Royal Caribbean’s New Wonder of the Seas, World’s Largest Cruise Ship, to Homeport at Port Canaveral

flamingos

THE WORLD'S LARGEST CRUISE SHIP IS COMING TO PORT CANAVERAL: Royal Caribbean International has announced its new, highly anticipated ship, Wonder of the Seas, will homeport at Port Canaveral beginning November 2022. Set to become the largest cruise ship in the world when it debuts in March 2022, Wonder will sail 7-night itineraries to the eastern and western Caribbean. Destination highlights include Cozumel, Mexico; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and San Juan, Puerto Rico; and each cruise will visit Perfect Day at CocoCay, Royal Caribbean’s private island destination in The Bahamas that features thrill and chill – from the tallest waterslide in North America to The Bahamas’ first floating cabanas.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/wonder-of-the-seas-homeport?fbclid=IwAR26crjBRcK-4vLyfZhUa2tK8R4YRy5ceUcSrBb11MoOMXorZJ2uyva7kzg

• Like 2

I swore that I would not sail out of PC since my experience sailing on Mariner last week.  The airport was a total freak show and close to an hour driving to port from airport. 

Now I have to rethink my decision.😀

Edited by nelblu
  • Haha 3

We received notification of this today, they’ve already updated our cabin. We were in a Grand Suite on deck 10, now deck 17 on the Suite neighborhood, should be interesting. Looking forward to seeing the new ship. 

• Like 3

Got an email about this last night.  We have three cruises booked on Harmony next year so I had questions.  I called them and of course, nobody knew nothin’.  We got moved from deck 6 to deck 9. At least we’re still in an accessible balcony cabin.

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not for a couple years

A very comforting thought.  I can now breathe again.  There was that one Asia sailing scheduled for after the Fall TA that stayed on the website for awhile and I was afraid they were going to yank the TA away from us.

Those of you who have already been switched over, has your cruise planner purchases been affected? Our booking just shows as Harmony - voyage cancelled.

I'll be pretty annoyed if the black Friday purchases I made will be refunded and they expect me to rebook

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I can't get the DP340 single supplement on the cruises out of PC from November 2022 thru Feb 2023.  I can get if after May 2023 or before the ship moves up to PC  Strange - glitch?

The singe rates don't seem to be loaded properly.  If you have a booking call C&A.  They'll get resolutions to manually modify the booking.  Keep notes though as looking for price drops can get weird when resolutions manually modifies pricing.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hayleyp said:

Those of you who have already been switched over, has your cruise planner purchases been affected? Our booking just shows as Harmony - voyage cancelled.

I'll be pretty annoyed if the black Friday purchases I made will be refunded and they expect me to rebook

All of our purchases were cancelled and refunded to us.  Had to repurchase everything we had previously purchased for our cancelled Allure TA.  And NOT at the original prices we had paid for the Allure cruise.  Had to repurchase at the current rates.

Also, it will take time for your reservations to switch AND you might get an invoice with a way higher price than what you paid for Harmony.  Give it a few and they will eventually make the swap showing the balance for Wonder that you had due on Harmony.

Edited by Teeara