"Share" replaced on the Emerald

srpilo

I'm on the first Emerald sailing on Oct 15th, and it has been confirmed on Instagram that "Share" has officially reverted back to Sabitinis. 

** That leaves the Ruby currently in drydock, and curious if Share will be replaced also ? **

Edited by srpilo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pathi said:

I think I read somewhere that the Contract ran out. And they are replacing with Sabatininis.

Curtis Stone signed a 5 yr contract with Princess in 2016.  Princess did not extend the contract, hence SHARE is gone.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Curtis Stone signed a 5 yr contract with Princess in 2016.  Princess did not extend the contract, hence SHARE is gone.  

Yeah .. The unfortunate thing is some fellow cruisers had Share paid reservations right up til two days ago, and were looking forward to the much hyped Share, and overnight were switch back to Sabitinis without notice... Seems that if Princess knew for sometime that they were going to change back to Sabitinis they should have gave notice sooner, why keep it a secret ?

In some respects, classic Princess move

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Curtis Stone signed a 5 yr contract with Princess in 2016. 

In 2016 we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary on the Ruby Princess.  (I'm sure that ladies reading this understand the choice of ships for that event.}  We ordered a UBD for the exact special day, but, since this was our first cruise on a ship with SHARE, we made a point of checking it out.  it so much that we booked as second dinner on that 7-day cruise.  Chatting with staff we heard a story similar to that reported by LAC88,  So, I agree that report has legs.

This news is, of course, disappointing to us.  We like Sabatini's, but felt that SHARE was the best.

Interesting that Princess was still offering SHARE reservations up until a few days ago.  I am sure that they will do right by the people who no longer have these reservations.

I was negotiating to sign a 5 year contract, but alas we couldn’t come to a satisfactory agreement. 

(We didn’t think SHARE offered anything special, YMMV) 

(BTW… Concept was Deep Fried)

Edited by neverbeenhere
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, XBGuy said:

I am sure that they will do right by the people who no longer have these reservations.

Isn't there a clause in the contract that the itinerary can be modified? If so why would they need to compensate by upgrading the specialty restaurants to include 1 Italian restaurant? (My Ruby voyage has Share but no Alfredos or Sabatinis. This change gives me hope)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

(My Ruby voyage has Share but no Alfredos or Sabatinis. This change gives me hope)

What do you mean, which sailing ? If you got to On Board Our Ships and check Specialty Dining for Ruby it now shows Sabatini's. However the graphics for Deck Plan have not been updated, they still show Share. Also there is no Alfredo's on Grand class ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Also there is no Alfredo's on Grand class ships.

The Grand Princess does have Alfredo's.  From recollection, they only serve pizzas, not the pasta nor the salads (unless something has changed in the last couple of years).

43 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The Grand Princess does have Alfredo's.  From recollection, they only serve pizzas, not the pasta nor the salads (unless something has changed in the last couple of years).

Interesting, did not realize Grand and Ruby were different.

49 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Of the original Grand class sized ships, the Sapphire Princess also has an Alfredo's

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I was on the Grand last week. They only serve pizza but you can easily walk over to the IC and get a salad which I did and have it in Alfredo's with your pizza. Both Alfredo's and IC on deck 5 are a stones throw apart so it's easy to do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I was on the Grand last week. They only serve pizza but you can easily walk over to the IC and get a salad which I did and have it in Alfredo's with your pizza. Both Alfredo's and IC on deck 5 are a stones throw apart so it's easy to do.

I have done the exact same thing.  Put in the order then go get salads for DH and I to munch while awaiting our pizza.  Still miss the Agnolotti on the Grand though.