Black Friday--Royal Free Ship-ping (win a free cruise!)

rockmom

One other thing--in the article where I first saw this on Travel & Leisure, there was more info, such as this, another reason I think there was a leaked press release and more details will show up, but if this is true, it's for the U.S. only.  

image.thumb.png.b01a2a7a8056ef48abf4313c67127746.png

Here's another thought--I'm thinking maybe they were smart and set up this additional domain so they won't have the regular site go down in flames while people are trying to book Black Friday cruises and cruise planner deals.  Could it be that they really thought about that?  If so, they are stepping up their IT department game.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adametro said:

I’m in Canada and when I click that link, it sends me to a blank page that reads “must be in the US”. So it looks to be only for US residents. 

I’m in the UK, same happens when I try to access the link.

5 hours ago, adametro said:

I’m in Canada and when I click that link, it sends me to a blank page that reads “must be in the US”. So it looks to be only for US residents. 

48 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I’m in the UK, same happens when I try to access the link.

And me, in Portugal, but my son lives in the US and he has been given strict instructions that he is to win one of these. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, adametro said:

Kind of ironic that the webpage was apparently posted in Canada. 😂

As usual we loose out again.... 

Wow! Good Luck to all ! Fingers crossed that I win one. Will not hold my breath I do not win anything, but nice to dream! Excited for our Odyssey cruise 12/12/21! Finally get back to cruising after 2 years!!

• Like 1

I didn't bite.  What caused my suspicion was one free cruise  every MINUTE for 24 hours.  A bit too generous.  I didn't do the math , but that would be a lot of free cruises.  

M

EDIT - has it been determined that it is for real?

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

47 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I didn't bite.  What caused my suspicion was one free cruise  every MINUTE for 24 hours.  A bit too generous.  I didn't do the math , but that would be a lot of free cruises.  

M

EDIT - has it been determined that it is for real?

m

Yes, it's real.  For people U.S. residents only.  

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

thx.  Strange that is is not on Royal's  site. 

I'm betting (and could be totally wrong) that it will be a targeted campaign at the U.S., so maybe they won't post it on the main site?  They created it's own domain, so they could be planning on using social media, targeted emails, whatever.  

I guess if you are a solo cruiser - it makes sense.  It is not uncommon on other lines to see 2nd person sails free promo. If two of you are sailing - the other will probably not be eligible for other discounts??  Who knows but I am sure there is something that keeps Royal from giving away 1440 cruises without a plan to make some money.