Main Dining Entrees

tjcletzgo

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Wow, I've had the exact opposite every time.  I order it every cruise when it's on the menu, and it's always been delish!

Edit: not trying to say that you didn't have a bad experience -- just pointing out that it's not one of those things that is always bad.

Yes any restaurant can have a bad dish now and then.  I LOVE roast turkey and I was so disappointed.  Glad to know it might have been an aberration.  I will give it another try.  Not like I can’t get something else if it’s bad again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BeagleAgility said:

I was wondering if they served Beef Wellington. Was that a special for one night or was it available every night. I will be on the Allure in December so I will look for it.

It was selection for one night.  Your first night in MDR ask your head waiter if the chef can make you beef wellington.

Passengers that have sailed this summer are not seeing on the menu but we definitely had it on our last  cruise in 2020 on Serenade so hopefully they can make it as a special request.

6 hours ago, dv70 said:

I had the beef wellington on our 6nt Adventure New Years cruise 2019-2020. It was available on formal night.

I don't think I've ever seen beef wellington offered and we've been cruising RCI for about 13 years.  I do not remember seeing it on any cruise. It may have been a special menu for NY.

3 hours ago, lauren0309 said:

The lobster tails are good but small. Make sure to ask for 3. My waitress had to go back to get me more out of the kitchen.

Three?? I thought I was being greedy when I asked for two on our recent Harmony cruise 😁

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Three?? I thought I was being greedy when I asked for two on our recent Harmony cruise 😁

Oh we all plan on AT LEAST 4!!  Those are some small tails.  Although I never thought of the surf & turf option.  HMMMM.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, poocher said:

Oh we all plan on AT LEAST 4!!  Those are some small tails.  Although I never thought of the surf & turf option.  HMMMM.

I actually liked the tenderloin better than the lobster . But how can you refuse a lobster tail . I think the waiter brought me two tails also on the same plate if i recall correctly.

I'm glad to hear so many enjoy the MDR food.  It may have just been the ships we've been on or just a rough patch with RCL, but we stopped eating the MDR some time ago.  We had one ship that we enjoyed the MDR since (and it was quite good then!)

That said, we always find a way to get some escargot.😀