Symphony - terrible / no shows / Covid ?

danielwje1

15 hours ago, Lou33 said:

I'm sorry that you are still dealing with a bad experience, and you try to share your first hand account of what could happen, and then you get attacked.  

I think some people may feel threatened by any negative reports about the cruise industry.  They want to go on "their" cruise, no ifs, ands, or buts.  And they are worried that negative reports could somehow impact their cruise.  But trying to suppress or discredit bad news isn't going to change reality.  

I appreciate hearing everyone's point of view and hearing of their exoeriences. One thing is for sure, you are only going to get one side of the story from the cruise lines.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, beshears said:

"IF???" the 8 of us get on the ship Sunday, that will be GOOD, hopefully.  We are trying to find something POSITIVE about this whole virus mess.  My d-i-l said, if she is going to be quarantined, then at least she has her "balcony" to be on at that time. 🙂  Just have to find some humor along with everything else.

Apoarently she will only get to look at the balcony through the glass.😏

7 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Perhaps they posted it to inspire their team.  You grandgeezer seem to always focus on making something/anything a negative.  I do hope your glass is always half full.  If not, I’m happy to add a pour to make it so. Cheers!!

The pour had better be something found in the Schooner Bar and not some soda machine.😇

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Perhaps they posted it to inspire their team.  You grandgeezer seem to always focus on making something/anything a negative.  I do hope your glass is always half full.  If not, I’m happy to add a pour to make it so. Cheers!!

Just voicing my opinion, the last I heard it’s not against the law. I’m guessing your glass has been half full for almost two years now, how’s that working for you??

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

A good team leader would delegate a job like that to one of the 100 plus crew that are more qualified for the job. They wouldn’t post it on the internet to get the publicity.

Something like this maybe🤔

9598796.jpg.67c8fa413dd06f7e82aec8d29afea79f.jpg

Here's one with cat's. I hear she's a fan.

1653852654_81MEGp8MaL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.e88f9fde59bc1337c0bc92a24866ad38.jpg

• Haha 2

My friend who just got back this weekend voiced the same concerns as the OP last week. He said everything was closed and it was pretty much just eat and watch the ocean. His problem with that is as he put it, he could have done that for a quarter of the price on even the smallest Carnival ship. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, asalligo said:

My friend who just got back this weekend voiced the same concerns as the OP last week. He said everything was closed and it was pretty much just eat and watch the ocean. His problem with that is as he put it, he could have done that for a quarter of the price on even the smallest Carnival ship. 

A quarter, seriously 😳 

I'm sailing solo on Harmony for $700 next week

20220105_181657.jpg.1ca2669da9d4d146a4812fad39ce64f5.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How does that make any kind of sense? Seriously, what idiot thought that rule up?

Idk you are the doctor, but I'm thinking it's so you and your next door neighbor arent hanging out talking over the divider and getting his germs. If they knew both of you would stay inside and enjoy the fresh air maybe. The dividers between balconys arent air tight.

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk you are the doctor, but I'm thinking it's so you and your next door neighbor arent hanging out talking over the divider and getting his germs. If they knew both of you would stay inside and enjoy the fresh air maybe. The dividers between balconys arent air tight.

reminds me of this.

Screenshot_20220105-214815_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

A quarter, seriously 😳 

I'm sailing solo on Harmony for $700 next week

20220105_181657.jpg.1ca2669da9d4d146a4812fad39ce64f5.jpg

A quarter is about right.  The Christmas Symphony was at least 3 times as much as this.  Prices have adjusted to the current situation.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How does that make any kind of sense? Seriously, what idiot thought that rule up?

Agree. When I saw that I was like what the heck is that about? Absolutly nuts. I'd be livid, who wants to be stuck inside all day/night? Insanity. 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Don't need to be. Six feet is easy and talking to your neighbor can be good for mental health and normality. Sunshine and fresh air is also good for you. They need to dump this bulldung policy asap. I actually thought that the person who claimed this was a policy was flat out lying because I couldn't even fathem this being true as it sounds so incredibly rediculous. 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 4

On 1/4/2022 at 10:33 PM, grandgeezer said:

A good team leader would delegate a job like that to one of the 100 plus crew that are more qualified for the job. They wouldn’t post it on the internet to get the publicity.

The ship had minimal crew during lockdown. Capt. Kate doesn’t seem to mind doing something that needs to be done even if it’s below her pay grade. She could have also been bored with the ship sitting for months.

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Which category cabin? That is a nice price.

That’s always important info. 👍🏼 Makes a huge difference in knowing what the cabin is when someone posts a price.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Idk you are the doctor, but I'm thinking it's so you and your next door neighbor arent hanging out talking over the divider and getting his germs….

Well, since they both have covid does it really matter if they exchange germs? If one has Delta and one has Omicron can they transfer it to each other while they are sick? I haven’t heard anything about that so I’m thinking no but could be wrong.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 1:33 PM, Rosy Season said:

We had a balcony. We were on it and then got a call from Guest Services to shut the balcony.  I was surprised because I guess I didn't realize they even knew when balcony doors were open.  But I guess it makes sense... 

We’re you leaving the balcony door open or closing it after you went out? They don’t like them left open since it affects the ac in other rooms also.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Don't need to be. Six feet is easy and talking to your neighbor can be good for mental health and normality. Sunshine and fresh air is also good for you. They need to dump this bulldung policy asap. I actually thought that the person who claimed this was a policy was flat out lying because I couldn't even fathem this being true as it sounds so incredibly rediculous. 

They will. In my opinion, things will change very quickly in the next few weeks. The virus is out of control. We put up the good fight, and vaxxed, boosted, masked. If we catch it, I am no longer concerned about it. And we will be done with it for this year. :classic_smile: I don't want to have a bad cold, but only because I haven't had one for such a long time. And no one wishes for a cold. But I'm tired of it. And I have the time to be ill for a few days if that is what happens. (As long as it is not on a cruise or vacation). :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

On 1/4/2022 at 10:33 PM, grandgeezer said:

What qualifications does one need to have to flush a toilet?

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We’re you leaving the balcony door open or closing it after you went out? They don’t like them left open since it affects the ac in other rooms also.

Good question. Did they just want the door closed or did they say she could not go out there?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

This crazy rule is reminiscent of the early days of the "plague" when everyone was clueless.🙄

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Good question. Did they just want the door closed or did they say she could not go out there?

Or maybe they were allowed to go out but not smoke. That’s the only reason I can see for being told not to be outside. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by A&L_Ont