The Daily for Wednesday October 06, 2021

richwmn

8 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

@grapau27 Graham,

Haven’t seen any pizza photos from you recently so thought I would share ours from lunch today 😁.  (I really do enjoy your meal photos.)29E5E287-1BDA-4952-B062-436BC0EA718B.thumb.jpeg.59b010aac965caaab6f6d238ef88f8d5.jpeg

E1230C89-C151-4513-8ACF-671E36C32507.thumb.jpeg.b347a46cb86eee76948fa72265fba754.jpeg

Kay

Thanks Kay.

Nice Pizza's.

This was our pizza's on Monday at Gretna Retail Outlet in Scotland.

Graham.

IMG_20211004_121113.jpg

IMG_20211004_121107.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good evening. Thanks for the Daily.

Interesting days. I'm not a kale fan, although kale chips aren't too bad.

I like the quote.

I like the meal and wine. I'll pass on the cocktail. I'll be having a big salad with grilled chicken tonight.

I haven't been to today's port.

I started out today with another doctor's appointment. Then stopped at the grocery store on the way home. Half the day was gone with all that. It's warm here, with occasional showers.

We had 471 new Covid cases in the last 24 hours, just when I thought numbers were trending down. Sigh. Our county health department director was just on TV talking about misinformation being a big cause of vaccine hesitancy.

@Sea Viewer That looks relaxing!

@ger_77 Have a safe trip and enjoy the time with family.

@mamaofami Sorry about the issues with the aides.

@aliaschief It sounds like you're having a grand time.

@NextOne Bon Voyage!

@jimgev Oh, I love new appliances! 🙂

@lindaler Of course you're excited! I would be too.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe and wear your mask.

• Like 15

50 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

OMG I could go for those pizzas as our dinner tonight!  Mouth watering...😛

Sandi,

We did bring home a box, probably either lunch or dinner tomorrow 👍.  Tonight will be salad 🙃

• Like 10

A very nice day taking a Hal winery tour to Wilson Creek Winery and Mount Palamar Winery. Beautiful venues an some very nice wines.

Each person allowed to bring back a bottle of wine.

So far no one has been checking for wine at security. We hand carried 5 bottles on  in Seattle and brought one to dinner last night. Was very open where we bought it. So far no corkage fee. So not sure what that’s all about.

Sail at 7:00 and then two sea days. Next port Cabo San Lucas.

image.thumb.jpeg.b506078c9ead7fafa90deaa433a248dc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dd8aa6cf78314075fbc99e507096004b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5bff3a7781924949dcb12f8f4ea85535.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8878688213a8511f0250bbd4ca16cd29.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.274fe6d62b0eef5f74d0f2e467d21b5a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0dba36ff5405d1f7f99b94eba9a6943a.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

We had 471 new Covid cases in the last 24 hours, just when I thought numbers were trending down. Sigh. Our county health department director was just on TV talking about misinformation being a big cause of vaccine hesitancy.

I wonder if the number of cases is the best indicator. I tend to look a little more at the positivity rate and if the rate is low think the number may be due to better identification of new cases, which might be especially relevant in the school setting.

Talk about vaccine hesitancy.  We just had an arrest of a guy who murdered his mother, brother, and sister in law.  Turns out the reason was he was convinced his brother, a pharmacist, was poisoning people by giving them Covid shots.  Talk about mis-information.  How crazy can you get!

Roy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

We just had an arrest of a guy who murdered his mother, brother, and sister in law.  Turns out the reason was he was convinced his brother, a pharmacist, was poisoning people by giving them Covid shots.  Talk about mis-information.  How crazy can you get!

OMG Roy. That is beyond crazy and so sad 😭 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I wonder if the number of cases is the best indicator. I tend to look a little more at the positivity rate and if the rate is low think the number may be due to better identification of new cases, which might be especially relevant in the school setting.

Talk about vaccine hesitancy.  We just had an arrest of a guy who murdered his mother, brother, and sister in law.  Turns out the reason was he was convinced his brother, a pharmacist, was poisoning people by giving them Covid shots.  Talk about mis-information.  How crazy can you get!

Roy

I read that this afternoon.  He definitely had mental health issues.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

That data isn't in the daily text report I get, but I just went online to the county health department. The week of July 4th the positivity rate was 1.3%, and started rising afterwards to the current 7 day average of 6.5%.

I hadn't heard about that incident but that guy was obviously delusional.

• Like 6

That, combined with rising numbers is really scary.  Maryland numbers remain high but our positivity rate keeps going down, from 5.% plus in mid-August to 3.9% today.

The killer drove halfway across the state to murder his brother (in my county).  We are one of the best in the state with 2.65% today.  He lives in a rural county that's not doing so well at 7.6%.  I suspect environment does affect his lunacy.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

That, combined with rising numbers is really scary.  Maryland numbers remain high but our positivity rate keeps going down, from 5.% plus in mid-August to 3.9% today.

The killer drove halfway across the state to murder his brother (in my county).  We are one of the best in the state with 2.65% today.  He lives in a rural county that's not doing so well at 7.6%.  I suspect environment does affect his lunacy.

Roy

Gosh Roy, what a tragedy. Crazy shooting here in Texas school today. World is going to hell in a hand basket..

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I am definitely not on board with the today's. Had never heard of Come and Take It, have never been able to tolerate having a hat on my head, intensly dislike kale, the drink of the day doesn't appeal and neither does the wine. The cider glazed chicken however sounds good as long as someone else cooks it.

I finished packing my clothing a little while ago, will complete the HAL questionairre tomorrow then take the Covid test on Friday.  I still have to figure out if I can get my daily meds plus and adt'l 2 weeks of meds, plus my jewelry, plus my cell phone, and so forth and so on crammed into 1 carryon.

I am also excited to be going on a cruise Sunday, meeeting Sharon and Linda for the first time. Keeping fingers crossed for a negative Covid test; it is hard to believe this is happening

Jane

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thanks  for all the daily news, photos and humour.

It's definetly springtime with the arrival of Asparagus in the shops. Bought some this morning, not fond of kale.

We have a pleasant sunny day, 17 C.

@kazu sorry to hear that your plans for thanksgiving are changing because of the rising number of covid cases 

@ger_77 safe travelling tomorrow,  enjoy the time with your family.

Hope all the CC members who are about to board a BHB will have a fabulous cruise.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

That is very very sad, so much mis-information around, we are hearing strange reasons why people are reluctant to be vaccinated.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, what a tragedy.  So much tragedy because of misinformation.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, kb4683 said:

FB_IMG_1633468270539.jpg

Not quite in time for DH, who had polio in 1953.  Spent 2 years in the hospital, and had many surgeries.  Since grade 8, he has been fine. Until last week, when back issues caused leg issues, and now his leg will not hold his weight.  Not sure what the future will bring.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, Tbay said:

Not quite in time for DH, who had polio in 1953.  Spent 2 years in the hospital, and had many surgeries.  Since grade 8, he has been fine. Until last week, when back issues caused leg issues, and now his leg will not hold his weight.  Not sure what the future will bring.

So sorry to hear this.  Prayers for your DH 🙏🏻 

People need to realize how lucky we are to have vaccines and so sad that he could not get his in time 😢   

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tbay said:

Very sorry to hear that.  My late BIL also had polio as a child.  He did not die as a result of the polio.

Edited by kb4683
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tbay said:

So sorry to hear this.  I pray something can be done.

Roy

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Tbay said:

So sorry to hear your husband is having leg and back issues.

Prayers 🙏 are sent for his recovery.

Graham.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Tbay said:

Adding my prayers that some medical advancement can help your DH. 

• Like 3