The Daily for Saturday October 09, 2021

richwmn

50 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

@Seasick Sailorand @Quartzsite Cruiser...I did something really dumb with my photos.  I had prints made in order to put together travel scrapbooks.  And then I deleted the photo files because I was just too darn stubborn to pay the extra Apple fee for more storage.  While I love my scrapbooks, there is nothing left to send to people or post on a nice thread like this one.  On rare occasions, I'll take a picture of a picture and post that, but of course quality is very poor that way.

So folks at home, treasure those photo files.  You never know when you will want or need them.

In other news, super excited to be stepping on the beautiful Koningsdam tomorrow with a a few of my sweet Daily friends.  😍   As usual, I'm totally disorganized because we're not having to fly to meet the ship.  Extra suitcases, hanging bags, superfluous wine...it's all strewn around the house.  But the weather is beautiful today in San Diego for those arriving in town.  👍

Okay...back to packing.  Wishing all a lovely afternoon/evening.  

Many thanks to our Daily contributors.  🛳️

It will all come together 😉. Have an absolutely wonderful cruise 🙂 

• Like 8

4B0E6A15-9F11-4921-8945-F93E69DB2D82.thumb.jpeg.ca14aa77ef9e03494f07beeb10fb3a57.jpegGood morning everyone and thanks for today’s report.  Curious events sound fun, fire prevention is important, I received my Smokey the Bear fire prevention badge in the fourth grade. Leif Erikson opened the world to Europeans. The pork chops sound delicious.  We’ve been to Quebec City on both land trips and on the Veendam, what a magical place.  Today is packing up and driving home, it’s been a great week here on the Cape.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today!

• Like 20

Quebec City is one of Holland America's highest rated ports.  The S class ships that were doing the Boston to Montreal itinerary were able to clear the bridge at Quebec, but the Vista class and larger cannot.  I have been there on the Maasdam and Veendam, and have enjoyed being docked at the old city underneath the Hotel Frontenac.   A favorite of mine as well.

It looks like 2 weeks until our first Holland America sailaway from Ft Lauderdale on October 23.  The Nieuw Amsterdam will kick off the long delayed season, but I fear it may be a late evening sailing without toots.  

• Like 20

I have been to Quebec several times, always on the blue hulled ships and have a large scrapbook full of photos.  Have stayed at the Chateau Fontenac, fell in love with St. Anne De Bupree and been to Montmorecy Falls, also went on a excursion to a small island with a vineyard where they made ice wine. Too sweet for my taste but DH loved it. . The scrapbooks of all of our cruises were made by my very meticulous late husband, I didn't touch them. Now the scrapbooks are nice and I do take photos on my cell phone but I am basically computer/cell phone illiterate and don't know how to post any.

Finally received my negative Covid test results about 6:30 last evening. My test was at 10 AM but CVS computer was down. Just printed out my airline boarding pass for tomorrow. Packing done, laundry and dishes are done. Neighbor taking me to airport tomorrow and dear BIL will take care of my cats while I am gone. He is also taking me out for dinner tonight, woo woo. So I am ready and finally calmed down for the first time this week. 

Looking forward to meeting Sharon, Linda and Maureen tomorrow evening in the Ocean Bar.

Jane

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Off to the Symphony tonight, first time live in over 21 months.

Roy

Enjoy!  We had socially distanced seating last year with our 2000 seat Mahaffey accommodating 500.   This year, we are requiring masks for all even if vaccinated, but full seating.  The Florida Orchestra opened with The Four Seasons and Beethoveen's 5th, pretty good music!

• Like 15

1 minute ago, lazey1 said:

I have been to Quebec several times, always on the blue hulled ships and have a large scrapbook full of photos.  Have stayed at the Chateau Fontenac, fell in love with St. Anne De Bupree and been to Montmorecy Falls, also went on a excursion to a small island with a vineyard where they made ice wine. Too sweet for my taste but DH loved it. . The scrapbooks of all of our cruises were made by my very meticulous late husband, I didn't touch them. Now the scrapbooks are nice and I do take photos on my cell phone but I am basically computer/cell phone illiterate and don't know how to post any.

Finally received my negative Covid test results about 6:30 last evening. My test was at 10 AM but CVS computer was down. Just printed out my airline boarding pass for tomorrow. Packing done, laundry and dishes are done. Neighbor taking me to airport tomorrow and dear BIL will take care of my cats while I am gone. He is also taking me out for dinner tonight, woo woo. So I am ready and finally calmed down for the first time this week. 

Looking forward to meeting Sharon, Linda and Maureen tomorrow evening in the Ocean Bar.

Jane

YAY on failing the test 😉. Have an absolute fabulous time on your cruise, Jane.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Hello from sunny San Diego!  Look at what is here!

F0ACEE83-E401-48A8-B6FD-A1558D9A8C69.thumb.jpeg.b049fcf9de55cce8233d2e8e5b8a7537.jpeg

Off to lunch at Bencotto!  

5340F3C7-3590-487A-9EA0-73814D2AE10E.thumb.jpeg.83460db5b34644fe2521fc8e7ad5ce53.jpeg

Woo Hoo 🙂. Enjoy 🙂.  I think I’ll pour myself a glass of white to toast you 😉 

• Like 12

Fun day in Cabo. Went on the Salsa & Salsa excursion. Donned our chef hats and aprons, made 5 different salsa and then attempted to dance the Salsa. In between a lot of margaritas were served.

Tenders are being lifted and it was just announced we will have some scenic cruising of the famous Cabo Arches and seals. Bow will be open.

A beautiful day but it was hot riding the tenders. Cooled off in cooler water  in the balcony spa.Tonight is Rudy’s Sol De Mer. Last August it was great.

Tomorrow is a sea day next stop is Puerto Vallarta.

Here’s the trio. Moi and the twins. DW is next to me.

image.thumb.jpeg.7d602f0d5a6ce75876bdb079ed52b41a.jpeg

• Like 23

BOOMER SOONER!!🏈 Even for this match-up, it was a crazy game.

We are on the NS repositioning cruise next October, Quebec City - FLL 🤞

My mother and I did a land (bus) tour of Eastern Canada in 1987, and all the places being mentioned today sound so familiar.  It will be wonderful to be back, for oh so many reasons.

Happy weekend!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Alright, let me grab my glass and join y'all! Cheers!!

58 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

Ok, y’all, I’ll join in, but mine will be a gin & tonic.  Wine later with dinner (8:00 / “main seating” 😉).

Doesn’t mater what we drink (it can even be tea) let’s clink our glasses to the people lucky enough to sail  😃  🥂 clink

• Like 14

Good morning all. It is Sunday morning here and we are supposed to be getting some rain, after a very warm day yesterday. I have been unable to reply to any posts for days now, using the iPad, so hopefully it will work today. Having lived through the terrible fires of 2019-2020,  we spend a lot of time preparing our house and garden for bush fire. DH is a volunteer firefighter and spends hours clearing undergrowth and setting up  hose lines to reach all round the house. We also have sprinklers on the roof. I need to prepare our evacuation kit soon as well. A few photo’s and the ashes of our three dogs, a change of clothes and all our ‘paper  work’ on a memory stick. This time I will remember to pack the masks and some goggles. I left the masks on the kitchen table last time,and sustained an  injury  to my eye from an ember,  because the fire goggles were left behind as well. 

We had a wonderful cruise on the Maasdam from Montreal to Boston, and loved Quebec. 
Best wishes to all.

91F739E3-D34A-443B-836E-778F3759FA86.jpeg

8608F957-0052-4D38-8CB7-A2275BE95CFA.jpeg

AC9532C9-FA57-44E4-A818-23BA036ECE1F.jpeg

E3D683C8-9F37-4756-8C52-72E9CB1E093C.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I had gotten a message saying I needed to buy more space for my pictures on my computer and I put it off and lost many pictures from 2017 to 2020. 

Thanks for the reminder. I also received a message a couple weeks ago my storage being almost full, but couldn’t log in at the time so forgot about it. Just bought more space. 🙂

• Like 5

Hello all on this Sunny Spring Sunday, temperature 16C.

Thanks for all the daily information, recipes, photos and humour.

@cat shepardthanks for the update of your friend in Baltimore, sorry that the has had such a hard time, but hopefully the worst is behind her, best wishes to her for continued improvement.

@mamaofami hope you and Sam manage OK  while waiting for the aide.

@Sea Viewerpleased that you had a good cruise.

@AncientWanderer and @lazey1 hope you all have a great cruise.

@aliaschief you had a good day, did you get to keep the Chef's hat and apron?

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2