Celebrity Suite vs Sky Suite

dkjretired

25 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

As far as I can figure out, the only benefit is a bit more space.  Those cabins have never made any sense to me and they are the only type of cabin I have never sailed in.

Agree Linda, not for us.

Agree with Jelayne on the CC points and separate bedroom. Only other additional would be on the SClass if you can get one of the CS’s on the slant off the hump. Other than that not really much. I usually judge by price and number of nights when it comes to choosing one over the other. 

We love the Celebrity Suites at least on M & S class ships.  For us a separate bedroom is integral to our enjoyment of the cruise.  DH is a very early riser even on a cruise and I relish the opportunity to sleep late. If we have friends cruising with us, we especially enjoy the extra space.   Some of our best cruises have been in CS’s!   Our butlers have always been outstanding while in a CS.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Thanks everyone, appreciate the responses, forgot about the increase in points but we’ll never get near Zenith.we are looking at Edge.

Only have stayed in Sky Suites on Edge and loved them.  Took a cabin crawl and saw the CS and we were not impressed.  Good luck.

• Like 3

Don’t like the separate bedroom.  If you look at the layout you are basically in a inside cabin.    There isn’t any windows to sea the sea.  

I like laying in bed and being able to look outside. 

There is more space, was better furniture on the veranda but don’t know if Kelly Hopkins ruined it like she did everywhere else,  and there is the extra points but I cannot justify the extra cost over a SS 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Besides space any benefits of Sky suite vs Celebrity suite.  I know higher suites get benefits but just can’t see any benefit to Celebrity suite.

Definitely a ‘marmite’ suite, you love it or you hate it!

I can understand it’s benefits if you are travelling with a partner with different sleeping patterns or if you are travelling with a third adult or children.

We chose it on S class and hated the enclosed bedroom and found the bathroom small. On the positive side our then teenage son enjoyed the lounge area and the Jack and Jill bathroom meant we were not disturbing each other in the night. We have booked RSs since.

No perks above a SS.

Cannot comment re Edge CS as we haven’t experienced yet. However, the RS balcony looks really smalI and has a large overhang. I wouldn’t upgrade to that without checking balcony sizes on all three suite types first. We have cruise friends who have cruised in the RS and on their next cruise have chosen to book a SS and pay for any extra speciality meals, they simply didn’t feel the room was worth the additional cost.

8 hours ago, NCHPcruiser said:

We love the Celebrity Suites at least on M & S class ships.  For us a separate bedroom is integral to our enjoyment of the cruise.  DH is a very early riser even on a cruise and I relish the opportunity to sleep late. If we have friends cruising with us, we especially enjoy the extra space.   Some of our best cruises have been in CS’s!   Our butlers have always been outstanding while in a CS.  

Totally agree with you!  We had coffee delivered to our room every morning. Butler came in and put it on the table before we woke up. I got up first grabbed a coffee (and pastry that he added himself) and would sit on the balcony and enjoy before the hubby got up. I would book these cabins in a second!!  But that’s what’s fun about cruising.  There are different things for different people.

• Like 5

We like the celebrity suites as an alternative to a sky suite.  This is true on the M and S class ships.  Like that one person sleeps in, the other can go into a complete other room.  The living room is comfortable with a TV.  The bedroom on the M & S nice and dark so sleeping is great.  The bedroom is pretty tight- but the closet is really nice.  You have access from the living room and bedroom to the bathroom which is a plus.  Butlers vary from poor to excellent in all suites.

The layout on the Edge class, doesn't look as spacious to me- but never booked it.  

• Like 3

Besides the space, I think the CS gives you a little more perks than the Sky Suites, like the onshore concierge and the Celebrity Valet services.    You do get a private bedroom which is nice if you are cruising with a couple plus children.

1 hour ago, NanaChar said:

Besides the space, I think the CS gives you a little more perks than the Sky Suites, like the onshore concierge and the Celebrity Valet services.    You do get a private bedroom which is nice if you are cruising with a couple plus children.

We have often stayed in both types.  Agree that a small added perk as you describe like onshore concierge is included but not really worth much.  Other than that, no benefits compared to the Sky Suite.  I have always found this a bit strange and disappointing honestly.

We stay in the CS because my DW likes the enclosed separate BR since we get up at very different times in the AM.  

The M-class CS is very spacious.  The S-Class and E-Class CS are similar design and space, but the balcony on E-Class CS is not as large.

The excellent alternative to the CS is the S1 corner aft Sky Suite which we grab any chance we get.

The balconies with S-Class Celebrity Suites are very generous. Even without the hump, we had two full-sized loungers and a full-sized dining table big enough for 4 people. As for the interior size, we hosted a party in our suite served by the host who provided the sparkling wine and crudites. We invited about 12 people, and there was plenty of room for all of us. 

13 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Thanks everyone, appreciate the responses, forgot about the increase in points but we’ll never get near Zenith. we are looking at Edge.

It you cruise in suites exclusively like us with Celebrity, the loyalty levels have very few usable benefits like free HH drinks or Wi-Fi discounts, because everything is included in a Retreat booking. So booking a CS over a SS for the extra points is meaningless for us, we get everything we want or need in a SS.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

It you cruise in suites exclusively like us with Celebrity, the loyalty levels have very few usable benefits like free HH drinks or Wi-Fi discounts, because everything is included in a Retreat booking. So booking a CS over a SS for the extra points is meaningless for us, we get everything we want or need in a SS.

But don't you want that Zenith badge by the time you turn 100 yrs old?😀

• Haha 5

We'll be in a CS on Reflection in a few months. I would likely have booked RS had one been available, but I didn't even consider SS. The separate bedroom is key for us. DW often is up before I am. However, it's also a matter of the Host being able to come in without disturbing us before we're up and dressed. 

• Like 2

We are still looking and appraising. Had a SS suite on RCCL aft and it was in the sun most of the time on the balcony (and the Coastal Kitchen did not live up to the Retreat). Had a H6 on NCL with large balcony aft with large overhang, great (but Haven did not match up to Retreat or MSC YC). Had a CS on Edge (July) and am thinking it is the "Goldilocks" cabin, with its separate bedroom which DW just has to have and more space for her 8 suitcases on a 7 night cruise, and still have some 'room' to dance. It gives me the balcony space I desire to lounge all day long on a full length lounge deck chair.The RS of course is better for DW inside, but the balcony for me is too cramped and the jacuzzi just takes up my balcony space. Going to try out the penthouse in a couple of weeks on Equinox. Only draw back we anticipate is the added sterilization DW will attempt upon all the surfaces (OCD).

47 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Sure and that Zenith badge will only cost a few hundred thousand dollars too!!

Funny you mention that, I still have on MY Celebrity a cruise booked for 2038 (not a typo)for the wife and I.   Its been there for a year but we haven't started packing yet.  

7 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Funny you mention that, I still have on MY Celebrity a cruise booked for 2038 (not a typo)for the wife and I.   Its been there for a year but we haven't started packing yet.  

I bet that 2028 is for an unbooked future onboard cruise you may have booked on your last Celebrity cruise. We did this on the Equinox in August but the Summer 2023 Europe cruises had not been released at that time. This cruise showed up as a 2038 cruise in My Celebrity, after we booked the Apex in 2023 it went away.

9 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Okay, I will bite...

What ship and date in 2038 is available to book?