LIVE/Grand/Oct. 23 - Nov.1, 2021

HBCcruiser

Update on room outlets.

The housekeeping supervisor was in my passageway this morning.  Asked him to come in to my cabin.  Too hard to visually explain.  

All upgraded lamps with us ports are safe for use to charge devices.  My suite has 5 lamps.

The one double outlet by the desk is also 110v (120v?)

The three (3) outlets behind the bed and other desk are 220v (250v?).  An adapter AND a converter for medical devices are needed.  Finally, someone with a correct answer.  If you have one of those black boxes to your device, read it carefully.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Haha that part I know. I’m wondering if I have to disembark at all. It’d be great if I can just stay onboard. 

In Sept, we did a B2B and oddly enough, we didn't test until the 1st or 2nd full day of the 2nd leg of our sailing.  However, protocols were being put in place back then as it was just after the first sailing out and they probably changed it up a bit.  

For our B2B, we were all to meet in the Vista Lounge and once we all gathered there, we were guided through the ship to the exit up by the Princess theater.  We disembarked the ship, went through the terminal and back outside and then through security again.  We were then seated in an area within the terminal and as soon as a zero count on the ship was maintained, we were all guided back onto the ship before any other passengers were allowed to board.  I'd say the whole process took about an hour.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Very interesting observation.  Most of the MDR wait staff are from India.  Jewelry store sales are from India.  Camera department had a few from Serbia and area.  Hmmmmm 

They must have moved people around,  because we had a number of DR staff from Ukraine and Serbia. I think Yalcin is from Turkey. 

42 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Heading to Sabatini’s for dinner. Saw the comedian. He was good!;F74EA6EA-3B75-48EC-8EAD-C9C36440FF17.thumb.png.399f95eaab0d40d1f03f957f5b03dee2.png

New towel critter!!❤️;972B2131-C017-4B20-A72F-F013E0F556B4.thumb.jpeg.c4926b13eab6e11d624f986453ae6aed.jpeg

Carlos Oscar is my favorite Princess comedian.  Disappointed he won't be on the Oct 27th or Nov 1st cruises!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Very interesting observation.  Most of the MDR wait staff are from India.  Jewelry store sales are from India.  Camera department had a few from Serbia and area.  Hmmmmm 

On the Grand, prior to the pandemic, it used to be that most of the MDR staff were from Serbia, a few from Poland. Mexico,  Hong Kong, etc. The Jewellery store sales and camera store were various places in Eastern Europe, bar waiters from India, IC India, the ice cream place Scandinavians, Sabatini's Indian waiters, Alfredo's eastern European waiters.

Edited by brisalta

14 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Haha that part I know. I’m wondering if I have to disembark at all. It’d be great if I can just stay onboard. 

The testing time in the Vista Lounge is before the B2B passengers still on the ship usually need to meet to go through immigration.

So unless immigration is also being done on the ship, you will need to get off at some point.

I am surprised you did not receive a letter addressing procedures for B2B passengers.

13 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

We are on deck 14 in the Grand Suite.  I have no idea which floor that is but it is pretty far down. Empty too. I saw one person in their balcony once. 

I believe that is the Caribe deck....if memory serves that is deck 10. Balconies there are larger and about 50% uncovered.

Doug

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I believe that is the Caribe deck....if memory serves that is deck 10. Balconies there are larger and about 50% uncovered.

Doug

Thanks - I keep thinking of Caribe as covered but forgot about the other half.

6 minutes ago, chamima said:

Thanks - I keep thinking of Caribe as covered but forgot about the other half.

Those Caribe balconies are some of the best on the ship, that's for sure. We used to always book them, but my wife likes having a bathtub, and I like the extra room in the mini-suites, so that's what we book usually with Princess now. We use our balcony 90% for our morning coffee and evening beverage, and much less for laying out in the sun......our wants and needs changed as we got older. 😉

Doug

34 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Those Caribe balconies are some of the best on the ship, that's for sure. We used to always book them, but my wife likes having a bathtub, and I like the extra room in the mini-suites, so that's what we book usually with Princess now. We use our balcony 90% for our morning coffee and evening beverage, and much less for laying out in the sun......our wants and needs changed as we got older. 😉

Doug

We would also like the extra room (not so much the tub) but the last time we had a mini suite the neighbors above us were a little too intrusive.  

I don't like someone commenting on my breakfast, etc. every time I go outside so we've gone back to Caribe where I can stay under the covered part when I  prefer privacy.

I know that there are mini suites with covered balconies on the newer ships and on the Island and Coral so those are great, but not on Grand, Golden, Emerald etc.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, chamima said:

We would also like the extra room (not so much the tub) but the last time we had a mini suite the neighbors above us were a little too intrusive.  

I don't like someone commenting on my breakfast, etc. every time I go outside so we've gone back to Caribe where I can stay under the covered part when I  prefer privacy.

That's just RUDE. Why would they do that?

• Thanks 1