Emerald Princess On Board 12.29 Sailing.

misguy

We disembarked on the 29th of December after sailing for 20 days B2B. On the second leg the dancers mysteriously disappeared starting on day 3 and all shows that would have involved them were reworked. On the last day the CD, Jody (a real ball of fire BTW) disappeared too.

Have you seen any of these people on your cruise? I certainly hope so!

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Have the self service coffee & tea stations been available at the buffet? 

On the Majestic and Sky they were not available. The crew would bring you coffee and tea. The area was roped off so you couldn’t get it yourself. The self-service ice cream in the pool area was also served by a crew member. For me this was a nice improvement as that machine was always a mess when it was self-serve.

• Like 1

For those sailing on the Emerald through the PC, there is a place they call the Monkey Bridge, right over the bridge, and it is a perfect spot to watch the transit.  You go all the way forward on deck 15 and then out the door, there are about 4 steps to climb but you are right on top of the bridge and you get a great view of the locks and activity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, misguy said:

It seems like they serve all the beverages and the ice cream.  With the medallion I have gotten spoiled and I get cappuccino delivered wherever I am on the ship.

I was spoiled too on our 2 sailings. I loved ordering a specialty coffee early in the morning and having it delivered to our cabin. Then sitting out on the balcony to enjoy it. 

• Like 1

It was interesting that we left Colon, Panama late last night.  We were waiting on tour groups whose tours ran late.  They tell you that the tour timing depends on activities in the Panama Canal, so be prepared for long tours.  

One other note, is don't forget to put on your sunscreen when watching the ship pass through the locks, even if the weather is cool and cloudy,  I have some red places today, and I don't sunburn easily.

20220103_081821.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, misguy said:

We were denied permission to go ashore in Ocho Rios and now we are going past Cuba and not sure what the plan plan is, We should get an announcement later this morning.

Jamaica has turned away a few ships this week already.  Hoping they find an alternative for you, otherwise have a nice sea day!

8 minutes ago, misguy said:

We were just notified that we are heading for Princess Cays, and we will be there from about 9 - 5 tomorrow.  

Glad to here that Princess Cays is still in operation. It should be a relaxing day at the beach. 

28 minutes ago, misguy said:

We were just notified that we are heading for Princess Cays, and we will be there from about 9 - 5 tomorrow.  

and ?

VACCINATED TRAVELLERS 

• Effective 27 December, 2021, fully vaccinated persons travelling to The Bahamas from other countries will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR), taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.

13 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and ?

VACCINATED TRAVELLERS 

• Effective 27 December, 2021, fully vaccinated persons travelling to The Bahamas from other countries will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR), taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.

I think that requirement only applies when flying in to the Bahamas.

On 1/4/2022 at 6:52 AM, misguy said:

It was interesting that we left Colon, Panama late last night.  We were waiting on tour groups whose tours ran late.  They tell you that the tour timing depends on activities in the Panama Canal, so be prepared for long tours.  

One other note, is don't forget to put on your sunscreen when watching the ship pass through the locks, even if the weather is cool and cloudy,  I have some red places today, and I don't sunburn easily.

20220103_081821.jpg

Where are the ship was this photo taken?

How strict is the masking? I’m happy to wear a mask, but I heard that on some ships you can only take your mask down to take a sip of drink and then immediately back up. Other than masking and new buffet and self-serve ice cream rules, is everything else pretty much the same? 

Masking is pretty strict, inside wear a mask, they aren't enforcing it that tightly, but we are being very careful. 

We just found out that we can't go to Princess Cay either, so another sea day and then back to FLL.