covid test requirement expire 10/31/21??

Islandbuoy

I think the policy will be extended at least as long as the Covid Assistance program is in place.  If I was Celebrity and potentially having to fly Covid + passengers home via a private jet, I would want to make sure they were at least negative when they started the cruise.  I have seen that program extended to Dec 31, 2021; so I'd expect the testing requirement to go that long at a minimum.  

Edited by Team Stag
  • Like 1

I expect it to continue until at least the end of Spring 2022, and likely beyond that.  

I spoke to a Celebrity Rep on Friday, and was told to expect it to be continued, and to plan to upload an image of my vax card when they finally open up check in for my November cruise.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

I expect it to continue until at least the end of Spring 2022, and likely beyond that.  

I spoke to a Celebrity Rep on Friday, and was told to expect it to be continued, and to plan to upload an image of my vax card when they finally open up check in for my November cruise.

I noticed the most recent update for the Celebrity App (on Apple) listed the ability to upload vac documents prior to travel for select ships.  

Although many are just waiting to be able to check in for upcoming cruises but looks like one more area they are trying to get confirmed during the registration process.

Edited by Team Stag

There is no doubt in my mind it will be extended, perhaps indefinitely.  They have a lot to gain and nothing much to lose by continuing the requirement.  People may find it frustrating (make that extremely frustrating now that it is 2 days!!!) but if it's required on other lines as well they won't lose much business at all.

3 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I'm among those who hope it is extended until this whole thing blows over. 

I'm good with having it extended, but I wish they would please, please, please go back to the 3 day requirement.  So much easier for those of us who fly in a couple days early, which is a substantial number.  There is no science to back up the move from 3 days to 2 days that I have ever seen reported.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

There is no science to back up the move from 3 days to 2 days that I have ever seen reported.

No explanation was ever given to the public, nor as far as I know, to any of the lines.  I'm sure  all that sciency stuff would have been too complicated for any of us to understand anyway </sarc>.

Edited by canderson
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Sailing in November.  Just received email from Celebrity…looks like they have extended the test requirement as predicted.

Do you know until when at this point? 

On 10/11/2021 at 5:39 PM, phoenix_dream said:

I'm good with having it extended, but I wish they would please, please, please go back to the 3 day requirement.  So much easier for those of us who fly in a couple days early, which is a substantial number.  There is no science to back up the move from 3 days to 2 days that I have ever seen reported.

Especially for the holiday cruises. I’m not sure how that will all work out . I know there is an at home test but I am not comfortable with that being my only option. So much could go wrong!!! I like backup plans 🤣

41 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Sailing in November.  Just received email from Celebrity…looks like they have extended the test requirement as predicted.

Which cruise?  Haven't seen anything for my Nov 6th Reflection

What CruiseCritic posted in early Sept is the following:

“This new mandate is the latest in a line of changes that have occurred with seemingly little to no notice, based on guidance from the CDC and the changing landscape of COVID-19 brought about by the widespread delta variant.”

Realize some don’t accept CDC guidances as ‘science’, but that’s what CC has passed on, and I’ll stick with CDC and not the Internet as medical guidance. They also said since the 48hr requirement was confusing since it could be counted from actual departure times and so on, they made it 2-days, Not counting the departure day, as stated on the Celebrity website. 

Don’t think even with 3-days I’d go with the no cost tests I can get from a Pharmacy that takes a few days to get back via email. A friend did that and didn’t get anything emailed when they got to the airport for a International flight and had to make flight changes to be able to take a test at the airport and so on. 

The time it took my ‘standard’ COVID tests would have meant I got the results back the morning of departure if I’d taken it 3 days prior. So the quick response tests Celebrity has on their website are what I’m doing. I also ordered backup kits just in case. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1