What is the privilege of getting a suite?

5xGrandma

44 minutes ago, 5xGrandma said:

We are thinking about getting suite for an upcoming cruise. Is their a separate line to check in? What are the benefits of being in a suite? Thank you in advance for answering.

Honestly, the reason we booked a suite, was the fear of being quarantined in a small space, and the option for free room service 🙂. But, after doing lots of research, I don’t think we’ll ever go back!  I love the room layout, suite lounge, big deck, free room service, double points, flexibility to check in an our early, etc.

8 minutes ago, 5xGrandma said:

We are on the Adventure of the Seas in a Jr Suite.  We have never been in  a suite, We are splurging on this trip celebrating several birthdays.

Jr. Suites, while they have 'suite' in the title, are really just a larger version of a balcony cabin.  The benefit is that you do get to go through the 'suite' line when boarding and you also get 2 points per night rather than 1 point per night (per person) toward the loyalty program.  For Oasis and Quantum class ships, you are able to book a dinner in the Coastal Kitchen if space allows, but that doesn't apply to your sailing as there isn't a Coastal Kitchen on Adventure.  You will get bathrobes to use and should get a little bit nicer soap/shampoo.   I try and get a Jr. Suite if it's not much more than a balcony cabin so that I get the extra points. 

Go to the first link in post #2 that Heymarco posted for you.  That pretty much sums it up--and is what I just listed out here.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Honestly, the reason we booked a suite, was the fear of being quarantined in a small space, and the option for free room service 🙂. But, after doing lots of research, I don’t think we’ll ever go back!  I love the room layout, suite lounge, big deck, free room service, double points, flexibility to check in an our early, etc.

OP is in a Jr. Suite though, so they won't getting most of those things other than the double points and board via the suite line at the pier. 

• Like 1

Just now, rockmom said:

OP is in a Jr. Suite though, so they won't getting most of those things other than the double points and board via the suite line at the pier. 

Having the name junior suite is definitely misleading, also even if you are in a full suite grand and above perks are definitely different depending on class of ship. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

19 minutes ago, rockmom said:

But if they are quarantined, they WILL get free room service.  😉 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I agree.  The extra space and the bathroom.  If that is not worth the price difference between a balcony and a jr suite save the money and book the balcony.

I just want the extra loyalty pts lol. Dont care about a bath tub. I only take showers. But I'd book one if the price was right for the pts 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I just want the extra loyalty pts lol.

I don't have actual numbers in front of me, it's been a while since I booked a JS, but my impression was that I often paid more than 2*the cost of a balcony room.  By that measure they're not a good value point wise either.  It gets worse as you move up the suite range.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I don't have actual numbers in front of me, it's been a while since I booked a JS, but my impression was that I often paid more than 2*the cost of a balcony room.  By that measure they're not a good value point wise either.  It gets worse as you move up the suite range.

Before double pts I saw some in the 1500 range.

Last week off and on there was a JS for $841 pp so x 2 solo, plus taxes. If my family situation hadnt been dire I might have jumped on it. 1793 total solo with taxes. Liberty.

I got a balcony on liberty over $1100 .. allure even more and oasis .. spring break. 

Very hard to me to compare apples to apples, pricing been crazy. We thought maybe they were doing royal ups last week the way JS were popping in and out. I just wasnt in a position to commit. My pricing is all over so idk .. but 841 x 2 sounded about as good as I've seen lately for 7 days. 

Other items in a JS, Adventure:

* yes, that walk-in closet.

* a few (aft) JS's have very large balconies...2 loungers, small table, and 2 chairs and large table.

* expresso/coffee machine.

* double sofa...with pull-out bed.

* chaise lounger.

* upgraded mattress, bedsheets, and pillows.

* larger door...for tbose using wheelchairs or scooters.

* gratuities $14.50/p/d...not $17.50.

• Like 2

No doubt, the JS is a nice room.  For me it's the minimum to feel comfortable.  It's got more of a traditional hotel room feeling, whereas the rooms below that category are just too tight.

That being said, what I have seen is that generally speaking the person who is in the cheapest interior room, gets the same treatment as I do in a full suite.  For many people, being able to afford that is a luxury.  I've been lucky.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 5xGrandma said:

We are thinking about getting suite for an upcoming cruise. Is their a separate line to check in? What are the benefits of being in a suite? Thank you in advance for answering.

You can order room service for free and during the hours when the dining room is open (breakfast, lunch,  dinner) - you can order from the dining room menu! 

ie:  the room service menu is very limited and thus different than the dining room menu. 

17 minutes ago, Boo's Mom said:

You can order room service for free and during the hours when the dining room is open (breakfast, lunch,  dinner) - you can order from the dining room menu! 

ie:  the room service menu is very limited and thus different than the dining room menu. 

This is not the case for a Jr. Suite.