Black Friday--Royal Free Ship-ping (win a free cruise!)

rockmom

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I didn't bite.  What caused my suspicion was one free cruise  every MINUTE for 24 hours.  A bit too generous.  I didn't do the math , but that would be a lot of free cruises.  

M

EDIT - has it been determined that it is for real?

m

Cost RCCL nothing and tons of publicity. Prizes are likely the crappiest INT cabin on lower deck. Taxes + DSC may be extra and you will have to pay to trade up. A win for RCCL.  Brilliant marketing campaign. 

Edited by sfaaa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rockmom said:

I'm betting (and could be totally wrong) that it will be a targeted campaign at the U.S., so maybe they won't post it on the main site?  They created it's own domain, so they could be planning on using social media, targeted emails, whatever.  

It's common practice for companies to use some sort of ad agency to run these contests. I've entered quite a few that do this.

On 11/18/2021 at 7:18 PM, rockmom said:

How long will it take the website to crash?  Royal's IT department must be so excited.  

Well it has been down since at least yesterday. Tempted when and if it comes back up but not sure worth the bother once your email addy will most(?) likely be passed on to who knows what filling up mail box with junk.

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Any other way to enter the contest.   Don't know why they do not have on their web site.

Ps.  I believe in Santa Claus.😄

I think they don't have it on their actual website because they expect a ton of us in the U.S. to go to the contest site to enter, and that would probably crash their site, which will also be busy with people looking for Black Friday deals.   I know, that is assuming that their IT department has thought this through.  And the other reason, is it appears they do have a 3rd party running the contest (like they have a 3rd party running Royal Up), so that they don't have to open up their website to additional people 'behind the scenes running the contest', and it keeps their site more secure.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I think they don't have it on their actual website because they expect a ton of us in the U.S. to go to the contest site to enter, and that would probably crash their site, which will also be busy with people looking for Black Friday deals.   I know, that is assuming that their IT department has thought this through.  And the other reason, is it appears they do have a 3rd party running the contest (like they have a 3rd party running Royal Up), so that they don't have to open up their website to additional people 'behind the scenes running the contest', and it keeps their site more secure.  

I agree. "Instant wins, prize a minute" contests run a huge crowd attempting, so they know what they are doing.

22 hours ago, Kathscof said:

I can’t seem to find the tweets on their account, unless they are all DMs, they have only posted 3 times in the past 24 hours, and none of it about the contest….

but hey, we have a week for them to release more info….

It was a reply yesterday to someone named Rehydrated Potato

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Is this a leftover Halloween prank,  It's still down for maintenance.  I guess their IT is as dependable as 

RCL's.😁

They probably don't want us on the site, they maybe tweaking and testing before it actually goes live. We can't enter it til Friday anyway.

20 minutes ago, sammee said:

They probably don't want us on the site, they maybe tweaking and testing before it actually goes live. We can't enter it til Friday anyway.

Maybe they were joshing, but from some earlier posts they seemed to  have already entered the contest.

The process as described is very similar to when Royal had the drawing for the test cruises. You submitted your email address and within one day, they selected all of the “winners”. My wife and I won a 7-day trip on the Oasis out of Bayonne. 

We were skeptical when we submitted the entry but the results were pretty nice.

The difference on that drawing was that as soon as Royal started the process, you could put your email address in but you had to do it by midnight that day. 
With this one, you can’t start putting in your address until the contest starts. 

I will be online at 12:01 AM Friday to try but I expect the website to crash very promptly.

As someone said in the thread previously, RCL is getting a ton of (free) publicity with this promotion and it seems like the less they say about it now, the faster the word gets out virally.

-Jim