in CK for breakfast when we were on Allure last month. We never ate lunch there but whenever one of us popped in to get a few beers or waters during the day, several of those same pins were still there.

Creatures of habit. I believe there were 90+ on a recent voyage

3 minutes ago, lonestarmikeb said:

The only sweet benefit I care about is the free ice cream that you get with the Ben & Jerry's Sweet, they take that away and I'm rioting. 

I like how you spelled suite.  Makes much more sense the way you listed it.  😉 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

This is a First World problem, but I don’t like the way that “SEA Class / Junior Suite” guests are treated onboard

Did you know that people that pay for sky class on all but the largest ships get no coastal kitchen, get no free Internet, on the whole get few big perks for all that cash? On some ships you can pay for a Royal with basically the same benefits as a JS? It swings both ways. But here’s the thing, you know all of this when you reserve the cabin and always have a choice. I feel that I can’t be aggravated when I knew what I was getting into. 

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Thanks!  We do adore it for breakfast...and then it's hit and miss for lunch for us as well...depending on if we are on a sea day.. .or have other plans.  

Though one of the best times to go to CK for lunch for us...is embarkation day.  Can drop our carryon bags at the door and enjoy a quiet lunch until cabins open.  🙂 

Edited by island lady

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  We do adore it for breakfast...and then it's hit and miss for lunch for us as well...depending on if we are on a sea day.. .or have other plans.  

Harmony lunch after day 4 is a big miss

• Like 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Harmony lunch after day 4 is a big miss

Hmmm...thanks.  We usually like to strike out in the ports for a local's type lunch where we can find it...though not sure how that will work now.  😮 

Still...can always get a salad and a glass of wine in CK for a quiet lunch though.  🙂  I love the tomato soup too.  

8 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Did you know that people that pay for sky class on all but the largest ships get no coastal kitchen, get no free Internet, on the whole get few big perks for all that cash? On some ships you can pay for a Royal with basically the same benefits as a JS? It swings both ways. But here’s the thing, you know all of this when you reserve the cabin and always have a choice. I feel that I can’t be aggravated when I knew what I was getting into. 

On ships without those perks, we always book a JS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

On Oasis now. We have been in Coastal for all three meals on different days and I’m almost sure there have been Pinnacles at every meal. Coastal has been super busy this week as all the suites are full.