Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

18 hours ago, little flower said:

Thank you for that encouraging information very helpful since I’m doing the back to back starting June 4.  Was there any mention of anyone testing positive for Covid while on the ship

No covid mentions at all. Didn't see anyone suffering either.Mask wearing by passengers voluntary, only about 10% ever wore them. No social distancing. Crew masked and self service buffets. Almost back to normal.

• Like 4

Just watched the video review on the other thread and have a question. In the evening, is there a buffet in the lido? We have not sailed Azamara probably in the last decade and often enjoyed a buffet in the evening on Celebrity ships. Thought Azamara would also offer that if we wanted to skip the MDR for an evening or two. Thanks!

On 6/2/2022 at 2:53 PM, kool kruiser said:

No covid mentions at all. Didn't see anyone suffering either.Mask wearing by passengers voluntary, only about 10% ever wore them. No social distancing. Crew masked and self service buffets. Almost back to normal.

Just take care. Remember that we are now being advised that the masks of others protect us. Home from our recent cruise and tested positive within a couple of days, alas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beatnix said:

Windows Cafe is open for dinner, but no buffet. They offer dishes from different countries.

So there is no longer BUFFET dinners with different cuisines on different evenings?  They are using table service instead?

16 minutes ago, yogagal47 said:

So there is no longer BUFFET dinners with different cuisines on different evenings?  They are using table service instead?

They offer a theme menu (e.g.  Italian, French, Greek, British, Indian, et al) each night served ala' carte.  Usually several starters, a soup course, up to six entrees, and a couple desserts.  They tie the theme to the area where you are at the time (destination immersion) if they can.

The concept reduces food waste and manpower in these trying times.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, audobon_tx said:

They offer a theme menu (e.g.  Italian, French, Greek, British, Indian, et al) each night served ala' carte.  Usually several starters, a soup course, up to six entrees, and a couple desserts.  They tie the theme to the area where you are at the time (destination immersion) if they can.

The concept reduces food waste and manpower in these trying times.  

I liked it better than any buffet. Was very nice.  You could see the food plated in the case and pick what looked good to you.  The service was very attentive.  The serving sizes were fine for us but you could certainly ask for extra.

• Like 3

On the ‘Review by Gary Bembridge’ thread it was noted that Gary mentioned that on demand movies were  “still included “.   However, a poster (@harbourside)  pointed out that there was a charge for these.  Can anyone confirm if that is the case and, if so, what is the charge?

Edited by Beamafar

4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I see the article talks about it being an ‘adults-only’ cruise, so is it a charter?

Will be boarding Quest on Saturday. My thoughts and prayers with friends and family of passenger who fell overboard.

• Like 1

Regarding 'On Demand Movies', when we were on Quest last month there was a range of movies available free of charge on the cabin TV, most were old films with one of two new releases. From memory the most recent were Belfast and the latest Bond film.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Lookyboy said:

Just take care. Remember that we are now being advised that the masks of others protect us. Home from our recent cruise and tested positive within a couple of days, alas.

Thanks for posting. We really do not know who tested positive after the cruise and I appreciate when people who did remind us that there is a strong possibility of doing so.

Ivi

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

On the ‘Review by Gary Bembridge’ thread it was noted that Gary mentioned that on demand movies were  “still included “.   However, a poster (@harbourside)  pointed out that there was a charge for these.  Can anyone confirm if that is the case and, if so, what is the charge?

I have not even noticed that where were on demand movies 😃 I have watched the normal TV channels and funny that they are still transmitting stories about Ghosts and people trying to buy a house. This was already like that before COVID…

Ivi

13 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

I have not even noticed that where were on demand movies 😃 I have watched the normal TV channels and funny that they are still transmitting stories about Ghosts and people trying to buy a house. This was already like that before COVID…

Ivi

Thanks, Ivi.   We’re anticipating spending some evenings in the cabin as Az entertainment may not be ‘our thing’.  We would enjoy getting some room service and having drinks while watching a movie on some nights. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DS said:

Thanks Sue... who are the senior offices ( Capt, CD, Hotel Director)?

Captain Sanguinetti (sp?) CD is Eric de Guay and HD is Tony Markey. Don’t have the official info to hand but I think that’s right. Medical staff are also good (from personal experience. I slipped walking down the donkey track yesterday in Santorini. ). 

21 hours ago, Lookyboy said:

Which ship were you on?  The route?