New Princess Sphere class ships?

big al

9 minutes ago, SantaFeFan said:

Look at the last room diagram in post #145. There is a separate "cabana" between the main room and the balcony. 

Yes, that’s what I was looking at….apparently there is an adjacent cabana to the cabin in addition to whatever access you might have to deck cabanas. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, billco said:

I agree. Nothing compared to the attention given the Royal Princess years ago. Nevertheless I went ahead and booked a deluxe balcony midship deck 6 for the Barcelona to Rome cruise in February 2024.

Adjsuting Hat GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

way to go bill. Life doesn't stop cruising just because the ship seats 4 K. 

you get em' tiger GRrrrrr

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Westsail32 said:

How is the Disney line for single adults travelling alone?  I just want a good cruise experience and I'm a big Disney fan so I'm thinking of it.  I don't really mind the kids either and I know they have some adult only areas. 

Isn't it Disney that lets passengers bring actual booze aboard?

21 minutes ago, LSGDRG said:

I am looking forward to trying this new ship. I like the idea of a suite restaurant and a dedicated deck space.  I had been thinking of trying NCL's Haven Suites but now I think I would like a cruise on the new Sun Princess

I hope the suite restaurant and bar are designed like the Haven proper where the majority suites are close by. Love that set up! Too bad they don’t have the private pool, hot tubs and sun deck close by, like the Haven, as well. 

5 minutes ago, c-boy said:

Adjsuting Hat GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

way to go bill. Life doesn't stop cruising just because the ship seats 4 K. 

you get em' tiger GRrrrrr

Off Topic Alert

I recently saw one of the saddest things. There was a guy - maybe mid 50's - who looked like maybe a construction worker or something of the sort. Just a regular guy but not real "handsome" or "sexy" or whatever. (Kind of like me...) He was driving a Corvette and his license plate said "IMATIGA". Yep, I'm A Tiger in shorthand. I had to wonder just exactly which women he thought that was going to impress.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

Looks like they didn't get the memo on balconies being too small.

This is the Deluxe Balcony.

deluxe balcony diagram

Mini-Suite a little better though. There's room for a foot stool.

mini suite diagram

And of course the Cabana Mini-Suite is fine.

cabana mini-suite diagram

----

It's interesting that there's no Regular Balcony shown under the cabin types.

==>  One BIG win (FINALLY) among all the stateroom types depicted, including the oceanview and interior cabins:  Sofas (balconies & oceanview) Love Seats (interior) ! 👍

Premium Oceanview:

Premium Oceanview Diagram

Interior:

interior diagram

-----

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DavidsNana said:

I'm wondering how many people know what the "SS Lurline Experience" means.  Except for me and those in my advanced age group!!  I love that comparison!  LOL

1 hour ago, DavidsNana said:

You are one of the lucky still young ones!  I just turned 75 and I know exactly what they mean.  The SS Lurline was a very classy upscale cruise ship in the early days.  Mostly sailing between the mainland and Hawaii.

1 hour ago, losfp said:

I had it on in the background while getting the kids ready for school. Underwhelming presentation, but it's always really hard to translate the energy in those outdoor events to a video.

The new ship looks nice, but I don't love the move to bigger and bigger ships. Our favourite Princess cruises have been on the smaller ships - Star and Diamond. I wonder if this is to differentiate them from HAL, which is otherwise a similar-ish line under the Carnival umbrella.

If that's the case, I may look to a different line like HAL for our planned 2027 Alaska trip (IMO the smaller ships shine in that destination).

The Matson Lines:  SS Lurline and the SS Matsonia were cruise ships that went between the West Coast and Hawaii starting in the 1050's (one way) to the early '70s.  Boat Days in Hawaii were celebrated in huge fashion.  Those were the glorious days of china, crystal, welcome aboard guests of passengers, coin divers, elegance, and charm.  Throwing a flower lei overboard meant you would return to the islands.  AND Aloha Towers....ah, I miss those days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RSS from SF said:

----

It's interesting that there's no Regular Balcony shown under the cabin types.

==>  One BIG win (FINALLY) among all the cabins depicted:  Love Seats or Sofas!   👍

-----

The press release states all balc cabins will have a sofa. 
The "accomodations" on the Sun Princess page show only "deluxe balc" cabins -- with sofa.  

i'm glad because then we have a place to sit!

• Like 4

USA Today article shows some pricing & times to book…guess the cost is for a 7-day cruise.

Travelers can purchase tickets for the ship's first three trips beginning Sept. 16 at 3 p.m. Eastern time, and a special booking window for Princess Elite members runs from Sept. 15 at 5:30 p.m. through Sept. 16 at 3 p.m. Eastern.

Prices for a February 2024 round-trip sailing from Rome start at $1,999 for an interior room based on double occupancy with the Princess Standard package. That includes "accommodations, dining, and entertainment," according to the line's website.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2022/09/15/princess-cruises-sun-princess-ship-debut-2024/10386818002/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The Matson Lines:  SS Lurline and the SS Matsonia were cruise ships that went between the West Coast and Hawaii starting in the 1050's (one way) to the early '70s.  Boat Days in Hawaii were celebrated in huge fashion.  Those were the glorious days of china, crystal, welcome aboard guests of passengers, coin divers, elegance, and charm.  Throwing a flower lei overboard meant you would return to the islands.  AND Aloha Towers....ah, I miss those days.

My father was a passenger on the Lurline to Hawaii - 1942 - but he didn't have to pay any money for the trip.  Many years later I asked him to join us on a cruise.  He said "been there, done that" and declined.