Hawiian Shirts

I don’t have any Hawaiian-styled shirts, or any regular shirts for that matter, all of my shirts fit into the category of “not normal” wear. LOL 

I’ll still be taking them on the ship…bringing 14 of them for a 7-night cruise so I can change out for the evening into something more “formal-ish”…

542D939D-B156-491C-9201-57E3ECBE68CA.jpeg

73901888-1C7B-4313-8D31-29219FEAFDF1.jpeg

C4E47BEB-3C2A-49AF-ADCE-B62C495DFC7E.jpeg

D89708B4-0823-422B-9819-50CE003C0A74.jpeg

Edited by matt1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

12 night Anthem cruise in December.  I'm going to do it with just a carry-on.

1 Dockers, 1 Walking shorts, 3 Polo shirts.  1 t-shirt, 1 swim trunks.  I'll wear the other pair of long pants and a dress shirt on the plane.  Laundry service is cheaper than airline extra bag charges.  The attire suggestions for dinner are equivalent to dress-up-day at grade school.  I didn't do it then, and 60 years later, I'm not going to start.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Beautiful collection!  You need more paisley.  🙂

I actually do have a few, and in total there’s about 65 shirts, so not all of them are pictured. Get LOTS of compliments at work on them. 🥰 Plus I’m driving to the port, so no worries about luggage weight, etc. 

😁

Edited by matt1
  • Like 1

Gee, you've got me thinking that I should maybe pack more than one shirt, which means I'll have to use something other than a WalMart shopping bag for luggage...nuts!  On a positive note, my wife won't be so embarassed when we check in...I guess.

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Not a fan of the novelty button down shirts- My DH had a few 20 years ago- now garbage. 

I wore pullover Polo shirts for the LONGEST time, until one day at Walmart, several times at the local mall, and once while eating out, I saw someone else wearing the exact…same…. shirts that I had on. And they looked worse in it than I did. LOL It was on that day when I decided that wouldn’t ever happen again. Ever. My shirts brighten a lot of people’s day, and working in a hospital environment, that’s definitely important. 😁 Plus, I love my shirts, and I don’t own any plaid or camouflage. And in West Virginia, that’s something to say. 🤣 

Edited by matt1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, enidcruiser said:

Do we need our Hawiian shirts for one night at dinner?

We're going on the Liberty.

We wore ours on the first day. We got so many compliments and set the tone for our cruise. My hubby ordered me one and I bought him one- we didn’t show each other until the first day it was so much fun! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, matt1 said:

I’ll still be taking them on the ship…bringing 14 of them for a 7-night cruise

I actually like those. They are different. I like the bowling shirt look ones. Where did you find those?

I have a bunch of Tommy Bahama shirts. They are great but wrinkle very easy. Trying to find something comfortable, non wrinkled, that can be worn out not tucked in.

My husband had a great collection of tropical shirts he bought during our travels.  His favorites were cotton shirts he found in a clothing store in Fiji on a cruise.  He liked the more "conservative" prints in tans, whites, and blacks.  He bought 6 because they were about $15 each, and this store had a 2XLT size, and he could never find the longer lengths to fit him in many ports.  He wore them every night except formal night.

When he passed away I donated them to the food bank free "closet" in Elk Grove, CA, where it's very hot in the summer/fall.  Some guy got a great wardrobe.