Taking distancing seriously on millennium — no meetings

cruisestitch

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Not surprising.  I have read no  Chef’s Table,  no backstage, galley or other tours of the ship either.

We went to the Chefs Table on the Edge in August, but definitely no tours of the ship were available nor were there any organized meetings like the OP referenced either. 

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We went to the Chefs Table on the Edge in August, but definitely no tours of the ship were available nor were there any organized meetings like the OP referenced either. 

How was the Chef's Table? I have it booked on Equinox in November. How many people? Menu? Wine pairings, where they extra cost with premium bev package? Details please.

• Like 1

I also am posting from the Millennium. Shore Excursions is indeed offering the “Inside Access Behind-the-Scenes” ship tour.  It is tour #XZ95 and is priced at $99 per person.  We are in a suite so I asked one of the Retreat managers about it.  Apparently they are carefully timing the amount of time spent in each location and major bridge officers will not be on the bridge.  We took a version of this tour several years ago when we had a significant amount of non-refundable OBC to burn, and one aspect of the tour we took was that the passengers could ask question after question.  We didn’t move onto the next site until folks’ questions were fully answered.

In addition to some of the meetings mentioned by “cruisestitch” which are not scheduled for this cruise I am not aware of any of the backstage tours offered as a Captain’s Club perk nor am I aware of any of the free galley tours.

2 hours ago, go.without.you said:

How was the Chef's Table? I have it booked on Equinox in November. How many people? Menu? Wine pairings, where they extra cost with premium bev package? Details please.

All I'm going to say is that for us the Chef's Table is pretty much one and done thing. I'm sure we are in the minority on this, but we did not have a great experience. Not for $135 pp plus $60 pp for the wine pairing. There was just too much rich food, to include two entrees, for us as we are in our late 60s and our stomachs are just not as tough as they used to be, especially since we've been eating home cooked meals for the past 18+ months. The food was delicious, just way too much.

Perhaps groups like  Friends of Bill  that have a real need to meet beyond pure sociablity could do something outside in a semi pvt area..

We took the all acces tour..some areas were in tight confined spaces...

Just off Silhouette, they are not arranging any group events. No tours at all, no Captain Club events other than the wine tasting where they were restricting numbers. No events in the Retreat lounge, no meet the officers or music. Even the usual suite helipad sail away was not happening.

We did miss these events/activities, even after many cruises they are usually very enjoyable. However, we knew this was likely to be the case and accept that Celebrity’s present priority is maintaining social distancing to keep us all safe…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

We did miss these events/activities, even after many cruises they are usually very enjoyable. However, we knew this was likely to be the case and accept that Celebrity’s present priority is maintaining social distancing to keep us all safe…

I agree. I also think it could be quite some time until we return to normal service. But needs must. :) 

8 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

I agree. I also think it could be quite some time until we return to normal service. But needs must. 🙂

Yes, would rather cruise and cruise safely with some restrictions rather than not cruise at all…

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Ok, I'm going to be cynical. They are taking social distancing seriously and not having meetings of any kind, but they'll take $99 from you and give you what appears to be a less than full experience of a ship tour. 🤔

Phil 

Different ships (perhaps owing to location) seem to be taking things more seriously than others. Silhouette was taking things seriously. No behind the scenes tours at all, not even private ones that higher suites sometimes get offered.

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Different ships (perhaps owing to location) seem to be taking things more seriously than others. Silhouette was taking things seriously. No behind the scenes tours at all, not even private ones that higher suites sometimes get offered.

That wasn't the point I was making though. 

Phil 

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Ok, I'm going to be cynical. They are taking social distancing seriously and not having meetings of any kind, but they'll take $99 from you and give you what appears to be a less than full experience of a ship tour. 🤔

Phil 

Or a crowded excursion bus with unmasked pax on board!

But perhaps risk assessment comes into play??

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 2:31 PM, Northern Aurora said:

I also am posting from the Millennium. Shore Excursions is indeed offering the “Inside Access Behind-the-Scenes” ship tour.  It is tour #XZ95 and is priced at $99 per person.  We are in a suite so I asked one of the Retreat managers about it.  Apparently they are carefully timing the amount of time spent in each location and major bridge officers will not be on the bridge.  We took a version of this tour several years ago when we had a significant amount of non-refundable OBC to burn, and one aspect of the tour we took was that the passengers could ask question after question.  We didn’t move onto the next site until folks’ questions were fully answered.

In addition to some of the meetings mentioned by “cruisestitch” which are not scheduled for this cruise I am not aware of any of the backstage tours offered as a Captain’s Club perk nor am I aware of any of the free galley tours.

Any bingo games?  When I was on the Equinox in August, there were no bingo games.

Interesting to hear as I will be on Millennium next week.

Just came off Equinox and they had all the meetings you listed with the exception of the Cruise Critics Connection party.    CC members had their own meeting.

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting to hear as I will be on Millennium next week.

Just came off Equinox and they had all the meetings you listed with the exception of the Cruise Critics Connection party.    CC members had their own meeting.

We are getting on Millie today. Friends have the Chef's Table booked. 

On 10/1/2021 at 9:10 AM, bigbenboys said:

We are getting on Millie today. Friends have the Chef's Table booked. 

Glad to hear you are on Millie ---   any information of things like who the Captain is etc would be interesting to hear.   We board in San Diego on 10/11.    After looking at schedules it looks like Millie may be sailing empty from Seattle to San Diego.