With COVID are the room stewards wearing gloves and changing them to clean each room

15 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

That would be the second thread @goldengirl has done that on today. She started another one, answered her own question (forgot to switch accounts maybe?), and then criticized others who were trying to help. I think you are on to something!

Maybe Beeline created a new account.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

46 minutes ago, BND said:

Funny I've seen a lot of videos of cruises since restart and not a single steward or other crew member was walking around in a hazmat suit.  And, no one on here has said a word about it.

Yes, they have.  On cruises where someone was diagnosed with Covid and was off-loaded from the ship, crew members in hazmat suits sprayed down everything in their path.

• Like 3

Wow!  Do they make the bed first or clean the bathroom first?  Who’s there to check on gloves, hand washing, no hand washing, etc.  it’s mostly out of our control. 

try not to think about any of it.  Bring wipes and clean surfaces and hope for the best.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, goldengirl said:

Hello what are the new standards in effect for the rooms to be cleaned do roomstewards wear masks and gloves, do they was. The bed comforters after each sailing, what about mattress and pillow how are they cleaning

No gloves other than work gloves when cleaning the bathroom. Sheets, pillow cases, duvet covers are changed a couple of times a week and on turnover. Other than actually wiping down surfaces and drawers, not much has changed over time. (We have been on 3 post restart cruises). 

1 hour ago, BND said:

Funny I've seen a lot of videos of cruises since restart and not a single steward or other crew member was walking around in a hazmat suit.  And, no one on here has said a word about it.

Allow me to introduce you to Laura from the Bronx.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes, they have.  On cruises where someone was diagnosed with Covid and was off-loaded from the ship, crew members in hazmat suits sprayed down everything in their path.

That's not the same thing as crew members walking around and cleaning cabins suited up.    I guess I should have posted about that one video as a disclaimer.

Edited by BND

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yet there is a long waiting list of people that can’t wait to get back under contract 

miraflores is a present or past crew member. :classic_smile: 

And keep me out of this drama. :classic_biggrin: I was just attempting to answer a question. 

Edited by Coralc

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

miraflores is a present or past crew member. :classic_smile: 

And keep me out of this drama. :classic_biggrin: I was just attempting to answer a question. 

Certainly not present, past maybe, which doesn’t count for much regarding current affairs. 

sorry, you inserted yourself into the drama 

On 11/5/2021 at 7:45 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Gloves have no place in Covid mitigation, don’t use that as your indicator that a protocol is necessary. 

Non surgical, breath easily masks either. Somebody gave me a hard time when I sneezed into my mask. That is the only time masks might work better then no face masks. After about 15 minutes on a tight fitting mask, the inside of mine gets moist.

Edited by Junkhouse

2 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Non-masks provide 'breathe easily'....Celebrity & NCL have figured it out...sure hope royal learns.

No way Royal is going to take the NCL route; with the 5-11 year old group able to be vaccinated, Royal may soon bee in a position to push a 95% vaccinated mark like Celebrity is doing.

On 11/5/2021 at 5:35 AM, goldengirl said:

Hello what are the new standards in effect for the rooms to be cleaned do roomstewards wear masks and gloves, do they was. The bed comforters after each sailing, what about mattress and pillow how are they cleaning

I am sorry for you to find so many useless and unapropriate comments following your question. It just shows how ignorant many people are and not willing to comply with basic health protocols that can make such a difference. On a recent cruise the only ones not walking around with masks were from the US and when confronting them the comment was "I am vaccinated" well doesn't change the fact that you can still spread the virus and catch it youself.

Getting back to your question. Even already Pre COVID the cruise industry and especially RCL group had one of the most strickt health protocols in place. You would have likely not found a room in the most luxourious hotels globally in a cleaner condition if not worse than your stateroom. Now, they took it a few steps further and I fully relly on the protocols in place. All touchable items are fully disinfected, not sure about the matress itself but pillows and bed comforters as far as I know yes. The Stateroom attendants are supposed to change glovs after visiting each stateroom including disinfecting of hands. Hence in case you do consider to travel again being on a cruise ship seems to be the safest option currently assuming a Vaccination requirement has bee implemented and recomendation not to travel during a time when too many kids are around as they are not yet vaccinated. Further, in all public places important to wear a mask. 

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:Further, in all public places important to wear a mask. 

In summary:  This is true for RCL; however, should one prefer NCL or Celebrity as an alternative, those lines (along with the CDC) have decided masks are not important.

1). Yes, this is an RCL thread (but not the only cruise line)

2). No, the protocols are not consistent across the board, and

3). As draconian as some protocols are, each piece fits in the puzzle (although some pieces are indeed immeasurable w/o the use of micrometers).

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

On a recent cruise the only ones not walking around with masks were from the US and when confronting them the comment was "I am vaccinated" well doesn't change the fact that you can still spread the virus and catch it youself.

This is not restricted to Americans - there were many Europeans not wearing masks, or not wearing them properly, on our Harmonly cruise from Rome in mid-October. 

• Like 3

I don't know how gloves are gonna really do that much.  You've cleaned a room, lots of things brush against you as you fold sheets, pick up dirty to towels. So the steward no matter what carries germs from each room he has been in.  

• Like 1

Wearing gloves and changing them between cabins will do nothing to prevent the spread of any disease that is spread by touch.

Attendant puts on clean gloves and enters cabin.  And proceeds to touch most every surface in the cabin, thus contaminating the gloves.  Then get fresh linens, and makes the bed, touching the clean linens with the contaminated gloves.

Switching gloves reduces contamination from one cabin to the next, but NOT from one guest in the cabin to the next.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 12:35 AM, goldengirl said:

Surfaces aren't the problem and shouldn't be your concern.  You will be around a lot of people and its airborne... Statistically speaking with everyone vaccinated on board there will be very low transmission.  

• Like 1