I don't regret

SSBrickNJ

I "should" be (originally) on Anthem of the Seas right now, but I don't regret that I cancelled.

#1 Anyone on the ship paying for wifi and reading this? If "Yes", how is it?

#2 Anyone reading this who also was originally booked and then cancelled?

Someday I hope to go on RC again. I'm fully vaccinated and could have gone this week.

I just didn't want to.

• Like 8

Making my to do list of what I need to cancel for our Jan 3rd Freedom cruise... while I completely regret that we won't be cruising, it's just too much right now. Covid cases are crazy, record breaking high in Florida, cruises are being denied entry to ports, flights are being cancelled, the worry of quarantine needed  during or after a cruise, too many passengers on board... the list of reasons to cancel is far outweighing my desire to be on a cruise ship 😬

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, erinsmom03 said:

Making my to do list of what I need to cancel for our Jan 3rd Freedom cruise... while I completely regret that we won't be cruising, it's just too much right now. Covid cases are crazy, record breaking high in Florida, cruises are being denied entry to ports, flights are being cancelled, the worry of quarantine needed  during or after a cruise, too many passengers on board... the list of reasons to cancel is far outweighing my desire to be on a cruise ship 😬

I completely agree with you. The board has several threads about ships with problems this week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

That totally makes sense. You do what you feel is best. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I "should" be (originally) on Anthem of the Seas right now, but I don't regret that I cancelled.

Someday I hope to go on RC again. I'm fully vaccinated and could have gone this week.

I just didn't want to.

Hi neighbor, I'm in Whiting area. I was lucky enough to go on Anthem for Nov 28. I guess that was shortly before the scales tipped. You do what's best for you. I probably would have cancelled too once this variant reared it's ugly head. I'm vaccinated too. I had no problem wearing the masks,  but it's just no fun looking over your shoulder as to when and if you'll going to be the next positive case no matter how careful you are. Hoping things get better so you can cruise again. I'm not scheduled for anymore until next October. I have no intention of booking unless it's last minute, good price and less stressful.

• Like 5

We cancelled a Hawaii trip for January earlier this month and were considering a cruise on the Anthem next month instead. Woke up the next morning and early January cruises had been pulled off the site. We are happy to be home instead. We'll ski, snowshoe, do some chores we've been putting off. Sure hope things will have subsided by May

Edited by MommaBear55
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MommaBear55 said:

We cancelled a Hawaii trip for January earlier this month and were considering a cruise on the Anthem next month instead. Woke up the next morning and early January cruises had been pulled off the site. We are happy to be home instead. We'll ski, snowshoe, do some chores we've been putting off. Sure hope things will have subsided by May

As the saying goes... There's no place like home..... truer now than ever I think.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, sammee said:

Hi neighbor, I'm in Whiting area. I was lucky enough to go on Anthem for Nov 28. I guess that was shortly before the scales tipped. You do what's best for you. I probably would have cancelled too once this variant reared it's ugly head. I'm vaccinated too. I had no problem wearing the masks,  but it's just no fun looking over your shoulder as to when and if you'll going to be the next positive case no matter how careful you are. Hoping things get better so you can cruise again. I'm not scheduled for anymore until next October. I have no intention of booking unless it's last minute, good price and less stressful.

I'm glad you were comfortable enough to go on Nov. 28th. Thanks for your friendly response.

• Like 2

Today I cancelled our New Years Eve cruise on the Allure that is leaving Dec. 30.  We had originally considered doing so when the itinerary was changed since we had booked for some specific ports. Decided we'd go with it.  Now with the Omicron variant and ships being denied port entry at some of the islands, we opted out.

We are disappointed not to be going, but have no regret with our choice.

Edited by denamo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Exactly. These reasons are exactly why we are canceling our 12/30 Allure sailing tomorrow. We are really bummed about it too and wish Royal would lift & shift again but will be happy just to get a refund at this point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I just didn't want to.

FWIW, I have been chatting with a friend on board, and she said that there is very high compliance with health protocols, and all shows and entertainment are running.

Just FYI.

• Like 12

We will be on a cruise on Sunday,  if all is still ok and flights aren't cancelled .  While we are apprehensive, I don't like putting things off.  We are young healthy seniors.  However if we put things off again- will we be healthy and alive next year?  Have had friends and collegues who have had various disorders and illness- who were previously healthy, who have passed away or become disabled during this covid period.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

FWIW, I have been chatting with a friend on board, and she said that there is very high compliance with health protocols, and all shows and entertainment are running.

Just FYI.

That's good news. I want the people who paid their money and jumped thru all the protocols to have fun. I just didn't think that wearing a mask much of the time and likely hearing the staff not only say  "washy-washy" but possibly "mask-ee - maskee" would be as fun as the pre covid days.

• Like 2

I'm a little disappointed in RCCL - who is running ads (such as five minutes ago on this site) about the variety of onboard activities and shore excursions they have.   I think they can safely promise, this week, a nice boat ride and three meals a day.  A friend who teaches health statistics thinks we will have a sharp Omicron peak- which is happening, as predicted, exactly now.  RCCL did announce a close in booking freeze, but despite a lot of very unpopular coaching from the US CDC is still in full on cheerleading mode.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

We are on the explorer right now and I agree with everything you said. We are cruising fanatics and typically cruise twice a year but at this point it's just too much.  This is our 2nd cruise since start up. First was in Oct and it went pretty well but things were pretty calm covid wise a couple months ago. We are having a good time but honestly if I had a do over I'd probably cancel instead of dealing with all the hoopla. But who knows by the end of the week I may have a different opinion lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, zpdw484 said:

We are on the explorer right now and I agree with everything you said. We are cruising fanatics and typically cruise twice a year but at this point it's just too much.  This is our 2nd cruise since start up. First was in Oct and it went pretty well but things were pretty calm covid wise a couple months ago. We are having a good time but honestly if I had a do over I'd probably cancel instead of dealing with all the hoopla. But who knows by the end of the week I may have a different opinion lol

Please, let us know what you think at the end of your cruise. I hope all goes well for you. I am so disappointed by canceling, and the family has decided we will wait a couple days before pulling the plug just to be sure... but I honestly don't expect to be on that ship in a week.

• Thanks 1

It is both sad and unfortunate to have to cancel, but you listened to your gut instinct and made the correct choice for you and your traveling companion/group.  There will always be another opportunity to cruise.  Stay healthy and have fun dreaming & planning your future cruise.  (Maybe we will see you in Seattle for an Alaskan cruise).    :  )

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Agreed...

• Thanks 1

We've moved our January RC cruise to a Jan X cruise, as most of the onboard activities continue to be offered (as well as no masking, provided protocols remain unchanged).  Just can't fathom paying for the experience RC is offering.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1