The Daily for Friday 12/24/2021

richwmn

Good morning and thanks for the update.

The appliance curse continues. The new microwave is a dud, turns on but the light won’t go out, now enroute back to store. 
    Blessings and prayers to all on our lists and Christmas love and joy for everyone ❤️🙏❤️

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Happy Christmas Eve from a sunny day at the beach

Nice collection of days. Love reading the posts from those on a ship. Many new friendships have been formed because of this thread.  Bravo to our leaders!

No shopping for me today. We are heading down the beach to see the Surfing Santas. It is a great tradition. Hundreds of people dress up  in Santa costumes and ride the waves. It is always a great time. We are only going to go so far on the beach because of the crowds. Besides my DD is in a beach wheelchair and difficult to push thru crowds.

Special prayers for all of my CC friends.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 28

Good morning everyone. Everyday should be chocolate day and I love eggnog.

So, I was more than surprised when my cardiologist office called yesterday to tell me I had been exposed to covid. I knew from process of elimination that it was the technician who did my cardiograph. She was right in my face wearing a cloth mask but I had on a real N95 which is supposed to protect me. She began coughing about 5 minutes before the test was over.The office manager gave me her cell phone and told me to call over the weekend if I have any pm symptoms because there is someone they can give me. The frustrating thing is I can’t get a test until Tuesday. The pharmacy where I was vaccinated told me to call but there lab is overwhelmed. 
Both my grandsons tested negative so that was a relief. This scare made me decide to cancel  Sam’s in person birthday part. We will get him a cake and zoom.

I could use some prayers that I don’t get sick and I don’t know which variant I was exposed to.

Our clubhouse closed down yesterday because one of the landscapers was in it at a meeting and he tested positive.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 21
  • Thanks 9

31 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Christmas Eve Friday from the Rotterdam!

Last night when we were at the Crow’s Nest @Seasick SailorJoy & Alan came in and we had a nice visit. After dinner I went to BB King’s and Craig went to the magician show.  @garlictown Katie, Dennis & Aunt Viviane joined me and a fun time was had. Craig joined us later.  This picture is courtesy of Katie. 
5555E8E7-E969-4FC9-B459-D57E24C8CB32.thumb.jpeg.8f22bdfdb3ba4bd13e83f2635c5181c1.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

What  lovely happy photos of nice Dailyites enjoying their Christmas and New year cruise.

Graham.

• Like 16

29 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone. 

We have a blanket of new fallen snow outside which is giving my BIL the opportunity to play with his super snow blower.  Continued prayers for those who need them, especially @kazuJacqui and Jose and @Himself.  Giving thanks for @grapau27's successful surgery this morning.  Ok, now on to the celebration!

Today's meal is one I'd like, but we are having Tortière tonight with a nice salad.  

To get us started, some information on sea bass, which is different from Chilean Sea Bass.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/a-guide-to-buying-and-cooking-sea-bass

And our first recipe:https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/45782/grilled-sea-bass/

820524102_grilledseabass.jpg.84076a11b21fbe880b359e95470c97a5.jpg

Who can resist the Garlic Butter on this one:   https://www.thespruceeats.com/grilled-sea-bass-with-garlic-butter-recipe-334370

804331778_grilledseabass2.jpg.2c9b3a866bb1b69b58bca8a9011454b0.jpg

And how about blackened sea bass?    https://www.food.com/recipe/grilled-blackened-sea-bass-69841

254911420_grilledseabass3.jpg.ce77f5aefa2d87771e172404808b01d1.jpg

Thank you Debbie.

Your food photos always look awesome.

Graham.

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@grapau27  I'm glad things went well, and that you are home safe and sound.  I hope they gave you something for pain, your surgery was right at the laugh and smile lines.

@msmayor When I was growing up, it was always fondue for Christmas Eve dinner.  I had a great smile from your post.  I hope you enjoy the tradition.

I was given the advice years ago after a life changing experience, that if Christmas was hard, or any holiday, to create my own new traditions,  Which I did.  Unfortunately my new DH didn't think that wandering around walking through the park looking at Christmas lights was his idea of a good time.  And he is a last minute Christmas shopper.  I tried the Christmas Eve service, nope that didn't work, so now I make no plans for Christmas Eve, but to watch a couple of movies, and go to bed early.  This way I can get up early and get his stocking stuffed and put out the gifts.  I know that they ware supposed to go under the tree, but with the 5 cats inside, boxes, ribbons and bows are destroyed quickly.

Tomorrow we are hooking up with our friends at 11:30 in the morning for an early lunch.  Then they are going to race home, as their kids are coming in later in the afternoon.  DH will be making calls to his family, and I will be going for a walk, in the park, which is a tradition i never want to give up.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Thank you for your nice post.

I wasn't given any painkillers just an antibiotic gel to put on the stitches.

Walking through the park sounds  like a great idea.

Graham.

• Like 12

Good morning and thanks for the Daily from snowy Calgary!  Well @richwmnyoun had me a chocolate again, you devil!  Eggnog is good at Christmas, but in moderation, otherwise elastic waist pants are needed.  

We had an uneventful drive on Wednesday, thankfully, as a couple of hours after we arrived, the ice and snow came, creating hazardous conditions in one area  we had driven through.   Yesterday we took our oldest grandson (he’s 6) and went shopping. We had a blast with him; saw a myriad of toys, enjoyed great conversations and had lots of silly laughs together.  I posted on FB that I’m in my happy place, and when we’re with our son and his family, I truly am.

Today is a day for hanging around the house, possibly try our hand at creating snowmen, and the it’ll be “Grandma’s famous porcupine balls” for dinner tonight at the request of our grandson.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don’t think they do.  EXtra prayers for Jacqui for strength, Jose for healing, and his medical team for knowledge.  We’ll raise our glasses tonight to honour all on the celebration list and wish everyone a Merry Christmas Eve!  Stay safe, wash your hands, be well, keep warm and get your boosters!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

So, I was more than surprised when my cardiologist office called yesterday to tell me I had been exposed to covid. I knew from process of elimination that it was the technician who did my cardiograph. She was right in my face wearing a cloth mask but I had on a real N95 which is supposed to protect me. She began coughing about 5 minutes before the test was over.The office manager gave me her cell phone and told me to call over the weekend if I have any pm symptoms because there is someone they can give me. The frustrating thing is I can’t get a test until Tuesday. The pharmacy where I was vaccinated told me to call but there lab is overwhelmed. 
Both my grandsons tested negative so that was a relief. This scare made me decide to cancel  Sam’s in person birthday part. We will get him a cake and zoom.

I could use some prayers that I don’t get sick and I don’t know which variant I was exposed to.

Our clubhouse closed down yesterday because one of the landscapers was in it at a meeting and he tested positive.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Our prayers are winging your way Carol that your N95 mask protected you from the irresponsible technician.

Graham 

• Like 14

Merry Christmas  Eve to all.DS has promised  Swedish  Christmas  smorgasbord  dishes tonight.It is snowing a little now in cold NH so it feels very festive.

The pictures  are so nice to see with our Daily friends enjoying the cruise together. 

Take care everyone. 

• Like 23

Good morning to all,

Merry Christmas Eve.

Love Eggnog but think I will skip the Vampiro.

Sea Bass is one of my favorites.  Wish I had some.  If so, it would be tonight’s dinner.

Finally a port I have visited more than once. 

Prayers to those on the care list and congrats to those who are celebrating.

Here is a photo of DH and me in Athens in 2018.

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve and

God Bless.

Terri

425E885B-8EE6-44DD-B07A-00250F578550.jpeg

CC2BF2E2-2589-4342-9BAC-5778038DA2CA.jpeg

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

What  lovely happy photos of nice Dailyites enjoying their Christmas and New year cruise.

Graham.

Thank you Graham!  We are having a great time!

I saw your picture of your Mohs repair. I think you will heal quickly and in time you won’t even see a scar. Glad everything went well for you today. 

Merry Christmas!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

For some reason, I couldn’t get back into my previous post after I’d done an edit.  I wanted to wish @grapau27quick healing from his surgery, and safe travels to all who are not staying home for Christmas.  

Take care everyone, we want to talk to you after Christmas, not about you!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Praying that you don’t get infected Carol.  

Terri

• Like 12

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

I had my operation this morning and was home by 11.00am GMT.

Thank you for posting today's daily Rich from your cruise ship 

Thank you Roy for posting the lists while undergoing a lengthy radiotherapy therapy treatment.

Lovely days.

Chocolate 😋😋 and eggnog 😋.

Fortunately we got all our shopping in early but lots of people do last minute shopping.

I don't agree with the quote.

I love sea bass.

Sauvignon Blanc is nice.

We have been to Athens on Navigator of the seas in May 2013.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Happy Christmas to all the lovely people on the Daily.

Graham.

IMG-20211224-WA0000.jpg

Glad the surgery went well and that it is over. Hope you heal quickly.

God bless.

Terri

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

We visited Piraeus (Athens), Greece in October 2017 while on the Westerdam.

We started the day with a sunrise as we came into the port which is very busy with ferry traffic.

We took a ships tour which was very good and these are the two main sites we visited.

Panathenaic Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Athens, Greece. One of the main historic attractions of Athens, it is the only stadium in the world built entirely of marble.

A stadium was built on the site of a simple racecourse in c. 330 BC, and it was rebuilt in marble with completion by 144 AD and had a capacity of 50,000 seats.

P1020787.JPG

P1020788.JPG

P1020790.JPG

P1020791.JPG

P1020793.JPG

P1020795.JPG

P1020796.JPG

P1020798.JPG

P1020799.JPG

P1020800.JPG

P1020801.JPG

P1020806.JPG

P1020808.JPG

P1020813.JPG

P1020817.JPG

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

We then headed to The Acropolis of Athens is an ancient citadel located on a rocky outcrop above the city of Athens and contains the remains of several ancient buildings of great architectural and historical significance, the most famous being the Parthenon.

Lots of people making the trek.  It is a tough climb to the top and there were many folks that were not able to make it to the top.

P1020822.JPG

P1020823.JPG

P1020824.JPG

P1020825.JPG

P1020826.JPG

P1020829.JPG

P1020832.JPG

P1020833.JPG

P1020834.JPG

P1020835.JPG

P1020842.JPG

P1020844.JPG

P1020846.JPG

P1020847.JPG

P1020848.JPG

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all!

Like many others, every day is chocolate day at my house!  Last year I made egg nog that takes a couple months to "brew" (it was SO delicious!) but no time this year.  Also no last minute shopping, we had to get that finished before we did our 2-week land trip earlier this month.

I'm not surprised to hear that quote from Bill Mahar 🙄 'nuff said...I've had this wine before and it's good.  We've been to Athens several times, the most recently was this past September and October so my photos are from that cruise on the Eurodam.

@richwmnRich, I see that Rich Felder is on your cruise.  I'm sure you've seen him at Trivia -- could you tell him hi from Carolyn and Henry, his next-door-neighbors from the aft Eurodam?  He and his wife are lovely people.  And a huge thank you to all who are posting photos from the Rotterdam!

@mamaofamiprayers that you don't get Covid and thank you for giving more details about the technician.  I've relieved she was wearing a mask, and VERY happy you were wearing a good one.

@grapau27I'm sure you're happy that your surgery is over -- prayers for quick healing.

This visit we took the HOHO in Athens one day, some views from the bus

640067142_HOHOAthens.jpg.49c9489734faab9bd82ca9e9f6cc014d.jpg

1966369692_AthensHOHO.jpg.ce8ff7469117cc3d86c335eded6f6e85.jpg

Dionysos Theater

1214406139_DionysosTheater.jpg.1d1c066341847b84c05bb0e6a968842f.jpg

Dionysos Theater and view of Athens

993858431_AthensandDionysos.jpg.364f8eda7e8498b036924335175962a3.jpg

My favorite part of the Acropolis

Acropolis.jpg.d0a322afcc2b5bb40a6e43a6bde46bff.jpg

1970635681_Athens2021.jpg.d1eb79e8ddaec54432f46d60b596f011.jpg

2021.jpg.019879ccbabf0a7ec471046fc5c4f3f6.jpg

While on the HOHO we saw a large police presence in the streets.  Pretty soon we found out what was going on.

1961158271_Athenspolice.jpg.8d6d6ccad173fa89ec10ddb54954ef1d.jpg

It was a protest by students about funding.

717913050_Athensprotesters.jpg.e9c4f28f982481b6cfef2d7ee87df214.jpg

1357785368_ViewofAcropolis.jpg.9d8491c86486d5332242afec3c8daf08.jpg

We also went to the Acropolis Museum

1764150608_Acropolismuseum.jpg.1e7dd6412a012f8b9c0a11169515bbc2.jpg

666999723_inmuseum.jpg.ea7914083ca0a998ef90217aa991e6a0.jpg

cat.jpg.36553f241437fd7b0c4d38f38d4ead7c.jpg

Hadrian's Arch. Our first visit to Athens in 2011 there was no fee to enter.  Now there is.

497315826_HadriansArch.thumb.jpg.3dc1ba543f3282802ee070affdcfe7c0.jpg

We stopped to get some take-out from this restaurant, a favorite from 2011.  We were saddened to hear that the beloved patriarch of the family-owned restaurant had passed away in 2018.

392217859_GodsRestaurant.thumb.jpg.7b675742836c7abe1117b35c30658579.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cat in my lap said:

Hope you heal quickly!

I  am  so  glad  everything  went  well  and  you  are  home  with  your  darling  wife  and  can  be  together  for a  wonderful Christmas

Jim and Sheila

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and Happy Christmas Eve. Our dinner guest couple called early and they are cancelling as she has come down with bad cold symptoms and is going to get tested for Covid! So just me and my sweetheart which is always special.

I have been playing the forward echelon runner to the grocery store. Need more eggs, need brandy for eggnog, ginger snaps for pie crust, etc! By the amount of folks at the store I’m not the only one assigned these duties.

We will attend a Christmas Eve service (masked) and dinner following.

First time in my life without my wonderful sister but in my heart I know she is in better place then her last year here on earth.

Wishing all of you who celebrate a most joyous and safe Christmas Eve. 

Continued prayers for Jacqui and Jose and our long time Cruise Critic member Reverend Himself.

• Like 30