Medallions Stuck in New York

kitty2264

7 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Why are they posting them out? What a waste in paper. What happens if your not at your home address. Not sure why they can't just make everyone pick up the medallions at the port.

I've been saying the same thing.  It took SECONDS to get our Medallions at the port.

During the quick checkin, agent walked over and handed them to us.  Fast, No prob.

2 hours ago, Potstech said:

Stuck on Amazon are you. Apples and oranges. 

Amazon is the largest user of the US postal system to send packages. If they switched to FEDEX or United Parcel, the post office would feel the effect. If Princess stopped using the Post Office to send medallions, it would not even amount to a rounding error for the postal service.

Do you understand the difference now? Princess has ZERO pull with the post office.

42 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Amazon is the largest user of the US postal system to send packages. If they switched to FEDEX or United Parcel, the post office would feel the effect. If Princess stopped using the Post Office to send medallions, it would not even amount to a rounding error for the postal service.

Do you understand the difference now? Princess has ZERO pull with the post office.

I always knew the difference and that they are apples and oranges. One is a buyers hub and sends millions of item, the other is a cruise industry that attempts to get cruise items to its customers. To continually to say Princess has "ZERO pull with the post office" is very disingenuous of the company and process.   But that is just your opinion which means little as does mine.

On 11/20/2021 at 5:55 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

Don't order a back-up. Just wait till you're on the ship. No shipping charges and you can use OBC.

I already ordered it weeks ago. The price difference, even with the shipping, made it cheaper than onboard. We’ll use our OBC for an excursion and that will use it up.

9 hours ago, Potstech said:

I always knew the difference and that they are apples and oranges. One is a buyers hub and sends millions of item, the other is a cruise industry that attempts to get cruise items to its customers. To continually to say Princess has "ZERO pull with the post office" is very disingenuous of the company and process.   But that is just your opinion which means little as does mine.

I will say it again, PRINCESS HAS ZERO PULL WITH THE POST OFFICE.

Do you really think they can call the Postmaster General and say pretty please deliver our medallions quicker?🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Ours are also with USPS. Oddly, it looks like they may have started in NY then were with a "partner facility in Carson, CA for 4 days, and yesterday were transferred to USPS in Carson, with no estimated delivery date. We live in Boston, MA, so seems odd they would go from NY to CA and back to MA. 🤨

I have had that happen to a FEDex shipment.  Southern state origin to Troutdale, Oregon to Seattle, Washington back to Oregon before delivery to Olympia WA.  We are at their mercy.  Delivered 4 days late.  To be fair:  Sent a package from California that was delivered in Olympia a day early by USPS....

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I will say it again, PRINCESS HAS ZERO PULL WITH THE POST OFFICE.

Do you really think they can call the Postmaster General and say pretty please deliver our medallions quicker?🤣

Yes they can and to say otherwise is again disingenuous. Only they do not have to it nicely.

So, overnight, our Medallions went from being at the USPS facility in CA to suddenly being at the Boston USPS Distribution Center, then at our local USPS office, and now "Out for Delivery - expected delivery by 6:45pm". 😲 We shall see.  Wishing speedy delivery to everyone else on this thread, as well. 

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2021 at 7:05 AM, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

I've been saying the same thing.  It took SECONDS to get our Medallions at the port.

During the quick checkin, agent walked over and handed them to us.  Fast, No prob.

Mine is stuck at LAX so ill just get it at the hotel (booked through Princess & has a Princess agent on duty) or the pier.  Probably have to accept a black one 

I'm about 24 days our from sailing, so reached out to Princess chat early this morning (have not been able to reconnect to chat since) to inquire about timing of Medallions shipping. Agent sent instructions on how to check my order within the app and said my Medallions should be shipping about 20 days prior, so we're nearly there. 

When I looked at my order in the app, it didn't share any updates or provide additional details. Just got a quick wheel spin and then nothing loaded. I had assumed I'd at least see when the order was placed if nothing else, but maybe that will change once something actually ships...?

I'm fine with picking up at the port as long as it isn't a prolonged experience prior to boarding!

Although Informed Delivery (USPS tracking app) said it was waiting for the pkg at LAX (yes I know how to read that app, no Princess has no pull or priority with them) there was rapid movement yesterday. Left JAMAICA,NY and has arrived at Oakland Distribution Center with delivery expected Saturday. So whatever log jam existed has been released (in my case).

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has advice on tracking Medallion shipments outside of the app? 

I was on with Princess Chat this morning and got nowhere. 

I'm just over 2 weeks out from sailing, so thought I'd get some update on the Medallions. Every time I check order status (via the app), I get nothing after selecting the current booking (and there's only one). Page shows it's loading but then nothing happens. 

Chat agent had me log out, delete, restart phone, reinstall...then do it all over again two more times and all with the same results: no order history loads. 

Chat agent couldn't answer if there was any other way to find the order history. I think it's crazy that you can only find this in the app.

On 11/19/2021 at 4:09 PM, kitty2264 said:

Has anyone had problems receiving their medallions on time.  Our cruise is Nov 30th and our medallions made it to Jamaica, NY eight days ago.  The USPS tracking number indicates the package has "Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item" .  There has been no change since Nov 11th.  Princess says it isn't a big deal because we can always pick up the medallion at the port.  Contacting the post office does no good because even though there is a tracking number, they say they have yet to receive the item.

I'm curious if anyone else has seen this.

Good luck. Everytime UPS transfers my Amazon package to USPS for local delivery I either get a message from Amazon stating that my package is either delayed  or lost.  Amazon needs to prorate my annual membership fee since every time it's past on to the post office for delivery it never arrives in the 2 day time frame.

• Like 1

Our Medallions cross country travel history for Nov 30th cruise on the Enchanted Princess:

Arrived at our home on Nov 24, the day we boarded the Regal.  Daughter paid for 1-Day Express Delivery with the USPS ($24?). Medallions arrive here at our hotel today, Nov 29th.  Well, we have them for tomorrow.  

November 29, 2021, 11:57 am
Delivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room
DANIA, FL 33004 
Your item was delivered to the front desk, reception area, or mail room at 11:57 am on November 29, 2021 in DANIA, FL 33004.

November 29, 2021, 6:10 am
Out for Delivery
DANIA, FL 33004 

November 28, 2021, 9:16 am
Arrived at Hub
DANIA, FL 33004 

November 28, 2021, 6:13 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
DANIA, FL 33004 

November 28, 2021, 5:55 am
Departed USPS Facility
OPA LOCKA, FL 33055 

November 28, 2021, 4:20 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
OPA LOCKA, FL 33055 

November 28, 2021, 4:01 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
OPA LOCKA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

November 27, 2021, 3:22 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

November 27, 2021, 8:00 am
JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

November 27, 2021, 2:53 am
COLUMBIA SC PROCESSING CENTER 

November 26, 2021, 8:34 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

November 26, 2021, 7:19 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
LEXINGTON, SC 29072 

November 26, 2021, 12:13 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
LEXINGTON, SC 29072 

November 26, 2021
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

November 24, 2021, 2:18 pm
Delivered, In/At Mailbox
WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29170 
Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 2:18 pm on November 24, 2021 in WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29170.

November 24, 2021, 8:42 am
Arrived at Post Office
WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29169 

November 24, 2021, 3:57 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29169 

November 24, 2021, 3:44 am

November 23, 2021, 11:40 am

November 23, 2021, 4:45 am
ATLANTA NORTH METRO DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

November 23, 2021, 3:38 am
Departed USPS Facility
ATLANTA, GA 30354 

November 22, 2021, 8:38 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
ATLANTA, GA 30354 

November 21, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility

November 20, 2021, 10:36 am
LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

November 20, 2021, 7:05 am

November 20, 2021, 6:41 am
Departed USPS Facility
CARSON, CA 90746 

November 20, 2021, 5:45 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
CARSON, CA 90747 

November 11, 2021, 11:37 pm
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
JAMAICA, NY 11434 
Shipping Partner:  4PX EXPRESS USA

November 10, 2021

3 hours ago, eagletwo said:

Our Medallions cross country travel history for Nov 30th cruise on the Enchanted Princess:

Arrived at our home on Nov 24, the day we boarded the Regal.  Daughter paid for 1-Day Express Delivery with the USPS ($24?). Medallions arrive here at our hotel today, Nov 29th.  Well, we have them for tomorrow.  

November 29, 2021, 11:57 am
Delivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room
DANIA, FL 33004 
Your item was delivered to the front desk, reception area, or mail room at 11:57 am on November 29, 2021 in DANIA, FL 33004.

November 29, 2021, 6:10 am
Out for Delivery
DANIA, FL 33004 

November 28, 2021, 9:16 am
Arrived at Hub
DANIA, FL 33004 

November 28, 2021, 6:13 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
DANIA, FL 33004 

November 28, 2021, 5:55 am
Departed USPS Facility
OPA LOCKA, FL 33055 

November 28, 2021, 4:20 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
OPA LOCKA, FL 33055 

November 28, 2021, 4:01 am

November 27, 2021, 3:22 pm

November 27, 2021, 8:00 am
JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

November 27, 2021, 2:53 am

November 26, 2021, 8:34 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

November 26, 2021, 7:19 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
LEXINGTON, SC 29072 

November 26, 2021, 12:13 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
LEXINGTON, SC 29072 

November 26, 2021

November 24, 2021, 2:18 pm
Delivered, In/At Mailbox
WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29170 
Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 2:18 pm on November 24, 2021 in WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29170.

November 24, 2021, 8:42 am
Arrived at Post Office
WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29169 

November 24, 2021, 3:57 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29169 

November 24, 2021, 3:44 am

November 23, 2021, 11:40 am

November 23, 2021, 4:45 am
ATLANTA NORTH METRO DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

November 23, 2021, 3:38 am
Departed USPS Facility
ATLANTA, GA 30354 

November 22, 2021, 8:38 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
ATLANTA, GA 30354 

November 21, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility

November 20, 2021, 10:36 am

November 20, 2021, 7:05 am

November 20, 2021, 6:41 am
Departed USPS Facility
CARSON, CA 90746 

November 20, 2021, 5:45 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
CARSON, CA 90747 

November 11, 2021, 11:37 pm
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
JAMAICA, NY 11434 
Shipping Partner:  4PX EXPRESS USA

November 10, 2021

What a boring life our Medallions had, when we picked up at Embarcation.

• Haha 2