The Daily for Tuesday 12/28/2021

richwmn

Today is Call a Friend Day, National Short Film Day, and Card Playing Day

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results. -- Willie Nelson

Meal Suggestion for today - Quick Moroccan Shrimp Skillet
Drink of the Day - Cuba Libre
Wine of the Day - Abbazia di Novacella 2019 Sylvaner (Alto Adige Val
Destination of the Day - Brisbane, Australia

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Caribbean

Nieuw Amsterdam

Destination Half Moon Cay BS 00:00 - 24:00

Nieuw Statendam

Destination Ocho Rios Jamacia

At Sea Pacific

Koningsdam

Destination Cabo San Lucas MX

Guaymas, Sonora Mexico, San Carlos Nuevo Guaymas

Zuiderdam

08:00 - 17:00

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Eurodam

08:00 - 15:00

Roseau, Dominica

Rotterdam

08:00 - 17:00

Ships Without Passengers

At Sea Mediterranain Sea

Oosterdam

Destination Palermo ES eta 12/30

At Sea Pacific

Westerdam

Destination Los Angeles CA US eta 12/29

Corfu GR

Volendam

Zaandam

Great Stirrup Cay

Noordam

1228Caribbean.thumb.png.3fb4d1a18ff8e197332cc9ab5d9f06ed.png

1228NAmericaW.thumb.png.542e62ad719c6d4d18990d9cffbd4c87.png

1228Europe.thumb.png.7babd9edc977e064a6d715059bd5b74d.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 10

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich and posting from your BHB 🙂. My heavens you are up some early again 😱 

Nice collection of days.  No one here to play cards with so it’s either Solitaire to celebrate he day or nothing.  My friends are called regularly and I’m sure I will be honouring the day again today 😉 

That Willie Nelson quote is very true.  

I have a care package prepared for Jose and a bag of boxes of chocolates for the staff on Jose’s floor.  I did ask for help and  one of my angels is going to deliver it for me to the hospital, thankfully.

171EF6BC-ADA7-4C8C-98CB-2C59F27E90F5.thumb.jpeg.a34c41fe6e183a5cc702e9cb886cc8bb.jpeg

I didn’t want to make the trip to the hospital as I have a sick dog on my hands and as soon as the vet opens, I’ll be calling & taking him in 😔.  Of course, it’s the one that doesn’t like to get in the car.  Just hope I have the strength to pull it off 🤞 What else can go wrong this holiday??? This seemed appropriate today.

7152EB78-8477-4886-A942-C49268F578E9.jpeg.a12c3ed734cfc8eabb0ccc4dd2c50359.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

071AB30E-F787-4D83-866D-ADFE02A9AEFE.thumb.jpeg.1048d52faf5367a08b9c7018f3a5d38e.jpeg

Have a good Tuesday everyone!  Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 10

22 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday from the Rotterdam. 

9A3C0CC5-EB43-4ECD-BBDA-52902CFD8178.thumb.jpeg.d93c4966b49b15d45d103f3e7b31993e.jpeg

We will be at Roseau, Dominica soon and we have a shore excursion today, Panoramic Rain Forest Drive. 

Have a great day everyone!

Lovely sunrise photo.

I hope you have a lovely excursion Sharon.

Graham.

• Like 17

Thank you for the Tuesday Daily, Rich.  I'll pass on the cards but 2 other nice days.  I love Willie Nelson's quote.  I'll pass on the Shrimp.  I have not been to Brisbane.

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose and wisdom for his doctors
Saint John Hospital Covid Situatio
n
RIP Archbishop Tutu
Welfare of furloughed crews
Ancient Wanderer Upper Respitory Infection
Mamaofami’s friend and Walkerin hospice
1ANGELCAT with finger in splint
From the rotation:
summer slope BCC surgery in February
positive biopsy for Mtn2Sea appointment early January
lazey1's BIL with Covid
rafinmd undergoing radiation

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kwanza
6 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Himself recovering from Covid
Av8rix (1/9) Seasick Sailor (1/16), Lindaler, garlictown, Sharon, and Rich(Rotterdam to 2 Jan) , Copper10_8 (Koningscam to 2 Jan) and Ichiban Nekko (Nieuw Amsterdam to 1/8) at sea
msmayor in Virginia
Ger_77 celebrating birthday in Calgary
Welcome home HorizonChaser1957
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female staff captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

These are 2 difficult days between the early treatment and contractors in the house.  I hope I haven't fouled up anything in the lists.

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.

It is 46°F foggy and raining.

Thank you for today's daily Rich from your cruise ship.

Pauline is in daily contact with most of her friends by phone or text.

It is years since I played cards.

I always try to think positive in my mind and in everything I do.

I like prawns (Shrimps) but will give the drink a miss.

Brisbane is on our wish list of stops when we visit Australia so it will be nice to see photos from people who have been.

Prayers 🙏 always for everyone who need them.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷.

Graham.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

These are 2 difficult days between the early treatment and contractors in the house.  I hope I haven't fouled up anything in the lists.

We are vert grateful to you for doing the lists especially with everything on your plate.  thank you for your dedication ♥️ and I’m sure everyone will understand if there is a minor slip up 💜 Don’t even give it a second thought.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, kazu said:

We are vert grateful to you for doing the lists especially with everything on your plate.  thank you for your dedication ♥️ and I’m sure everyone will understand if there is a minor slip up 💜 Don’t even give it a second thought.

+1.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Rich and fellow Daily-ites. 

Prayers out to Jacqui, Jose, Roy, and Father. Asking for strength. 

I've been reading my book since 5:30 and just noticed we are docked. I think I may jump off the ship for a bit and see what's going on.

Have a great day everyone. I'll catch up later. Xx

• Like 30

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Rich and fellow Daily-ites. 

Prayers out to Jacqui, Jose, Roy, and Father. Asking for strength. 

I've been reading my book since 5:30 and just noticed we are docked. I think I may jump off the ship for a bit and see what's going on.

Have a great day everyone. I'll catch up later. Xx

Hope you have a lovely day in port today and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Graham.

• Like 13

Good Morning! Up early for no other reason other I couldn’t sleep anymore!

@kazuI can relate to what you are going through as I was unable to visit my wife when she was seriously ill and hospitalized during pandemic. So frustrating but God got me through it. Continued thoughts, concern and prayers.

Roy your doing a great job. It’s alright to even skip a day if you need to. We appreciate your volunteering.

Two more days and off to babysit grandchildren for six days. Maybe I should go back to bed and rest up!

Willie’s quote is so true but he was probably stoned when he said it.😀

Let’s be positive out there. 

Thanks to our publishing editor Rich.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 33

Good morning and thanks for the Daily Report.

Somehow, I managed to sleep in this morning, not sure how that happened.

Interesting days, it's 0C and cloudy.  Maybe DH and I will play a game of cards this afternoon.

Love the quote, good advice.

Looking forward to seeing the recipe for today's meal suggestion.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.

Stay safe.

• Like 28

Good morning everyone and thanks for the daily report and lists Roy and Rich.  Nice collection of days, I think that I’ll call a college friend today to check in on his son who was hospitalized with Covid pneumonia and is home now.  The meal suggestion sounds delicious. The quote makes perfect sense to me.  I haven’t been to today’s port, I’ll enjoy it through the photos.  Prayers for everyone on today’s list and cheers to you celebrating happy events.

• Like 26

Quick post for the drink of the day.  Off to Dr. appt. for 6 mo. check-up.  Will be back later.

Cuba Libre:

Rum and Coke, or the Cuba libre, is a highball cocktail consisting of cola, rum, and in many recipes lime juice on ice. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Rum
Ingredients: 1 2/3 oz White rum, 1/3 oz Fresh lime juice, 4 oz Cola
Preparation: Build all ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedge.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Lime wedge
Drinkware: Highball glass

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 7.20.36 AM.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A stellar collection of days!

Thank you for taking care of our lists Roy. I would almost be willing to bet a cruise that none of us would ever hold a slip against you. We might gently correct you, but only if we catch it ourselves.  Morning Dailyites! Jacqui, @kazu hoping that your family all gets better soon: human and fur. ❤️

I did not stretch enough after my gym class yesterday, and both my hamstrings and my lower back are complaining.   Hopefully this morning’s class will help loosen them up a bit. Looks like the beginning of another amazing day here. Making plans to do the Magic of Lights show at the International Speedway - perhaps Thursday. Everyone should be sick of leftovers by then. 

This actually works for dog & cat persons…..

E0F61004-D9EC-4916-99F9-158ED22E2024.jpeg.f5eab4f4c11b82ebef9c037567742540.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone.

Abbazia di Novacella 2019 Sylvaner 

I need to try a Sylvaner. I am fairly certain that I have never encountered this variety before this morning. There are a few online distributors with reasonable prices starting at $16.94.

Wine Notes

• 100% Sylvaner
  • Sourced from Bressanone valley basin
  • 650-750m elevation
  • Morainic deposits composed of mica schist, para gneiss and quartzite
  • South, southeast and southwest aspect
  • Fermentation and aging 3/4 in stainless steel tank and 1/4 in 50hl acacia casks for six months
  • 4,000 cases produced annually
Region: Trentino/Alto Adige
Appellation: Alto Adige DOC
Variety: Sylvaner
Color: White
Farming Practice: Practicing Organic
Wine Enthusiasts Score 93

Review: 
Apricot, citrus and smoke aromas form the nose of this radiant, fragrant white. On the racy, delicious palate, vibrant acidity and flinty mineral notes lend tension and depth to ripe yellow peach, juicy grapefruit and ginger. 

JAMES SUCKLING Score: 92
Review: 
The lemon and flint character really comes through here. It’s medium-bodied with pretty intensity of fruit and a vivid finish. The slightly phenolic tension and mouth feel adds further interest. Drink or hold.
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! 

Monitoring the current cruise situation as our Rotterdam cruise is in 19 days. Just happy that we can cruise at this time and have our health! A few weeks ago they changed the itinerary so now we are only visiting HMC and Curacao with an overnight there. The HAL excursions that we booked still need to be rearranged but there wasn't a problem a few weeks ago with the same situation on our Koningsdam cruise so I am sure it will be a non-issue. I ordered our tests from Emed yesterday and checking our stock of KN95 masks. So far our precautions have worked on our Iceland and Mexico cruises this year.

I had my teleconference with the nurse practitioner about my sinus infection yesterday. She prescribed an antibiotic which I will pickup today. It actually seems to have run its course by the time I spoke to her but she is concerned that it may become a bacterial infection given the length of time I had it. I rarely take an antibiotic so I guess I will take what has been prescribed.

Sam is beginning to bug me for his morning walk now. I hope everyone has a great day!

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 30

Good morning, everyone.  Prayers for those on the care list.  May all have peace and healing.

I have been in a monthly Pinochle group since January, 1980.  Discounting prevaccine Covid time,  we have met each month almost without fail.  We have now switched to meeting at a country club restaurant (they provide a room as long as we buy lunch) rather than an evening time in someone’s home.  Kids don’t know what they are missing — card games rather than video games!

Have a great day.  Katherine 

• Like 30

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Much appreciated from someone who is maintaining the Future Cruise List and faithfully putting out Bon Voyages while facing challenges far worse than mine.

Roy

• Like 37

Good morning, All.  It's a delight to see "Call a Friend Day."  It's so odd -- since the pandemic struck, several good friends have "gone dark," as have I, even though we'd maintained active communication for some 50 years.  Maybe just too sad that we couldn't actually see each other?  Who knows?  But I had made a mental commitment to reach out before the New Year.  "Call a Friend Day" is a good extra push.  😊

Some of my favorite short films are James Fitzpatrick's "Travel Talks."  They show them on Turner Classic Movies intermittently.  It's so much fun to see how places around the world used to look.  🌍  🌎   🌏

That shrimp skillet dish would taste good right along with a Cuba Libre.  Looking forward to seeing the recipe.  

My favorite "card playing" story:  At a club we belonged to when I was a kid, there was a group of ladies who had played cards together regularly for many, many years.

When one of the ladies developed dementia, her friends picked her up and drove her to the club and played her hands for her.  Such a beautiful story of friendship. 

With that, many thanks to Rich and all contributors for The Daily.  Prayers continue for those who are experiencing trials, and a toast to those who are having happy times.

• Like 30

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich and posting from your BHB 🙂. My heavens you are up some early again 😱 

Nice collection of days.  No one here to play cards with so it’s either Solitaire to celebrate he day or nothing.  My friends are called regularly and I’m sure I will be honouring the day again today 😉 

That Willie Nelson quote is very true.  

I have a care package prepared for Jose and a bag of boxes of chocolates for the staff on Jose’s floor.  I did ask for help and  one of my angels is going to deliver it for me to the hospital, thankfully.

171EF6BC-ADA7-4C8C-98CB-2C59F27E90F5.thumb.jpeg.a34c41fe6e183a5cc702e9cb886cc8bb.jpeg

I didn’t want to make the trip to the hospital as I have a sick dog on my hands and as soon as the vet opens, I’ll be calling & taking him in 😔.  Of course, it’s the one that doesn’t like to get in the car.  Just hope I have the strength to pull it off 🤞 What else can go wrong this holiday??? This seemed appropriate today.

7152EB78-8477-4886-A942-C49268F578E9.jpeg.a12c3ed734cfc8eabb0ccc4dd2c50359.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

071AB30E-F787-4D83-866D-ADFE02A9AEFE.thumb.jpeg.1048d52faf5367a08b9c7018f3a5d38e.jpeg

Have a good Tuesday everyone!  Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

Oh my I am so sorry  that one of the dogs is sick.Stress on top of stress.Please let us know what the Vet says.

• Like 20

Good morning Dailyites!  I actually made and cooked something last night-jiffy corn souffle.  It was yummy...not healthy but yummy.

Yesterday when i went to walk the dog, I found out my neighbor was right.  The dog is using the fluffy duck as a pillow, it was not torn to shreds.  She is a big boxer, with attitude, and yesterday while walking her I found out how much she hates Amazon trucks.  I had her leash on my left arm, and when she yanked she pulled so hard my arm has bruises on it.  Thank heavens she didn't catch and eat the truck!

I will admit that these drivers have no regard for keeping to the speed limit in our neighborhood.

Don't know the recipe for Moroccan shrimp yet, but there is shrimp in the freezer for Masaman Curry on Friday night.  Shrimp anyway is great.  I am supposed to walk this morning with my friend, the sky is blue, the sun is up, and i just want to go back to sleep.  However, I told her I would call her at 9, to get her up, and verify that she wants to go walk.

I like the Willie Nelson quote.  I saw a bit of an interview with him this past weekend, and he said the funniest thing- "If you live thinking each day will be your last, one day you will be right."

Have a great day!

il_fullxfull.961400136_9wkn.jpg

• Like 30

Good morning to  all.It will be warm and sunny here and the two dogs are waiting  for their big walk.They certainly  propel me up some of the steeper hills.

We have been calling friends more  frequently  in the last few weeks and I love card games.We taught  the DGC's Hearts and also Spades over Christmas  and they were pretty good at it.

I look forward  to recipes and port pictures  today.I decided to make vegetarian  chili in the crack pot for our dinner tonight.I need to figure out a dessert that everyone  likes.

• Like 24