Disruptive People on Summit kicked off

Bill Miller

There are jerks everywhere from every country. US may travel more than most, and we do publicize ourselves more, so Americans may get some extra notoriety over a more international stage. Lots of it undeserved, but a few stories of boorishness make the rounds while literally millions of respectful Americans attract no attention.

Generalizations about any group are not always accurate. Heck, I have even met a few impolite Canadians! 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, mayleeman said:

There are jerks everywhere from every country. US may travel more than most, and we do publicize ourselves more, so Americans may get some extra notoriety over a more international stage. Lots of it undeserved, but a few stories of boorishness make the rounds while literally millions of respectful Americans attract no attention.

Generalizations about any group are not always accurate. Heck, I have even met a few impolite Canadians! 

I agree with your points. But I have to say I was really embarrassed to be from the US on our recent stop in Costa Maya. The city requires masks, indoors and out.  Every local was in compliance.   Many, many from the US completely disregarded that rule. I don't care if you agree or disagree that they are needed. When you are a visitor to another country you respect their customs and rules. Period.  Its called common courtesy and respect.  It was shameful. 

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I agree with your points. But I have to say I was really embarrassed to be from the US on our recent stop in Costa Maya. The city requires masks, indoors and out.  Every local was in compliance.   Many, many from the US completely disregarded that rule. I don't care if you agree or disagree that they are needed. When you are a visitor to another country you respect their customs and rules. Period.  Its called common courtesy and respect.  It was shameful. 

You make excellent points. Why bother traveling if you’re not willing to respect the places and people*?

If I were in that situation, I wouldn’t be embarrassed to be from the US, but I would be embarrassed that they were. 

*Another thing that really gets my goat is seeing trash, especially dirty diapers along a gorgeous, strenuous hike. C’mon, folks, you made the effort to come here and make the climb, trek, whatever, to enjoy the beauty. Then you want to ruin it for others?!?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2021 at 6:21 PM, Denny01 said:

A group is kicked off a ship and I’m not suppose to make a ‘judgment’ that they screwed up Big Time?………OK. I’m sorry, but I’m one of those nasty people who are on their balcony watching some taxi run up to the ship right after we pulled out, and I laugh just a bit……only to myself of course. I’d never judge them……yeah thats right. 

Den

I guess you delight in other people's misery for getting stuck in traffic?  And...that particular scenario is not analogous to the ship's Captain determining that passengers need to be taken off the ship. 

• Haha 2

On 12/1/2021 at 2:49 PM, The Traveling Man said:

Bill, have you traveled much?  Do you not know that many in this world judge all Americans by the actions of a handful of doofuses like this?

You think that's true of Americans only? Every country's citizens have a habit of basing the opinions of others based on their very limited impressions of a few. 

• Like 4

Maybe my post joking about ‘judging’ people missing the ship is nasty and they didn’t miss departure because they just decided to wait to the last second assuming 2000+ people would have to wait for them……maybe they are a Nurse or Dr and were late because they saved someone’s life by pulling wires out of a socket to administer electric shock, or they are a nuclear scientist and disarmed a terrorist nuclear bomb saving millions……

The point of my post was a lighthearted jab at judging……which appears 20+ people got. So maybe ‘we’ shouldn’t be searching through these threads looking for posts to take offense at and lecturing the posters, and realize this forum is to share travel info, positive and negative, talk about cruise vacationing and enjoying such. You know, enjoying life and knowing how lucky we are to be able to cruise the world.

Personally, I post a lot of light-hearted (I thought light-hearted) responses and I don’t like to use the ‘smiley faces’ to let those with, shall we say, less humor in their souls know it’s joking. To me, that kind of takes away the humor when you have to Tell people its a joke.

With that said, I’ll try to watch my joking posts. But of course even when its obviously a joke, someone has to take offense…..and post how they are offended….Not being judgmental doing such. 😃😊😍

Ooops, I did it again!!

Den

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Maybe my post joking about ‘judging’ people missing the ship is nasty and they didn’t miss departure because they just decided to wait to the last second assuming 2000+ people would have to wait for them……maybe they are a Nurse or Dr and were late because they saved someone’s life by pulling wires out of a socket to administer electric shock, or they are a nuclear scientist and disarmed a terrorist nuclear bomb saving millions……

The point of my post was a lighthearted jab at judging……which appears 20+ people got. So maybe ‘we’ shouldn’t be searching through these threads looking for posts to take offense at and lecturing the posters, and realize this forum is to share travel info, positive and negative, talk about cruise vacationing and enjoying such. You know, enjoying life and knowing how lucky we are to be able to cruise the world.

Personally, I post a lot of light-hearted (I thought light-hearted) responses and I don’t like to use the ‘smiley faces’ to let those with, shall we say, less humor in their souls know it’s joking. To me, that kind of takes away the humor when you have to Tell people its a joke.

With that said, I’ll try to watch my joking posts. But of course even when its obviously a joke, someone has to take offense…..and post how they are offended….Not being judgmental doing such. 😃😊😍

Ooops, I did it again!!

Den

LOL - I want to continue to watch them as well...

bon voyage

• Like 2

On 12/7/2021 at 9:23 AM, mayleeman said:

We're sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I'm also glad that Security and the Captain took quick action against this group.  I'll agree that there were some minor inconveniences but these don't rise to level of being 'hurt".

You don't have to be physically assaulted to be hurt or damaged.  When someone forces themselves on you so that you are unable to enjoy what you have paid for, especially when they do so intentionally, then you have been damaged.  The Captain has no choice but to put them off if they do the same after a warning, otherwise the other passengers have an absolute right to sue for their money back plus damages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/7/2021 at 8:23 AM, mayleeman said:

……Heck, I have even met a few impolite Canadians! 

They weren’t Real Canadians, probably one of us South of the Border Americans who snuck across the border! 

2 hours ago, CHOPPERTESTER said:

We're sorry.

and ChoppeTester being a Real Canadian, apologized for ‘those’ Canadians. 

den

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

They weren’t Real Canadians, probably one of us South of the Border Americans who snuck across the border! 

and ChoppeTester being a Real Canadian, apologized for ‘those’ Canadians. 

den

Thanx Denny01

That's what we do as Canadians.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, mfs2k said:

🙁🙁🙁😲

oh Boy. 
this thread is hitting all the high points. 

LOL--- Ok, what's more fun and stimulating than reading this thread ?

Whether XYZ should spend $$ on laundry , Why didn't Celebrity answer the phone , Where's my " whatever " credit, What should we do in " wherever " , and MY favorite ----Who's On etc, etc  ???

There's even a divorce lawyer who's contributing valuable ( $$$$ ) time entertaining readers.

( Please, no need to remind me for the 48th time --- If you don't like it , blah, blah, blah ). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/8/2021 at 9:47 AM, Bo1953 said:

LOL - I want to continue to watch them as well...

bon voyage

I forgot to include, it is always possible that I could be one of those who 'just miss the boat' and left standing on the pier... too!

YET, with the group we usually travel with, this is highly unlikely unless there is a blockade on the pier returning to the ship...

Which reminds me, I need to make sure my travel insurance will cover a situation like that to catch up at the next port.

bon voyage

3 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

I was wondering if the cruise lines can file legal actions against utube channel for using their brands, logos, etc. for profit without permission as a way to pressure and discourage activities like these?

yes, and they can add in other causes of action if the intent is to damage the brand