Move cruise to later date,

Hinda

3 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I'm on a 14 day cruise in May.  My final payment date is almost here, which will be 5 months pre-cruise.  Is 5 months out somewhat normal for Oceania?

For 14 days cruises it is usually 90 days for final payment but the ADMIN fee kicks in at 120 days  which can be used on future cruise bookings

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005306234-What-is-your-cancellation-and-refund-policy-

T &C's

Unless otherwise noted, final payment must be received by Oceania Cruises 90 days prior to cruise departures for voyages of less than 15 days and 150 days prior for voyages 15 days or longer.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions/

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I looked again at my invoice and realized I had things backwards.  Our date for no fee cancelation comes up soon, not the final payment date.  So that makes more sense.  And our cruise is 14 days (with first and last half days counted as one, which is customary on Oceania) so final payment date is 3 months from cruise date.

14 hours ago, LHT28 said:

For 14 days cruises it is usually 90 days for final payment but the ADMIN fee kicks in at 120 days  which can be used on future cruise bookings

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005306234-What-is-your-cancellation-and-refund-policy-

T &C's

Unless otherwise noted, final payment must be received by Oceania Cruises 90 days prior to cruise departures for voyages of less than 15 days and 150 days prior for voyages 15 days or longer.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions/

I didn't realize the $250 fee could be applied to another cruise.  Thanks for that info.  We've not cancelled an O cruise before so didn't know it's not lost money.

2 hours ago, marieps said:

I didn't realize the $250 fee could be applied to another cruise.  Thanks for that info.  We've not cancelled an O cruise before so didn't know it's not lost money.

The $250 admin fee can be applied to another cruise but you have a very limited time to use it. If I end up cancelling my April 4 cruise, the $500 admin fees currently applied cannot be carried over to the same cruise in 2023. I have to take an O cruise in 2022 or I completely lose the $500. Unlike some here who don't care if they lose money I am not in a position to make a $500 donation to Oceania/NCLH.

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

The $250 admin fee can be applied to another cruise but you have a very limited time to use it. If I end up cancelling my April 4 cruise, the $500 admin fees currently applied cannot be carried over to the same cruise in 2023. I have to take an O cruise in 2022 or I completely lose the $500. Unlike some here who don't care if they lose money I am not in a position to make a $500 donation to Oceania/NCLH.

So the date where you you will not have to pay the $500 has already past for you April 4, cruise?

42 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

So the date where you you will not have to pay the $500 has already past for you April 4, cruise?

For the April 4 cruise, penalties will start at Jan. 23, which is my TA's final payment date. According to them there are no penalties being charged now if I decide to cancel. When Oceania moved the FP date to 60 days they also removed penalties. I have this in writing.

The current $500 admin fee in play goes back to a cruise I cancelled back in April, the 8/28/21 Marina Baltic cruise. I missed avowing the 120 days out penalty by 2days when I cancelled. This $500 fee is part of the payment for the 4/4/22 Riviera cruise. This is the $500 I will lose if I don't take another O cruise by the end of 2022. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/23/2021 at 7:03 PM, susiesan said:

My sailing goes to the Canary Islands, and the continuing volcano eruptions is another factor that could cause this cruise itinerary to be modified. I f I don't go to the Canary islands then I won't accept a revised itinerary. 

I appreciate it's only one part of the very complicated scenario that is travel at the moment, but the volcano is now "offically" quiet. I was in Tenerife earlier this month whilst it was still active and it had no impact outside of La Palma itself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJP31 said:

I appreciate it's only one part of the very complicated scenario that is travel at the moment, but the volcano is now "offically" quiet. I was in Tenerife earlier this month whilst it was still active and it had no impact outside of La Palma itself. 

I forget - was the volcano on the island of La Palma?  And susiesan, are you on the O cruise cruise that goes to 3 or 4 Canary lslands?  We almost booked that cruise, as we loved the 2 islands we visited on another O cruise (Lanzerote & La Palma).  And last year a friend moved to Tenerife, so I want to visit that island some day.  She is certainly not concerned about the volcano, and told me it barely affected Tenerife when it erupted.  I would think your cruise will be a go, and that you'll make all scheduled stops unless omicron throws some really bad punches.  But I don't have a crystal ball.  

4 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I forget - was the volcano on the island of La Palma?  And susiesan, are you on the O cruise cruise that goes to 3 or 4 Canary lslands?  We almost booked that cruise, as we loved the 2 islands we visited on another O cruise (Lanzerote & La Palma).  And last year a friend moved to Tenerife, so I want to visit that island some day.  She is certainly not concerned about the volcano, and told me it barely affected Tenerife when it erupted.  I would think your cruise will be a go, and that you'll make all scheduled stops unless omicron throws some really bad punches.  But I don't have a crystal ball.  

I am on April 4 Riviera from Barcelona to Rome. There are 3 scheduled stops in the Canaries.

This does not appear to be a very popular itinerary with O as they only run it once or twice a year. For my sail category category of cabin is available, even the insides. If it does go and I'm on it, the ship will probably be very empty, which would be great . I just returned 3 weeks ago from a Celebrity Millenium cruise that said with one third capacity. I loved it. Hoping for the same on Riviera.

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2021 at 12:23 PM, susiesan said:

Alex, I am booked on that April 4 Riviera cruise, Spain and Canary Islands itinerary. Up until a month ago the cruise was fairly well sold. Oceania recently moved the final pay date to 60 days which is frequently a sign a particular cruise/itinerary is in trouble. It could be that people are concerned we might not make it at all to the Canaries due to the volcano and there would be a massive itinerary change. It could be that watching what is going on in Europe with covid restrictions that only bubble excursions can be used to get off the ship. It could be the new mask mandate will still be in place in April. So many unknowns.

If all the above scenarios are in place on Feb. 4 or O doesn't move back FP date to 30 days I will be cancelling. I am already having my TA look at this same itinerary for 2023. People here are always crowing about how all Oceania cruises sell out but here is one that is wide open for bookings.

Thank you. 

We haven't been on an O ship yet, and waffled on this longer "Grand Cruise" at more dollars. Ultimately we picked a 10 day Caribbean trip in January - not particularly less expensive on cost per day, but airfare and shorter term put us onboard at $7K instead of $15K. 

AAR, when we board I'll be considering going anyway and doing two O trips in one year. For us, that would be a ridiculous amount ... and I'll tell you why. I think the 2023 trip will be easily another 25-35% more. I don't think there will ever be a better time to take that particular itinerary and I will never spend $1,000 a night for my wife and I to vacation. That is simply obscene.

I can't even believe I'm thinking about it ... the two trips would be more, combined, than I've spent in over 120 nights of cabin expense on Celebrity, Holland America. I am so, so excited for this next trip.

But I'll say this, that itinerary is a great one. One of the best by any cruise line, anywhere in the world, at an incredible time of the year to do what we like to do ... walk around old cities. Your fears about bubble excursions stand out.

Cheers, and thanks again for the response.

Omicron is a game changer because of breakthroughs. Several of my family members, all vaccinated and boosted and always in a mask in public, have tested positive and have minor symptoms. However, the original posters here are 79 and 80. I understand their reluctance to sail. As far as the future goes, we have no idea what variants will create the next wave. The cruise industry is in a precarious place. 

• Like 1

The situation with Omicron really is very fluid. I have seen reports today that an omicron infection gives super protection against Delta, and is causing less long hospital stays. Clearly we need to wait a little bit longer for the results of all the cross mixing from Christmas of lots of different ages to get a clearer picture across all demographics - BUT, if Omicron is less severe in most people and gives protection from the much worse delta and will eventually kill off delta (due to giving enhanced immunity) then we are possibly on a strong path out of this horrible time. 

Wearing a mask on a plane or a train or in a busy place is still probably a good idea for a while, as much out of respect for other people as well as keeping one’s self safe. 

This is the most positive I have felt about the future situation for a while, and over Christmas I did feel very pessimistic about my March TA, but honestly feeling much more positive about the possibility of it taking place now. 

52 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I'm kinda hoping I get Omicron covid. I may have it now, have had a small cough and sniffles for a week.😷

Go to Walgreens, get a test, quit wondering. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

I'm kinda hoping I get Omicron covid. I may have it now, have had a small cough and sniffles for a week.😷

My son in law is a department head at a major research hospital. They are predicting that up to 70% of the population gets the Omicron variant. It is highly contagious, but for the vaccinated and boosted the symptoms are often minimal. Cough and sniffles and that may be it. Therein lies the problem. People have it, and spread it, without ever knowing they were infected. The symptoms for the unvaccinated aren’t as mild. At work, they are now back to double masks and face shields with all patients coming in.

No one knows what the future, or future variants, beholds. Only time will answer that.

• Like 1

I just spoke to my TA and he said that his recent communication with Oceania showed no indication on their end of extending booking flexibilities.  I don't see how that will be sustainable.  For one thing, it's very likely that the crew will be increasingly impacted by omicron.  If the crew is getting infected and cannot be substituted (an increasingly likely scenario), I don't know how they will be able to operate planned sailings.  Second, you can't sail with a positive test and with omicron spreading like wildfire there will be greater numbers of pax denied boarding.  I am very on the fence about our upcoming cruise in February, but absent of any flexibility from Oceania, we feel rather "stuck" to either sail or lose quite a bit of money.  Getting FCC would be very welcomed as we enter what seems like a third wave.

2 hours ago, DC225 said:

Getting FCC would be very welcomed as we enter what seems like a third wave.

I don’t believe that NCLH, or a couple of the other cruise lines, have the financial wherewithal to survive another indeterminate industry shutdown. We have our January cruise, an October 22 cruise, and two 2023 Oceania cruises booked. This is in addition to a 2022 European river cruise. If Oceania is forced to cancel our January cruise, we will almost definitely immediately cancel those other three cruises booked with them and pray to get our monies back. NCLH can’t continue to bleed cash like it currently is. The last thing I’d want is a FCC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I don’t believe that NCLH, or a couple of the other cruise lines, have the financial wherewithal to survive another indeterminate industry shutdown. We have our January cruise, an October 22 cruise, and two 2023 Oceania cruises booked. This is in addition to a 2022 European river cruise. If Oceania is forced to cancel our January cruise, we will almost definitely immediately cancel those other three cruises booked with them and pray to get our monies back. NCLH can’t continue to bleed cash like it currently is. The last thing I’d want is a FCC.

Next to last perhaps?

We are on the Barcelona to Rome and then back to Barcelona.  We have tried two bookings that go to the Canaries and both were canceled.  I sure hope this one goes.  We have booked extra days in Barcelona before the cruise.  I hope Spain isn’t in lockdown.

On 12/28/2021 at 8:04 AM, AlexCherie said:

Thank you. 

We haven't been on an O ship yet, and waffled on this longer "Grand Cruise" at more dollars. Ultimately we picked a 10 day Caribbean trip in January - not particularly less expensive on cost per day, but airfare and shorter term put us onboard at $7K instead of $15K. 

AAR, when we board I'll be considering going anyway and doing two O trips in one year. For us, that would be a ridiculous amount ... and I'll tell you why. I think the 2023 trip will be easily another 25-35% more. I don't think there will ever be a better time to take that particular itinerary and I will never spend $1,000 a night for my wife and I to vacation. That is simply obscene.

I can't even believe I'm thinking about it ... the two trips would be more, combined, than I've spent in over 120 nights of cabin expense on Celebrity, Holland America. I am so, so excited for this next trip.

But I'll say this, that itinerary is a great one. One of the best by any cruise line, anywhere in the world, at an incredible time of the year to do what we like to do ... walk around old cities. Your fears about bubble excursions stand out.

Cheers, and thanks again for the response.

We have done one Carnival cruise to see if we could stand being on a cruise ship.  We did well and have now made several other trips.  Two with Paul Gauguin to the South Pacific and three on Oceania (Alaska, New Zealand, Norway).  The food really is amazing on Oceania.  We have two booked for this year - January 28 -Prismatic Patagonia -17 days and then April 4- Barcelona to Barcelona.  It has been stressful trying to make sure we have all the paperwork done (and I am pretty technically competent).  We also have a 2023 cruise booked with Oceania and are waitlisted for a suite.  It the prices increase 25 percent which they may with inflation we may stick with our reserved cabin.

I just feel for everyone affected and trying to manage credits.  I use a spreadsheet and still have to double check expiration dates.

anyway- good luck on your travels and hope to see you in April on the Barcelona cruise.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 3:33 PM, Hinda said:

I am booked on the January 4, 2021 cruise on the Riviera.  Because of the latest news about Covid I have asked Oceania to let us move to a later date.  Same ship and same ports.  We 80 and 79 and are concerned about our health.  Oceania has refused to let us do this.  We have been on 12 Oceania cruises and love the cruise line.  But Oceania has disappointed us.  We have not asked for a refund or future credit .  We just want to be safe.....we are both triple vaccinated.

Hinda

It has been over a week since my original post and things have gotten worse.  The CDC has recommended no cruising even if vaccinated.   I know there are cases on the Riviera at this time.  OCEANIA do something for your loyal customers........

Hinda

• Like 4

On 12/27/2021 at 1:50 PM, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

The volcano has stopped its thing as  of last week.....

1 hour ago, Hinda said:

It has been over a week since my original post and things have gotten worse.  The CDC has recommended no cruising even if vaccinated.   I know there are cases on the Riviera at this time.  OCEANIA do something for your loyal customers........

Hinda

Seeing and reading all that is going on  both in from and behind the scene...  I just swapped a May cruise for a August one    in the same  region. My logic was by August/September a lot more will be known and a lot of the hype and media will settle out.  It may be that we the public is become way more sensitive to any negative reports are rampant...   Maybe the CDC is in the same boat so to speak.   Fear of the unknown is very human and more contagious than any virus.......    Personally I'd turn off the TV, quit listening to the daily hash of bad news that the media thrives on.. and sit back and see what really tomorrow will bring...    Every day , every dawn, brings hope  and a new beginnings.........stay calm and maybe the sky is not falling!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hinda said:

Hinda

Riviera is fine. Protocols from testing to dealing with disembarkation of the very few positive Covid tests are all working per the SailSafe plan.
Looking forward to joining the ship of 1/14/22.

At this point my only concern is that I think O would be better off to require “ship only” tours.

• Thanks 1