The Daily for Saturday October 02, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@bennybeardo you know how long ago it was that you took those photos?  The Scots Kirk clock and belltower look so nice and clean.  Must have been before Ivan destroyed so much of the town.  I read that the church was destroyed but the bell tower survived.  Here's your photo:D74BDE31-6852-4807-AA6A-C988B257E8F1.jpeg

This is it in 2015.  Look at all the dirt on those bricks.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-kP0E1YTlMFpQeB3iiwpH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427213215

Yikes what a difference!  I had to look it up, end of November in 2015.  I wonder if my photo is after it was fixed up? 

• Like 10

Our friend Kakalena could use our prayers again. She had some kind of a medical problem and is currently in the hospital for observation and testing.

Thanks for all the photos of Greneda. Looks like a beautiful island. Does anyone remember why President Reagan had to send troops there many years ago?

All of my vehicles have been named George. Why? Who knows, that is just a short easy name to call them.

Jane

• Like 15
  • Thanks 9

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Thanks for the recipes. I like Cajun/Creole. I got to eat once at Prudhomme's restaurant while at a convention in NOLA.

Ok, I am now officially jealous. Color me green.🤑

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Yikes what a difference!  I had to look it up, end of November in 2015.  I wonder if my photo is after it was fixed up? 

So you saw it after I saw it in February?  Either someone cleaned it up, or some sides stayed cleaner than others.  You know, like how moss grows on the north side of the tree?  😁 

• Like 9

Good afternoon, I'm late, and expecting DS and Oskar for a farewell hug.   It's nice day here today, after pouring-down rain yesterday.  It was haircut day for me, and on the way home we stopped and bought swimming goggles - my hairdresser said that would be better than face shields on the long flights, so now we have both and will see what everyone else is doing.  I seem to be able to wear my glasses over the swim goggles, so that might be a good way to go.  But each added item is making my ears stick out more!

Birthdays and anniversaries - wonderful, congratulations are in order!  And more fish and chips, yum!  Chief is lucky, I wonder if he ever mixes up the DW and DSIL?  

Our indigenous Garry oak trees have been very stressed this year.  They are used to our dry summers,  but the terrible, long-lasting heat of the heat dome that visited us in July has meant they are having a near-death experience, and making many, many huge acorns.  We keep cleaning them up and then more fall.   They have pretty well shredded my nicotiana.

IMG_5881.thumb.JPG.da9d85878056899f5483dd02df0f5f60.JPG

• Like 20

1 hour ago, kazu said:

YAY 👍 CC seems to be working fine today.  I’m back to using safari on my Ipad.  (I hope I didn’t jinx myself).

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I have always used my Android mobile phone to post and so far had no issues 🤞🙏

Graham.

Well, I definitely jinxed myself.  😞 

I am back on Chrome and it won’t even let me like posts.

Safari is doing the stuff it was before.  This is nuts 🥵

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Good afternoon all! The gremlins may/ may not let me post today. We shall see! We have a good selection of days today. Frugal is good, if it’s used to get the most for your money instead of denying yourself a good life. Jambalaya sounds good. The night before last I was at a friends for dinner. Her DH had just returned from Nova Scotia with a big cooler chest of seafood, and made us scallops and creamed lobster for dinner. Yum!

In 2018 we visited St. George’s Grenada on the Princendam. It was lovely, and I really enjoyed visiting the spice plantations. The pictures are on a hard drive somewhere, so I’m enjoying reliving a great day through the posted ones. Thank you!

Two days ago was National Truth and Reconciliation Day. After reading, and watching videos of residential school survivors, I took a walk in the woods to contemplate life a little. This fellow was lying in a clearing watching me. He’s considerably bigger than the bucks I usually see here. He just stared at me, making no effort to either run or charge. In the post rain mist, he looked like he was a construct of the grasses and trees around him. I’ve never seen him here before, and don’t really expect to see him again. 
E27A3293-6484-4B7A-A86C-1DDCE0A7A110.thumb.jpeg.2633e21851a04ff6245014177d3a758f.jpeg

Between the CC gremlins, and DH reconfiguring our internet system, my post time is limited. 
Happy Saturday imagining yourself aboard a BHB.

284FF69E-2010-4A08-8141-64AE3D9288AE.thumb.jpeg.0d505486a42d237d029710ba0f14d1b2.jpeg

• Like 26

1 hour ago, lazey1 said:

Our friend Kakalena could use our prayers again. She had some kind of a medical problem and is currently in the hospital for observation and testing.

I am so sorry to hear this.  She is really having a tough time.  I admire her fortitude.  My prayers have been with her all along 🙏

• Like 18

On board, unpacked and welcomed graciously. First thing we noticed since August is no self service in Neptune Lounge. Whether that’s permanent or temporary not sure. Been busy learning how to operate all the switches in Pinnacle.

Beautiful bouquet to welcome us. Very pretty day in Seattle.

image.thumb.jpeg.ec26a73e115fc203b605db9f70d548f5.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lazey1 said:

Thanks for all the photos of Greneda. Looks like a beautiful island. Does anyone remember why President Reagan had to send troops there many years ago?

All of my vehicles have been named George. Why? Who knows, that is just a short easy name to call them.

Jane

Our prayers 🙏 are being sent for Kakalena.

Graham.

• Like 12

Just now, aliaschief said:

On board, unpacked and welcomed graciously. First thing we noticed since August is no self service in Neptune Lounge. Whether that’s permanent or temporary not sure. Been busy learning how to operate all the switched in Pinnacle.

The bouquet in the cabin Is a nice touch.

Best wishes for a fabulous cruise.

Graham.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good day and thanks  to all!   Mr Truck and Pearl say hi!  
My father was very frugal as he grew up in the Great Depression,  so I’ve learned from him.  But lately I’m having fun spending money, can’t take it with you.  Might as well enjoy what we have within reason.   We started doing more birdwatching which one would think of as a frugal endeavour, until one buys professional cameras, lens, binoculars …..
We visited Grenada a while ago so a few photos.

67462648-F266-41E0-B7C7-FBD2B6C38B3D.jpeg

DEA22992-9A7A-44FD-BFC0-C61C02539728.jpeg

D691D4F1-D009-4181-B0D4-D69FA005645F.jpeg

2B7CA33C-0B75-4381-BD5B-0109900AA6ED.jpeg

D74BDE31-6852-4807-AA6A-C988B257E8F1.jpeg

8209068D-EF3A-4C72-B39F-43F3E232AC36.jpeg

09FEA630-1C56-4D14-85D5-25B83951624D.jpeg

Love the photo of the Thomson Celebration 🎉 Did you know she was the old Noordam from the mid 80’s ?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

So if I want to order it I ask for a 0010 Martini?  It sounds good, I like a good Vodka Martini, I just don't order them very often.

Yep, just belly up to the bar and ask for a Double “Oh” Ten Martini.  Hope you like it!  Remember, it has both gin and vodka in it.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Prayers for Kakalena. She's been through so much.

51 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

On board, unpacked and welcomed graciously. First thing we noticed since August is no self service in Neptune Lounge. Whether that’s permanent or temporary not sure. Been busy learning how to operate all the switches in Pinnacle.

Nice flowers, and have a fabulous cruise!

• Like 13

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So you saw it after I saw it in February?  Either someone cleaned it up, or some sides stayed cleaner than others.  You know, like how moss grows on the north side of the tree?  😁 

Yes,  I think hurricane Ivan was ten or so years earlier.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Well, I definitely jinxed myself.  😞 

I am back on Chrome and it won’t even let me like posts.

Safari is doing the stuff it was before.  This is nuts 🥵

I’ve been having problems all day and even on the desktop. I forgot to log out on Safari on my iPhone earlier but so far it’s okay. Never can predict it though. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kb4683 said:

Yep, just belly up to the bar and ask for a Double “Oh” Ten Martini.  Hope you like it!  Remember, it has both gin and vodka in it.

Ooooh, I forgot that part. 😉 I still might try it but I’ll wait until after dinner just in case. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks to everyone for all the Daily news, and photos.

A grey misty day, expecting rain.

@kazugreat cartoons, thank you.

@kplady Happy Birthday to your DH.

@grapau27  which lake were you visiting for lunch?

@Crazy For Catshope you manage to get rid of the mice.

@rafinmdRoy, thanks for your reply yesterday, home maintenance is important.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks to everyone for all the Daily news, and photos.

A grey misty day, expecting rain.

@kazugreat cartoons, thank you.

@kplady Happy Birthday to your DH.

@grapau27  which lake were you visiting for lunch?

@Crazy For Catshope you manage to get rid of the mice.

@rafinmdRoy, thanks for your reply yesterday, home maintenance is important.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Lake Windermere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1